Best dream journal?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Dreamsphere

Re: Best dream journal?

Postby Dreamsphere » 16 May 2011 15:59

That's cool, Mike, ill give it a shot. A DJ helps loads with recall! Since starting one, i have been able to remember parts of three different dreams! And one was in pretty good detail. I have much hope for the future!
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

dagomez99

Postby dagomez99 » 27 May 2011 04:39

I use my iPod.
Before going to sleep, I turn the brightness all way down, so that when i wake up in the middle of the night it doesn't "burn" my eyes. Then when i wake up, and write down all the details possible, and in the morning, after getting up and taking a shower, i just transcribe it to paper (little notebook). I found this great, because i keep my iPod close to me and don't have to get up, or turn on the lights to write it, this way, i can just go back to sleep.

Caspi

Postby Caspi » 28 May 2011 19:25

I use my a program on my IPhone, it's called dream journal, I think it's the perfect journal for me.
My first LD was I think when I was a child, about 11 years old, i was in a strange mountain, full of small black rocks, I knew that it was a dream, so i rolled over and over to the end of it :P.

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 29 May 2011 04:49

I've been using a hardcovered notebook i used in first year Engineering to do a project with. In it is loads of reaserch, sketches, etc. Of high tensile cables. I use this, because if anyone discovered it, they would flip through a few pages, say "complicated engineering stuff, no fun" and then put it down!
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

mikeflat

Postby mikeflat » 01 Sep 2011 09:17

although the Pen and Paper is the best option for writing your dreams, but in today's world of technology i have my iPhone for that purpose. I can save my dreams and can make a note of it every day. And also can assign a tone for my notes so as to take a regular look for the same. Thanks to my iPhone for it's utilities.
For he useful tasks you can download our "iPhone Shame Alarm App" for early wake up and connect to the social networks simultaneously. It's sure to be a useful and interesting app for you guys.
iPhone Shame Alarm App

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 31 Dec 2011 20:45

I've been using dreamjournal.net for many many years. When I first wake up I jot down key words. I don't have time to write them all out when I get up. I have to be at work within an hour, so when I get back I do a detailed report. I think the main advantage to dreamjournal.net is over the traditional pen and paper journal is the search engine. I've recorded over 2000 dreams since I started, and the search feature is extremely valuable to me when I want to find all dreams with a certain key word in it. Like I wanted to see if I had any past dreams with a windmill, and found it right away. It would have taken possibly hours to find it in a traditional pen and ink journal, with that many dreams. The same site allows me to check if a dream is lucid, so I can search ONLY lucid dreams if I feel like using the search with filters. I can also use the search to find other people dreaming about the same things on the same day if I like. It's pretty cool. I would recommend it.

Mayazcherquoi

Postby Mayazcherquoi » 21 Jan 2012 14:57

1Mike wrote:Wow, thanks Wolvendeer! I will definitely be going with Liquid Dream. Can't believe I didn't find it in my searches!

It had an exercise in it where you have to think about everything you did during the day backwards as you are falling asleep. Like watching a movie in fast rewind mode. I did that last night and had the longest most detailed dream of my life! Give that a try Dreamsphere.

Liquid Dream (or Lightened Dream as it now is called) as it now isn't quite that feature-rich (well, it is, however it poorly implements each feature) and I've submitted a few bugs to the developer to improve the program where I found faults. Nonetheless, it is a great program just for keeping a dream journal. :)

What I end up doing is just keeping a notebook and a clicked-pen next to my bed, and whenever I wake up, I write down everything I can remember in the dream in bullet form. Then, a couple of hours later in the day, I transcribe what I wrote down in that notebook into Lightened Dream with great difficulty (handwriting in the morning isn't that great!). This also allows me to further force my brain to remember my dream(s) as-well as keeping similar (if not the same) vividness as when I just woke up - losing nothing. :)

DreamSailing

Postby DreamSailing » 11 Mar 2012 19:25

i turn internet completely turned off every night so when i get up the internet is off so i can jump right on the computer and start typing without the temptation to go surfing the net lol (which is my impulse as soon as the internet is turned on)

i really have a problem with handwriting, it makes my hands feel weird and keeping a dream journal that way is kinda out of the question. i have been planning on trying to keep a written journal though, but haven't gotten around to it yet. also i crack my knuckles a LOT and it makes it hard to write because when i try to write i feel like i need to crack them, its very distracting, but i dont get this as much when typing.

i use Efficient PIM (personal information manager), well you don't need the program with all the stuff if all you want is a journal you could use Efficient Diary. its also good if you don't want people snooping around and reading what you dream about because its password protected (with Efficient PIM, a password is optional) i write other stuff there as well.

i might check out some of the other recommendations though
Reality is a lovely place, but i wouldn't want to live there
~Owl City, in the song The Real World

hartworks

Postby hartworks » 06 Apr 2012 03:58

I use a paper notebook which has a hard cover, with a pen. I also keep a tiny notebook in the bathroom, which has a nightlight, and if I want to scribble something in the middle of the night, I use it without disturbing my husband's sleep.

But I just poked around Amazon and found a variety of pens that have lights on them. I ordered one called the Pilot's Pen as it had really good reviews. So it should come in handy.

I wouldn't mind have an ipad or something similar for writing dreams in the morning!
Zana

SydTheCat

Postby SydTheCat » 15 Apr 2012 00:10

I have my Ipad on my bedside, and I use an app called Note Taker. It's a handwriting note taker, that works perfect for a dream Journal....and I save a tree for not using paper.
Some times, when I wake up and I don't want to wake up fully, I will use the audio recorder on my phone, and speak out the dream. Then I'll jot it down later on when I wake up.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”