Moldavite stones for dreaming

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
dreamworld777

Re: Moldavite stones for dreaming

Postby dreamworld777 » 09 Sep 2014 01:10

Well now..what's one mans trash is another mans treasure ;)
I understand not everyone believes that stones and crystals have a certain 'energy'...but I think it's fair to say that everyone,as an individual,has their own set of beliefs about many different things..and that's understandable,but at least keep opinions respectable and be open minded enough to know that what works for one doesn't always work for another.

There are plenty of people out there who have many experiences with crystals..just as you have experiences with lucid dreaming that others cannot seem to have...doesn't mean that because they cannot achieve lucid dreaming that they should toss the idea in the trash along with your experiences that you know you have had.I believe that different experiences come to all of us but in different ways.Some people are more susceptible to certain things than others.

Crystals are from the Earth...they're not just a man made stone.

I hope to hear more experiences from others.... :D

Shakaza

Postby Shakaza » 09 Sep 2014 18:35

Okay, if you believe in the "energy" in these stones, then prove it exists. Remember, energy is the ability to do work, and what you describe could certainly be described as that, though no energy scientists know of can do what you say these crystal thingies can. How is the energy transferred? What causes this energy to do work in such strange ways? How can it even cause it? And, surely, any energy transference between the moldavite and human would be able to be detected with electronic equipment.

I apologize, but I will remain skeptical of this moldavite unless you can present actual evidence that it truly does stuff. No, I don't mean personal experiences. Those are tainted by the subjectivity of human nature, and the placebo effect is well-documented.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Inedible

Postby Inedible » 09 Sep 2014 19:43

Evidence based "I'll believe it when I see it" reproducible effects are great for working with scientific inquiry and ordinary objects. Even really big objects fit into this category, like trucks, clouds, planets, stars, and galaxies. The problem here is that with meditation, hypnosis, prayer, and even things like lucid dreaming is that you have to believe to some extent first before you will see. There are a lot of people out there who aren't ready for the idea that they can be in a dream still and know it without immediately waking themselves up. They believe it is only possible to recognize a dream after it is over, and see very little value in remembering their dreams because everyone knows that dreams are just the brain's way to process garbage from daily life anyway. Not that they often do remember their dreams.

It used to be that I thought stones were completely useless. Then I noticed that I had my favorite stones my whole life. It wasn't that I liked all amethyst or all quartz, or all hematite as examples - but there were certain pieces of them that I didn't want to give up. And I was only reading about them as minerals, with physical properties.

Moldavite is supposed to work like quartz, as a general amplifier, but it is supposed to be much more powerful. I would imagine that it can help increase a person's intention to have more lucid dreams.

And I really do wish that "energy" could be measured and the way it moves could be monitored. Until something like this can be measured and studied, it remains like static electricity. It isn't very useful. Sure, from time to time a person can learn to do something curious with it, but it is hard to do it consistently because the conditions have to be just so and it is hard to say what the real requirements even are. All we can do is to try to replicate the conditions that were present when something happened. I think that's where we get ideas like that it is better for lucid dreaming and out-of-body experiences to have the head of the bed pointing north. A study in India - the source wasn't given where I read about it - suggested that in a hospital, having the beds with the head of the bed facing south improved patient recovery from surgery. Anyway, energy. I would love to see it measured and studied so it can be used the way static electricity led to wires, direct current, alternating current, appliances, lights, cars, computers, and the internet.

Shakaza

Postby Shakaza » 09 Sep 2014 23:42

Even things such as lucid dreaming and hypnosis can be proven to exist. There are machines that monitor brain waves, and, as such, you can monitor changes when a person enters a different state.

What we have here with these moldavite stones is something that cannot be easily be proven to exist. I don't feel it's likely that they contain an energy so mysterious and elusive that we cannot detect it with the technology we have now. Of course, it COULD very well be possible, and I'll eat my words if that is proven, but even then, we wouldn't know if said energy affects people, or even how it does so. It just doesn't make sense to me that it would react specifically to humans and change the way we think and influence our lives. It isn't even ALIVE.

But, go ahead, believe what you want. I just feel my input is necessary in these types of situations to present a different side of the issue. I never feel it's right when a thread on a forum is completely one-sided and there's no one to argue against or with a topic. We are here to discuss, to learn, and there may be children who aren't sure what's real and what's not, and they may end up being conned out of hard-earned money for a worthless stone. If it really does stuff, then that's fine, but if it doesn't, I hate to have people spend money on stupid junk.

Inedible

Postby Inedible » 10 Sep 2014 01:31

The trouble with presenting all sides in a thing like this is that it doesn't take a lot of doubts to turn a nice piece of moldavite into a worthless rock. When I was around nine or ten years old, I was having lucid dreams on demand and doing WILDs - until I got into an argument with my dad that these things weren't possible. It was something I was actually experiencing and I still lost. It wasn't until I was in college before I had another lucid dream and I had to work at it. A nice moldavite in a silver pendant setting could easily cost about thirty to forty dollars - and I have no idea how to prove it does anything.

Shakaza

Postby Shakaza » 10 Sep 2014 02:19

Eh, I suppose different people react in different ways to controversy. Myself, if I ever have any doubts about something, I do everything in my power to determine the truth. If my dad told me something like what yours did, I would have scoured the world, and the Internet, of course, to either prove him wrong or to come to a conclusion that we could both accept. I was always this way, but I suppose my personality type is somewhat rare, and not everyone would take the same course of action.

So, I must agree with you there; presenting multiple sides of an argument can certainly prove deleterious in certain situations, but I imagine that the benefits outweigh the costs. But, that's only my opinion. I don't have the initiative or the time right now to prove whether that's true or not, so you may believe what you will.

Inedible

Postby Inedible » 10 Sep 2014 02:36

Back in 1984 to 1985 or so the internet wasn't what it is now. All I had was my local public library and I spent as much time as I could there.

My point was that I didn't lose based on facts. Basically I lost because I started to doubt myself.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 10 Sep 2014 08:32

I just find it hilarious that you are still debating about worthless pieces of rock.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 10 Sep 2014 15:45

Sighhh...I find it hilarious that you are turning this post into a debate LucidityMaster.
If you noticed,the post was asking people to share any experiences that they have had with this stone or any crystals NOT "let's debate if peoples experiences are true or false"....it's not for me OR for you to say if what someone claims to experience is true or not because THEY are the ones who have the experience,not you.
If you have no experiences with this stone or do not believe in crystal energy than why are you even choosing to respond to this post??? This is clearly not something you are into.
At the same time,that doesn't give you the right to discredit peoples experiences and demand proof of what they say because no one here has volunteered to make you a believer in something you have no belief in.
You claim to be a "lucidity master" and have the "secret" to lucid dreaming in one night,according to your post on this site :roll: ...ok,do I feel the need to make you prove that?? No,not at all because not only do I not care but only you can vouch for your experiences.
If you are not among the people who do hold a belief in crystal energy that's good for you,I have no desire to change that,to each his own.This thread would be for those who do.
Every post will not pertain to you personally,nor does everyone who posts on here want to debate their beliefs with you...sorry.Thanks for your opinion though...but as I said earlier,this post is for others to share their experiences with crystals and lucid dreaming,something that you clearly do not have.Commenting against others beliefs will only cause arguments so please,take your debate elsewhere.I'm not here to make you a believer,just looking to hear about others experiences.Clearly you've misunderstood. :D

Shakaza

Postby Shakaza » 10 Sep 2014 18:16

dreamworld777, the problem I have with this topic, as well as LucidityMaster and Summerlander, I think, is that you present the moldavite stones as objects which have already been proven to have strange effects on human beings who wear them or have them around, when in reality, it only appears to be something based entirely on personal belief, which, as Summerlander pointed out, could affect us due to the placebo effect. I wouldn't even care about this topic if you gave a reason why you believe in powers that these stones have. I believe people are perfectly entitled to whatever beliefs they want, so long as they have a reason for doing so. For example, I believe in God not because I am convicted of His existence through faith, but because it is personally convenient for me to do so, because I am afraid of nothingness after death, and Heaven would give me a choice in the matter.

Furthermore, it felt to me like you were asking only for the experiences of people who already believed in the powers of this moldavite stuff, and not including people who bought them and had NOTHING happen to them. If that were the case, this topic would be one-sided and completely useless for the purposes of a forum. Forums encourage debate from several parties at once to introduce more sides to an issue so that, even in such a strange matter, people can glean truth from it and adjust their beliefs accordingly to create a system through which they can live their lives.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”