Ordered galantamind/choline, but parents are worried

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
DAZ_XT950

Ordered galantamind/choline, but parents are worried

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 09 Jan 2014 13:46

Hey guys. For quite some time now (about 5 months), I have been wanting to experiment with using supplements such as galantamine and choline, but I never actually made the decision to do it until a few days ago. So I ordered some galantamind capsules (from here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000MRGREO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and some choline tablets (from here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00024CRC8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and the galantamind arrived today.

Now to my problem. When the galantamind arrived, my parents started telling me about how I would be out of my mind to take them and saying that I had more money than sense (this made me feel quite upset as I felt they were being really condescending and were basically calling me an idiot, which I'm not. But that's not the point). They made some good points (such as, I don't know the people that made these drugs and they could be filled with dangerous chemicals and such. Also, if these drugs are safe to use and are commonly used for alzheimers, why can't I buy them over the counter in a shop or at the local pharmacy).

They pointed out that I should have talked about it with them beforehand and I completely agree. I also understand that they are just trying to look out for me and my health, but I have done lots of research on this subject over the past few years and I also know the risks, but I am confident that I am not harming myself by taking these supplements. My parents don't care about any research I have done though. They say that I don't know these people on the internet and that I cannot say for certain that any scientific research in this field is even real. They are being really stubborn about it and I don't like arguing with my parents so I just let it slide and told them that I'm not going to take them.

Finally, to my question. Can anybody help me out and tell me something I can tell my parents to make them feel better about this or to convince them that I know what I'm doing? Would I be able to take the supplements to the local doctors or chemists/pharmacy and ask them if they can tell me anything about these supplements? And if I did manage to convince my parents that galantamind and choline were safe to use, they would worry the people I ordered the supplements from, so is there anyway I can prove the eligibility of these sources?

I apologise for the length of this post. Also, any help that you can give me is GREATLY appreciated.
(I don't know if this matters but, I'm 17 years old and live in Scotland)

Jackson

Re: Ordered galantamind/choline, but parents are worried

Postby Jackson » 10 Jan 2014 04:43

Hey daz, no idea if this will help but here is what I would do; either ask your local pharmicist for an examination of it and whether it is safe or not. ( not sure if they will do this, anyway mine do) if not then I would start teaching your parents about ld'ing and Rebecca's website then after a few days of training ( lol) show them that galantine and choline are safe according to Rebecca. Tell them that the website is reliable because after using the techniques on it, you have had the desired result. Maybe share some LD's and teach them how to do them ( hopefully they are naturals and don't take too long)

Anyway hope that helped.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jan 2014 02:03

Your parents concerns are real and the same issues I faced when I decided to use some supplements to experiment with Lucid dreaming.
You have no idea on the production controls for G so all you can do is buy from somewhere that others do and pay up for the stuff. Some sites like Dreamherbs (think that is right) is where I get mine and plenty of people get it from there.

There are no controls for almost all herbal supplements, vitamins and minerals so it is a mine field that has no answer.

There is not a lot you can do, I have used on a regular basis ( about 8mg of G and choline) about once each two weeks for a couple of years and no issues of note. That is my experience but I am nobody to your parents and cant address their concerns.

How experienced are you? it is an aid and you still need the ability to control yourself in the dream state or they might not be of much use.

On another note a good strong coffee or something like a No-doze coffee tablet works just as well for me.

Feel free to PM me if you wish

And you parents should be happy that you are asking and not just jumping in

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jan 2014 23:46

I know galantamine and choline are safe, (although my spelling might be off :P ), but if I was a parent I too would question the validity of Amazon.com. Who knows what they are sending you! I can't help but understand your parents concerns and you gotta love them!
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Jan 2014 00:08

Being a parent myself, I can understand the concerns of your parents concerning these supplements. They do have a responsibility to insure your safety when you are under their care.

I did quite a bit of reading on these before trying them. As far as these supplements go, I consider them safe although safe and risk free are two different things. But then nothing is risk free of course. Driving a car is a lot more dangerous than G and C for sure, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't drive a car.

Galantamind is one of the most popular Galantamine products available and has been used by a lot of people. If taken in reasonable doses and spaced out, it is unlikely that it will cause any problems. Galantamine is used by Alzheimer sufferers, but in doses that are 2 or 3 times higher than you would take for lucid dreams. But the main thing to think about is that these supplements are only aids, you still have to get there by yourself. Once you are there, they can only enhance and intensify the experience. My suggestion would be to learn how to lucid dream without them first and of course you will have to satisfy the concerns of your parents.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Jan 2014 01:01

Maybe it's off topic but then again, no.
Has anyone tried to explain to their mother with a sober mind what lucid dreaming is?
I tried recently and I was in a car for a drive and she was the driver, she started the subject, and I blurted out that lucid dreaming is temporary insanity but I come out of it with a clear, lucid mind and can write it down...... That's the definition of lucid: being clear minded during periods of insanity. (A night of dreams is pure insanity!)

That's the only way I can describe it but we have to laugh and understand that she didn't find it funny at all!
My mother thinks I'm crazy! But deep down I think she understands.
Last edited by HAGART on 12 Jan 2014 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Jan 2014 01:10

The way I explain lucid dreaming to everyone is:

There are two ways you can experience your dreams:

1. Sleep through your dreams and remember them after you wake up.
2. Be awake during your dreams and participate in them like you do in your waking life activities.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Jan 2014 01:17

Sounds too simple. When I try to explain it, and I did over Christmas when family was here, I told my cousins and tried to have a heart to heart, but I just sounded like a nut and they haven't spoken to me since. I'm not kidding around. I am an outcast and I keep trying to get my cousins and brothers to take part and understand me but they won't. I've given them this website but they still won't join!

You either get frustrated or you just laugh! I know I am on to something and I found friends here. That's all that matters.

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jan 2014 02:26

I am an outcast and I keep trying to get my cousins and brothers to take part and understand me but they won'

Awesome, so am in a lot of ways and by choice. I dont bother sharing much unless it comes up in conversation say if someone says they had this odd dream or whatever but there is no way to get the message across and it normal among those that can. Anyone that is curious is on these boards and for me thats plenty.

My view is that I dont understand them ( the scoffers and ones that thinks it odd) they sleep like animals and all they do is kill time in the night so its not my loss or my job to enlighten them. Ha- hard attitude maybe but only my personal view.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”