Oneirics: a new EILD project on kickstarter

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Bogatyr

Oneirics: a new EILD project on kickstarter

Postby Bogatyr » 24 Sep 2014 15:52

There's a new lucid dreaming device project on kickstarter that looks really promising, much much more than the ones that have come before. I wished this one had come out first so that it could get the backing it deserves compared to all the money given to projects like remee which didn't even have REM detection. I'm not sure if links are allowed here so I won't put one in, but just google "kickstarter oneirics" which will give you the right link.

Oneirics has a lot that's really exciting, including the combination of a wristband and a mask and software running on the smartphone, REM detection from eye tracking and accelerometers, two-way communication (from your dreaming self to the device to signal you're dreaming with eye movements, so you could e.g., update your facebook status that you're having a lucid dream while you're in the dream!), day-time training via the wristband (so the daytime "check your state" signal becomes your night-time in-REM-sleep signal as well, this seems to be a really powerful technique that nobody else is doing).

I'm really excited about this product so I'm encouraging everyone to back it. I've backed it and I want it to become reality!

Goldkoron

Re: Oneirics: a new EILD project on kickstarter

Postby Goldkoron » 24 Sep 2014 16:46

I'm a backer of the Aurora project, which is shipping in November, it is almost same thing as this but without the wristband. Gotta hope the new EEG headbands will help at all in lucid dreaming.
Do a reality check

Bogatyr

Postby Bogatyr » 24 Sep 2014 19:45

I'm going to get the Aurora as well since it is coming out first (I hope!). The problem with Aurora for me is that it is not a mask (it's a headband), and I need a mask to sleep well. Wearing a mask simultaneously with the Aurora band would block the light signals, unless Aurora is going to come up with some "drop down shades" or something eventually but the first product won't have that I bet.

Aurora also doesn't have 2-way communication (notifying facebook that you're dreaming is just a toy usage of this, imagine: lucid dreamer to lucid dreamer live communication via sound files playing from your smart phone triggered by eye movement patterns...). But it has real REM detection, so it's the first new device to have that, and I'm excited to try it.

I really want Oneirics to get funded because there are so many advantages of the system. Yes the wristband is one, but also the adaptive detection and signalling algorithms, and the fact that you'll be able to (via an SDK app) program your own notification algorithms and so forth (if you really want to get detailed about it).

Anyway, an exciting time for lucid dreamers! I also hope the ND2 comes out some day, I just like dream tech I think it's cool, and want to get lucid a bunch more than I do now.

Archvenom

Postby Archvenom » 02 Oct 2014 10:13

Yeah this looks very interesting. I'm tempted to back it as well since I have no idea when the ND2 will finally be released. Backing was $30k of the $100k target when I last checked, perhaps the Remee has put people off these kinds of devices? In any case I too hope it gets to the $100k target!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”