Major lucid dreaming success last night!! 1 hour+

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.

Major lucid dreaming success last night!! 1 hour+

Postby lexiilove » 08 Dec 2012 17:11

So first time trying any dreaming aids and last night i had AMAZING success. I had the longest, most vivid, exciting lucid dreams i've ever had last night! Very reassuring because I hadn't lucid dreamed in about a week. The part that excited me the most was when I accidentally woke up from the dream, i fell back asleep about 20 minutes later and went into what seemed an even longer and more clearer lucid dream. I was able to explore a lot more than in any of my other lucid dreams, which i seemed to always wake up pretty early into it.

So before I went to bed I took:

1 50mg Vitamin b6
2 60mg Ginko biloba

My first lucid dream occurred within my 5 hours of sleep. I also had many non lucid dreams that were probably the most vivid i've ever had! When i awoke after this, i took:

1 300mg Choline cap

which i've heard you should take around after 4-6 hrs of sleep. The lucid dream seemed so long! I slept for 5 hours during this period after i took the choline. It seemed like hours inside the dream world, and i went through at least 3 or 4 different dream scenes/adventures. Along with writing down my dreams, this is a perfect way for me to lucid dream:)

Re: Major lucid dreaming success last night!! 1 hour+

Postby HAGART » 10 Dec 2012 01:26

One thing I know about my mind and I bet others as well....
IT GET'S ACCUSTOMED TO CHEMICALS. Like any other drug my mind has met and I inroduced.

I wonder if you keep it up, they will lose their potency over time. And then you will think they are the ONLY way to lucid dream and will lose the ability to do it naturally.

Sounds like a fun experience, but I don't think it will work all the time and eventually you will get accustomed to it. That is what I think. But there are no physical side effects, I just worry it will ruin your ability to lucid dream naturally for a while. Maybe I'm wrong...

I wouldn't mind experimenting with that but I believe I would wind up getting to accustomed to them and then they will have no effect.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Postby Peter » 10 Dec 2012 04:23

I use Choline at the most weekly and sometimes as far apart as 3 weeks and it has kept working so no issuess for me on that sort of a timeframe. I do use is with Glantinmine as well, but must say that I have had long lucids without anything 100's of times and also had very long lucids using coffee with WBTB.

I agree that its not wise to use these as a crutch or to get obsessive about the need to be luicid either
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 17 Jan 2013 23:37

Fantastic results, thanks for sharing!

Dream herbs and supplements certainly have their place, when used sporadically. They demonstrate what the dreaming mind is capable of and motivate us to keep exploring lucidly. They can also help us overcome those frustrating dry spells. If you find a combination that works well for you, stick with it. 8-)

Postby Summerlander » 18 Jan 2013 00:06

I'm writing a book about lucid dreaming and although I am very pleased with how far I've got in my practice, I am willing to experiment with chemicals and make observations. I want to know if they will make a noticeable difference. I'm curious as to how they will pan out in my organism. Will they be as effective as eating cheese before bedtime in boosting vivid dreaming (which increases the likelihood of consciousness) or am I looking at something far more powerful? What do you think about me taking a galantamine/choline combination supplement such as Lucid Dreamer, Rebecca?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”