Lucid dreaming and cannabis

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
caboose131

Lucid dreaming and cannabis

Postby caboose131 » 12 Jun 2013 03:13

Hi, I have wondered for sometime, people who engage in cannabis smoking, especially if they do it quite occasionally, will smoking cannabis somehow "limit" or decrease the chances of lucid dreaming? Will it have a profound effect on dreaming or it won't really affect it?

LucidLink

Re: Lucid dreaming and cannabis

Postby LucidLink » 12 Jun 2013 17:35

Hi, Im a 19 year old, and all i do is smoke kush all day. I wasn't dreaming at all at first, but then I started to try harder to remember my dreams. I try to stop smoking by 8 pm and go to bed by 10. And then usually I start dreaming around four or three and on the rest of the night. Going to bed high stops you going from going into REM sleep, which is when the vivid dreaming takes place. But once you sober up halfway through the night, you go into REM rebound which actually helps you dream now.

But I think overall it affects my dreams negatively. I know if I quit smoking I'd have for more vivid and longer dreams. But I make it work because I love smoking haha.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Last edited by LucidLink on 12 Jun 2013 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

caboose131

Postby caboose131 » 12 Jun 2013 19:01

So you are saying if people who smoke a lot were to stop smoking a few hours before they go to sleep, then it would be possible to still enter REM?

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 18 Jun 2013 00:55

Refer to the answer I gave you in your topic in general duscussion

[ Post made via Android ] Image

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 24 Jun 2013 11:04

caboose131 wrote:Hi, I have wondered for sometime, people who engage in cannabis smoking, especially if they do it quite occasionally, will smoking cannabis somehow "limit" or decrease the chances of lucid dreaming? Will it have a profound effect on dreaming or it won't really affect it?

This mostly depends upon the personal will power of the person.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”