Board index   FAQ   Search  
Lucid Dreaming BlogLUCID DREAMING BLOG Register  Login
Board index World of Lucid Dreaming Forum Lucid Dream Aids

How to use Binaural Beats

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.

How to use Binaural Beats

Postby maya » 26 Apr 2011 10:37

I've decided to begin experimenting with binaural beats to help me achieve lucitity again.
There are many sites selling binaural beats for lucid dreaming, but not that many resources detailing how to use them. I found this article helpful.

http://brain-frequency-and-binaural-beats.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-use-lucid-dreaming-binaural.html

Even after reading this article, i'm still confused about which frequency is best to play at which time.
I read that the Theta frequency is best for lucid dreaming, but what confuses me is that i have a binaural mp3 sitting in my list called DeltaDreams.. ??

Anyone care to enlighten me on propper use of binaural beats and which types?
maya

The easiest way to learn dream control

Re: How to use Binaural Beats

Postby Rebecca » 27 Apr 2011 01:47

That article refers to Binaural Beats by Unexplainable Store and this is the same technology I have been using to induce lucid dreams for the last 6 years or more.

I also recommend their Isochronic Tones version as this is a more advanced version of Binaural Beats, it is said to be easier on the brain to product the frequency following response.

In my review of both I explain some starting points:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-mp3.html

1. Listen early in the morning, after about 5-6 hours of sleep, when you enter much longer REM cycles and your brain is naturally more active during sleep.

2. Wear headphones (essential for Binaural Beats anyway) as this helps submerge you in an inner world, and block out distracting external stimuli like noises outside.

3. Truly relax your body so you fall into a state of meditation easily. This means no fidgeting. Just imagine the sensation of every muscle group going limp or invisible and melting into the mattress.

The MP3s described here go through beta, alpha and theta frequencies. It first matches your waking state then guides it into a relaxed, dreamy state. That's why it's ideal for WILDs. It's also excellent practice for meditation which helps you trigger spontaneous DILDs in later dream sessions.

Delta is a deep sleep. I always understood that we don't - or rarely - dream in delta (non-REM / slow wave sleep). So I am pretty sure this wont help you lucid dream.

Once lucid, your brainwave frequencies become highly active - alpha, beta and even gamma, which is even more alert than you are right now!
Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Ancient » 28 Apr 2011 00:27

I've found isochronic tones to be far more effective than binaural beats.
There's some good sleep and lucid dreaming ones here: http://www.iso-tones.com/tones.html as well as some other fun ones.
Tool
Sleep
Portal
Gojira
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA
Ancient

Postby LynnM » 02 May 2011 22:26

I've heard of these and just downloaded some on my iphone so I'll see how those work. The brain wave tuner has different frequencies for active or sleepy which is cool. I might try it to see if it helps me with my power naps. My cousin swears by them.
LynnM

Postby maya » 12 May 2011 15:58

Rebecca wrote:..Once lucid, your brainwave frequencies become highly active - alpha, beta and even gamma, which is even more alert than you are right now!

wow really? those waves happen while you dream? no wonder it's so easy to wake up from a lucid..
maya

Postby Rebecca » 14 May 2011 04:40

Yep, it was proven by the Neurological Laboratory in Frankfurt, Germany, where scientists recorded a 40 Hz (or GAMMA) range in the frontal and frontolateral areas of the brain during lucid dreams.

While experts have considered lucid dreaming a mixed state of REM dreaming and waking cognition for years, this new EEG evidence led scientists to conclude that it is a new state of consciousness altogether....
Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby maya » 14 May 2011 07:03

:D
maya

Postby rdubya » 28 Jun 2011 17:53

Rebecca wrote:Yep, it was proven by the Neurological Laboratory in Frankfurt, Germany, where scientists recorded a 40 Hz (or GAMMA) range in the frontal and frontolateral areas of the brain during lucid dreams.

Strong meditators have been found to function between 40-70 Hz while awake. Maybe brainwaves are simply a measurement of our brain activity,not necessarily an indication of "state of mind". But perhaps to get our physical selves in different states we naturally lower brain activity to let our subconscious direct us to another state?

Also, I have been using Kelly Howell's Ocean Lucid dreaming subliminal messaging before I go to bed. Seems to be working fairly well. I have only entered a LD once from it, but my dream recall has improved as well as the vivid level of them. If only I dream checked during them i could have turned it into a LD!
rdubya

Postby Devraeve » 01 Mar 2012 06:19

Rebecca -

Do you continue to listen to the isotonic beats throughout the whole process, or do you take your headphones off after a while? Thanks!!
Devraeve

Postby musicpower » 20 Mar 2013 10:44

There are several binaural frequencies: Gamma, Beta, Alpha, Theta, Delta. Every of this frequencies is associated with different human activity.. The main rule that I follow is to use quality and comfortable headphones. You can learn more information at this page :arrow: http://deeaudio.com/binaural-frequency-list-for-relaxation-or-concentration/
musicpower

Next

Return to Lucid Dream Aids