vitamin B6

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
kdariboy

vitamin B6

Postby kdariboy » 16 Sep 2012 20:15

so last night i took 100 mg of b6 and it worked. i had a lucid dream. i heard that if you take too much for a long time there is some disorder that has to do with damage of the nervous system. how often can i take 100 mg a night without it effecting my body?
8 Time Lucid Dreamer, looking to be an every night lucid dreamer

Tom.H

Re: vitamin B6

Postby Tom.H » 03 Oct 2012 20:55

I have heard everything from 100mg to 500 mg daily, but 100 mg daily is definitely safe. And then we are talking about long periods of time :)
The disorders you have heard about is that you can become numb in your arms and legs, however if that would happen then you only need to stop taking it and the symptoms normally disappear after a while. So what I am trying to say is go for it.

Also how long time before bed did you take them? Just curious since I am also using B6 from time to time but I have not really figured out the best time to take them and your attempt with them seems to have been very successful. :)

kdariboy

Postby kdariboy » 03 Oct 2012 21:45

Ive been taking it about 20-30 minutes before bed. How about you?
8 Time Lucid Dreamer, looking to be an every night lucid dreamer

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 03 Oct 2012 22:12

I took B6 one night along with an herb mixture that I use occassionally for detox - milk thistle, dandelion, and licorice. I had a great lucid dream that night. Tried it again last night and nothing. Oh well!

Tom.H

Postby Tom.H » 04 Oct 2012 13:30

kdariboy wrote:Ive been taking it about 20-30 minutes before bed. How about you?

About the same, I usually take a B-complex pill between 30-60 minutes before bed which contains 100mg b6, as well as some other vitamins linked to improved dream recall such as B-12 and choline. Also I often take it together with a cup of Valerian root tea, help me fall asleep faster :)
It has not yet triggered a lucid dream for me, but I have noticed a overall improvement in my dream recall and the vividness of my dreams when I use it, so I guess it works.

beadietux wrote:I took B6 one night along with an herb mixture that I use occassionally for detox - milk thistle, dandelion, and licorice. I had a great lucid dream that night. Tried it again last night and nothing. Oh well!

Yeah I have noticed that as well, often it works great, sometimes not at all.

FantasyMind

Postby FantasyMind » 04 Oct 2012 19:18

I haven't heard of a disorder for it, but I have vitamin B6 tablets and it says in the packaging, 'Long intake of amounts greater than 10mg daily may lead to mild tingling and numbness.' it doesn't seem to harmful :) I've had vitamin B6 for 2-3 weeks now and I haven't experienced any mild tingling or numbness...

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Are you dreaming?

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”