Detect REM phase with Xiaomi Mi Band

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
OnironautaLP_

Detect REM phase with Xiaomi Mi Band

Postby OnironautaLP_ » 22 Jun 2016 11:45

Hi all, it's my first post in this forum and I'm not very confident about writing this, but well, there it goes :D

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm a 20 year old boy that lives in Spain, and, at the moment, I'm studying computer engineering. I took an interest about lucid dreams three weeks ago, when I had a very realistic dream. Since then I've, been reading and learning about this topic.

In my opinion, the difficulty of having lucid dreams is that when you fall asleep and start dreaming, not to be able to remember that you wanted to be lucid. That's because we don't dream as soon as we fall asleep, we start doing it some time later.
I've been wearing the Mi Band of Xiaomi Since last year and it detects pretty well the sleeping cycle. (If you don't know about it any info here: (Sorry I can't use URLs T.T) http://www.wareable.com/xiaomi/mi-band-tips-tricks-guide-fitness-tracker-1379) here dome examples of the official app:

The dark part represents the REM phase:

In this case I woke up at 8 AM to check if I could dream with WILD method, and was really successful. the orange path represents that you were awakened.

So, if it's possible to know when you are in REM phase, we could become lucid with the aid of an external signal. I know that there are some devices that use light to send that signal, but I'm interested in sound.

I'm developing an application for android that pretends to send you a signal with the help of this band, at the right moment. So we could hear that signal and know that we are sleeping

I'm writing this post for two reasons: First of all I want to know if you have been able to hear some sound while dreaming and become lucid. In more than once I dreamed that I was ringing a doorbell, while actually my alarm clock was ringing :lol: .
Also, I need people to help me testing the app, when I manage to finish it, because I only can sleep once a day :P .
Thank you all for reading this, I'm really anxious to read your answers :D sorry for all the mistakes, I don't usually use English so it's quite hard for me. Have a nice Day, but a better Night.

OnironautaLP

MonZon

Re: Detect REM phase with Xiaomi Mi Band

Postby MonZon » 16 Jul 2016 13:02

Hey! Great to find someone else thinking alike.

Using MiBand Tools app I've managed to record my heart rate (every 10 minutes at the moment) and compiled this graph, which looks very promising...

15-16jul.jpg
15-16jul.jpg (45.79 KiB) Viewed 2350 times

OnironautaLP_

Postby OnironautaLP_ » 26 Jul 2016 15:09

Wow I didn't know that MiBand was able to record pulse, I'll take a look.

Venryx

Postby Venryx » 09 Jan 2017 20:14

Yes, I've been trying an experiment with having my Android tablet use text-to-speech to say various phrases while asleep, and 30% of the time or so I hear the audio within my dreams. You can see the thread on the experiment here: http://www.dreamviews.com/induction-techniques/162492-using-random-number-generation-catch-false-awakenings.html

Combining rem-detection with such a system would probably be ideal. Hope you get good results with the Mi Headband for that purpose.

luciding

Postby luciding » 26 May 2017 06:56

The hand bands are not going to work well to determine the sleep phases for you anyways.
Try to look on something deeper. Something you can wear on your head. You know.
EEG is the only way to measure your dream phases, so get attention to it!
Neuromodulation for Lucid Dreaming –
stop looking at your hands and join the Revolution!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/luciding/lucidcatcher-real-benefits-from-dreams

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”