Board index   FAQ   Search  
Lucid Dreaming BlogLUCID DREAMING BLOG Register  Login
Board index World of Lucid Dreaming Forum Lucid Dream Aids

Anyone Use Calea Zacatechichi?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.

Anyone Use Calea Zacatechichi?

Postby Rebecca » 26 Apr 2011 07:11

I'd love to hear about other people's Calea Z (dream herb) experiences.

I've have pretty wild and meaningful dreams on this, including lucid and non-lucid dreams.

How to take it: buy the dry leaf extract online - Arena Ethnobotanicals have it:
http://www.arenaethnobotanicals.com/product_info.php?ref=344&products_id=159&affiliate_banner_id=1

Pack it into empty gel capsules to make ~250mg pills and start with 1 capsule on your first night, increasing to 2 or 3 if needed. (You can get empty capsules from Amazon online, local pharmacies, etc.)

A little experimentation will help you find your ideal dosage which will depend on your body size, metabolism, tolerance and so on. I found 1 was enough to get me going. When you find your dosage you can experience some pretty wonderful dreams that can generate intense self-awareness while dreaming.
Rebecca
Site Admin

The easiest way to learn dream control

Re: Anyone Use Calea Zacatechichi?

Postby jake » 27 Apr 2011 00:13

Ive been studying calea zacatechichi for a while and really want to try it, but i havnt heard any thing about side effects. Are there any long term side effects to using calea z.
jake

Postby Mr anonymous » 27 Apr 2011 09:43

Yeah are there any side affects? Me and my friend were looking at getting some but are a little wary of what affect it might have
Mr anonymous

Postby Rebecca » 30 Apr 2011 02:44

I've noticed no side effects although of course do your own research when it comes to putting substances into your body. It's nothing compared to the sometimes horrendous side effects of alcohol or marijuana - dehydration, vomiting, mood swings, memory loss, all that lovely stuff. Calea Z is very weak in comparison.

I occasionally take a capsule after a few hours' sleep and have much more vivid and epic dreams. But I don't recommend you take it every night - just when you feel you want to play around a bit with your dreamworld, to increase the intensity and your recall in the morning. Note that Calea Z is legal in most countries around the world although I do believe it's illegal in the state of Louisiana for some strange reason. Perhaps someone can explain that to me!
Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby jake » 06 May 2011 22:15

The calea z plant was band in the state of louisiana because it was only one drug in a bill that band many different substances so it has nothing to do with the calea z itself :D
jake

Postby Gen » 07 May 2011 14:01

I bought some dried leaf from shamans garden, so far no results from drinking the tea, though I read that you're meant to have a smoke along with the tea which I haven't tried yet. My partner had a really long mundane but vivid dream from just the tea alone. I think I need to experiment a bit more with the amounts.. Planning on buying a live plant later this year, to try a bit more with it..

Rebecca, do you know what the amount in your capsules is? Is it straight leaf, or is it extract of some part of the plant?
Gen

Postby Rebecca » 16 May 2011 12:12

Hi Gen, I've run out so I can't check the packet, but they used to be sold in 250mg gel capsules, and you can take 1 or 2 (I've had amazing dreams with just 1, Pete always takes 2 but then again he is a lot bigger than me!)

I've written up a little information on smoking / drinking Calea Z and of course the capsules which I think are the easiest way to take it.

Calea Zacatechichi - The Dream Herb Review
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/calea-zacatechichi.html

Perhaps you could try taking your dose after a few hours sleep? I reckon it might have worn off by the time you enter REM sleep, which is why the effect isn't noticeable.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby MaKr2011 » 16 Jul 2011 16:29

Hi,
I tried Calea Z now and here is my "trip report"...:)
Tuesday I set the alarm clock at 05:30 am but woke up already at 4:30 am and then nervously took 1 capsule (from IamShaman Shop). I know you recommend two - so do they but I wanted to try first cause I am an allergic person so wanted to play it safe.

As I have previously posted in this forum, I am not a lucid dreamer but an OBE:er (have had quite a few during the last year) but have struggled lately to have these experiences more frequently. I am really becoming an expert theory-wise but want more practical experiences. The main issue for me is not separating from my body - that I find very easy, but it is the getting into the vibration state I need to learn, which is the key to an OBE.

So, I had a hard time falling back to sleep (snoring husband, dog walking around, hot and humid...) but when I eventually did I woke up 5-6 times in the vibration state and had OBE´s all of the time but they were blurry and I lost consciousness all of the time, woke up in vibration state and out again...

So, next night I did it again, set the alarm clock to 06:30 in order to be more "alert" to hopefully have a more stable OBE but I woke up again before the alarm clock, this time around 05:30 am. Took only one capsule and had one really long OBE but it ended in a blur unfortunately. I had a very strong mission to fly to my friends window - she has put something there for me to see so that we can experiment using OBE as "Remote Viewing". I did see two objects but only after it all went funny and dreamlike, so they were not correct...

So, third and forth night - same procedure but no effect. I will rest now for a few days and try again next week with two capsules at once.

The one thing I notice differs having a "natural" OBE from one kicked off by Calea Z is that after a natural OBE I wake up completely and can recollect every single detail of my OBE, but with Calea Z the OBE ends in a blur and a dream so it´s not as clear afterwards... Perhaps it will be different next attempt with two capsules! I am hoping that Calea Z will make natural OBE´s come more easily.
MaKr2011

Postby Rebecca » 01 Sep 2011 07:36

Wow, thanks for the report!

I have never considered the effect of dream herbs on OBE-type experiences. I am MUCH more familiar with lucid dreams, and the few OBEs I've had are not like what most people describe. I never get that far anyways. I prefer to WILD and go straight into the dream, having no awareness of my real body.

Please post an update when you have one... I would like to do an article on this one day but I will definitely need your help! 8-)
Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby WanderingMind » 09 Sep 2011 16:46

I have used it a few times, but recently I have not used it.

I didn't have anything major happen to me. It's really bitter, and hard to get down. I tried making tea with it by adding things to sweeten it a bit, but it's just hard to work with.

One time something interesting did happen though. I use some binaurals and isochronics before bed, but I decided that because I'm not big on smoking that I would just burn it like incense. I did it a little before bed, and then in the middle of the night after a few hours of sleep.

It wasn't that my dream was very vivid, nor was it long, but I had one of the most seamless transitions from thought to dream ever. My thoughts instantly turned into my dream.

I bought some kirkii, so that's my next thing to try.
WanderingMind

Next

Return to Lucid Dream Aids