MDILD: McDonald's Induced LD

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
MAKER

MDILD: McDonald's Induced LD

Postby MAKER » 09 Feb 2014 04:30

I have caught onto what could possibly be the LD breakthrough of the century...McDonald's B'fast helps to induce LD's.

Hear me out...

Whenever I have a chance for a late morning nap (which in itself helps produce LD's), I take it. But, I have noticed that if I eat the B'fast meal that has the two sausage McMuffins (along with two extra hashbrowns and a Dr. Pepper...Yea, I live life dangerously), I have really intense LD's, and I mean intense full awareness.

Obviously waking up early helps by reducing time in REM, and naps are prime for LD's, but I would estimate that about 70-80% of the time, it works every time :D . I don't know if it has to do with the grease, full belly, or the chemicals that comprise 80% of the food content of those delicious little grease balls, but they have worked better than any LD supplement, including Melatonin, Galantamine, and Choline Bitartrate (not kidding).

It could even be that I have psychologically created a link between the two, and it's mostly mental, but it has definitely worked enough times that is statistically significant. And so I thought I'd share my secret.

If you happen to try out this method, please post the results as I'm interested if it works for more people than just me.

Hope I've helped someone into a Lucid Dream.

Namaste

Goldkoron

Re: MDILD: McDonald's Induced LD

Postby Goldkoron » 09 Feb 2014 06:09

This seems interesting. I really would love to live life dangerously. But unfortunately, the nearest McDonalds is 40 minutes away from my town. =/

A reason this could work, is that its basically an advanced WBTB. You are getting up, eating an energizing meal, then returning to bed. Maybe that energy you have produced from consuming the breakfast is what enhances your REM cycle.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Feb 2014 16:10

It could be the cocktail of chemicals the corporation has put in their products to control our minds, and trick our brains into believing the food-like substances are 'delicious' and fool us into craving more. One of the side effects with their mind-altering plan conspiracy is inducing altered states of consciousness and stronger hallucinations.

(I'm being sarcastic, but i'm lovn' it. :D )
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 10 Feb 2014 03:50

HAHA! I honestly do not think you are far from the truth, Haggart! The "sausage" they use is something like less than 10% meat!

Gold, it definitely is an advanced WBTB, but I would argue the opposite of this being an energizing meal...I get crazy groggy, sedated-esque so to speak :) , which aids in knocking me consciously unconscious. But I definitely think there is a link between the food and lucidity, whether that be through enhancing my REM or by the mind controlling chemicals that keep me happy with my indentured servitude.

The weird part is, I've eaten McDonald's and taken a nap enough times to realize a pattern...I hope my heart can hold out past 40!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Feb 2014 03:08

At least you'll die happy because you will have lived, my son! Thank you for giving me the perfect excuse to gormandise myself at McD's! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Feb 2014 04:10

I looked up "food induced coma" and found this on wikipedia: Postprandial somnolence

We all know how it feels to be drowsy after a heavy meal. Many argue it's the tryptophan in turkey that puts people to sleep after Thanksgiving, but others say it's the fact that we have full bellies that does it and the tryptophan is negligible. (Pokes a hole in the Seinfeld theory... if you've seen that episode :D )

I don't doubt that the McDILD is an effective technique. Whether it's the psychotropic chemicals they use or the fact that it's a heavy meal that sticks to your McRibs is the only question. But if it works, it works!
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 12 Feb 2014 04:55

Haha and live I shall!

Those psychotropic chemicals worked again yesterday (Monday). Again, I took a late morning nap, and had been waiting for that nap all weekend (had a LD experiment/challenge with Jackson http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14429), and it worked beautifully. Two sausage McFoodComas, three hashbrowns, and a delicious Dr. Pepper to wash it all down. Either way, when I get a chance for a late morning nap, it is definitely a part of my LD ritual (at least until I'm proficient enough to not be dependent :) )

If you guys (or possibly girls) end up trying it, lemme know your results.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”