Can't keep dream mask on during the night

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
chrisnos

Can't keep dream mask on during the night

Postby chrisnos » 15 Mar 2013 16:06

I've had a REM Dreamer (variation on NovaDreamer) for about 6 nights now, and physically I feel no discomfort sleeping with a mask on; I barely even feel it after having it on for a few minutes (like sunglasses), but for some reason I keep taking it off in the middle of the night with no memory of doing so.

Last night I even set up my camera and kept it recording throughout the whole night on NightShot so I could see what was happening, and I am actually taking it off slowly and intentionally (in the video it appears as if I'm actually awake, but my eyes are closed), and I have no memory of every waking up consciously and doing this any of these times.

I woke up once during the night and put it back on, and this happened to me twice last night. The ONE time I was able to keep it on it worked fantastically, but I was hoping someone may have had a similar experience, or could provide suggestions.

Thanks so much. Any help is appreciated! :)

Ryan

Re: Can't keep dream mask on during the night

Postby Ryan » 16 Mar 2013 23:47

One could say you were dreaming while physically active. ;)

It is what it is really... you're going to do whatever you do while sleeping. Either duct tape it to your head or don't worry about what happens WHILE you're sleeping. lol
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 18 Mar 2013 05:59

Ryan wrote:One could say you were dreaming while physically active. ;)

It is what it is really... you're going to do whatever you do while sleeping. Either duct tape it to your head or don't worry about what happens WHILE you're sleeping. lol

How it is possible,
www.meryem.com

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 18 Mar 2013 06:56

oliverclay wrote:
Ryan wrote:One could say you were dreaming while physically active. ;)

How it is possible,

In our dreams there are many things we do.
A state called sleep paralysis prevents us from doing the things that we do in our dreams physically.
You must have heard of sleep walking, in this type of case the sleep paralysis do not work on the people for some time and they wake up and walk in reality and may do other kinds of things which they do not remember after waking up.

your case maybe is just like that, you wake up and remove the mask without you knowing because you really did not wake up, you were just sleeping and dreaming.
That's maybe what Ryan meant by saying,'One could say you were dreaming while physically active'.
Do a reality check

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 19 Mar 2013 04:35

oliverclay wrote:How it is possible,

When I lived at my parents house, I used to wake up every single morning with my lamp turned on. I *KNEW* for a fact that I turned it off each night, yet when I woke up... there it was, ON.

I never did film myself or anything while sleeping, although I'm sure *I* was the one doing it. I just didn't want to watch something and NOT see my hand turning it on. ROFL
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”