Galantamine Half-Life (Read if you use!)

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.

Galantamine Half-Life (Read if you use!)

Postby MikeCirka » 29 Jun 2012 20:02

So, reading around the LD Aid forum, I saw a lot of people talking about losing effectiveness from taking Galantamine. While I've never used it (or heard of it before now, actually), I thought I'd look it up. Found this little bit of info on Wikipedia, which may help those who are taking it prevent building a tolerance:

"It should also be noted that, due to a long half-life, galantamine will stay in the body for a period of up to and over 48 hours. As such, it is advisable to space out the use of galantamine over a period of three days so that the body does not build a resistance to the drug, ruining its effectiveness."

~ Quote directly from the Wikipedia article on Galantamine (

Hope this helps those taking Galantamine keep the effect working for them!

Re: Galantamine Half-Life (Read if you use!)

Postby entropy13 » 07 Feb 2014 00:49

This is true. If you take it too often you will build up a tolerance and become desensitized to its effects. If you want to take an extra step to make sure you don't build up a tolerance, you can take an 800mg dose of piracetam immediately after waking up from a night of galantamine use. It will bring the levels in your brain back to normal within 30 hours. So hypothetically, you could take galantamine more often with this method. Piracetam is also an over the counter nootropic for those of you who might be interested:)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”