Looking for lucid dreaming apps

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
luciddreamteam

Looking for lucid dreaming apps

Postby luciddreamteam » 04 Sep 2017 00:26

Hey everyone,

I'm an infrequent lucid dreamer, and I've been looking around for some iOS apps that might help -- what apps do you recommend, and what do you like best about them?

I'd been logging my dreams in the morning for a long time using Dreamboard, but lately I've found it easier to just open a note on my phone and jot them down there to reread later just before bed. Are there any dream journals out there with cool features that I'm missing out on?

goldenrose

Re: Looking for lucid dreaming apps

Postby goldenrose » 07 Sep 2017 04:28

I like Lucidity. It's free for both Android and iOS. It's mostly a dream journal, but also provides reality checks: a special chime of your choosing that will remind you to do a reality check. In time, this sound (or vibrate in my case, as I never have my sound on) will become familiar to you, helping you form the habit. The dream journal is pretty great, too; it keeps track of how many dreams you are having and how many LDs you have compared to non-LDs.

There's an even niftier one called Lucid Dreamer. Its main draw seems to be that it is supposed to give you audio cues throughout the night in order to help you become lucid as you sleep, but that doesn't seem to work for me personally. The other features (reality checks even) besides the dream journal are premium only, and I haven't dished out the 7 dollars to try them out, so I can't say much. Its dream journal is, however, quite neat if you find the time to check it out.

Happy dreaming! :)
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”