REM Dreamer on the way!

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Intrepid

REM Dreamer on the way!

Postby Intrepid » 18 Jul 2012 02:41

I've done quite a bit of research into dreaming devices and the REM Dreamer was very interesting and reasonably priced. My dreams are already extremely detail-oriented, so I shouldn't have a problem recognizing whatever form the flashing LED's take in my dreams. I'll be posting my results as I get (or don't get) them. Can't wait to test it out!

Intrepid

Re: REM Dreamer on the way!

Postby Intrepid » 25 Jul 2012 18:51

Took one week for shipping and arrived today.
Testing will begin tonight! :-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

litos1979

Postby litos1979 » 25 Jul 2012 19:25

Im waiting for my rem-dreamer.

Please tell us how did it work! :)

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 26 Jul 2012 14:02

Well, I must say that I am pleased with my purchase. The instructions were supposed to be in "broken English", according to the many forum posts and threads I looked into regarding the RD...they definitely are not. Perhaps he hired an editor? :)
The LCD screen is very straight-forward and easy to navigate. Adjusting settings is a breeze, and there is a nice "Reality Test" button that allows you to demo your settings as you edit them, along with doubling as a RC feature and delay timer button that allows you to quickly add delay time to REM detection if you wake up during the night and want to fall back asleep without worrying about twitching your eye and seeing red :).
The REM detection itself is very accurate and has a setting of its own that can be tested.
Now, on to my personal sleep test.

I went straight to custom settings after trying out many different ones. I checked and double-checked the adjustments that I'd made and decided that I'd go ahead and test a custom setup instead of one of the presets already programmed in.
I set the delay timer to 2:40 min because I usually wake up from my first dream and it's usually around 2:30 min after I lay down at night.
The LED settings were too bright and the flash sequence was too long and I woke up 3 or 4 times to some pleasant red light invasion lol. I did not have the energy to pull out the board and adjust the settings so I cut my losses and took off the mask to get some solid sleep.
HOWEVER....the delay time that I guessed for myself was perfect. When I looked at the clock after my final wake-up, the time was 1:48am. That means that it detected REM at least 4-5 times in an hour and 15 minutes, as I know that I didn't wake up from at least one dream, in which my mind incorporated the red lights as headlights on a car. I remember wondering why they were red. SO, the RD worked perfectly! It's detection was spot on, I didn't notice the mask or feel uncomfortable, and it didn't barrage me over and over with lights...the 5 minute gap in between a sequence was perfect. Now I just need to find the settings that work for me.
If anyone is interested in my settings just ask and I'll post them. I'm a light sleeper, but I underestimated how light lol. Also, the mask isn't amazingly comfortable, but it's not bad either. I'm used to discomfort of all kinds while sleeping from being Marine infantry, so I may be an exception. However, my girlfriend tried it on and said it was fine, and she's no Marine. :)
I'll keep posting results!

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 29 Jul 2012 03:23

Im still tweaking settings. Only false awakenings so far. I'll post more once I've figured out which settings are best for seeing the flashes within a dream. =)

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 03 Aug 2012 12:30

Cool! Keep us posted

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 07 Aug 2012 16:27

I am still using the REM Dreamer. It's hard to be consistent because I don't usually get the best night's sleep with it on. And that isn't because it wakes me up, but because I am a light sleeper, and when I toss/turn, if I move my eyes the REM dreamer nails me with flashes lol. So instead of just a groggy position shift in the night, I can instead be woken up completely. HOWEVER, I did find the perfect settings for myself with the LED flashes(brightness, length, frequency) and I'm seeing them manifested in my dreams. I actually said to myself in a dream, "wait a minute, this is a dream" and then went right back into the dream non-lucid. I feel that I am making progress for certain... I just have to stick with it and keep rememebering to do Reality Checks. The lights are hard to RC against because they come in so many different forms. (flaming deer, cigarettes, lights on the wings of WW2 fighter planes, car headlights, nuclear bomb blasts)
The biggest sign is that my dream often does a rapid change of scenery or content when the flashes start in order to incorporate them better. I find that to be incredibly interesting :)
I'll keep posting!

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 18 Aug 2012 14:34

I swear that I haven't abandoned this post or my REM dreamer :)
Towards the end of June, and right before I got the Dreamer, I began to suffer from chronic fatigue due to the bed I was sleeping on. After financing a bed that cost several thousand dollars(memory foam and latex) I am experiencing the best sleep and the most comfort I've ever had. It's been less than a week and I'm slowly recovering, and I've opted not to push WILDs or using my Dreamer until I'm going to sleep in a state other than total exhaustion after my day. It shouldn't be much longer before I can experiment again :)

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”