Does Marijuana help with lucid dreaming?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
LucidJosh

Does Marijuana help with lucid dreaming?

Postby LucidJosh » 26 Jan 2012 03:35

title splains it, does marijuana help you lucid dream??
"Do as I say, not as I do".

SarahDank

Re: Does Marijuana help with lucid dreaming?

Postby SarahDank » 27 Jan 2012 10:59

It depends on the person.
For me, I was a very strong Lucid dreamer, and then when i started smoking it went down hill.

I Posted today to try and find a way to make my Lucid state stronger again.
I'm having a break from smoking, so I guess I will see if it made it worse for me or if its something completely different.

But yeah, Have a go if you arnt too sure. :)

PS:
My friend told me yesterday that when she started smoking she lost her ability to Lucid dream.

So from what I personally know, I think It makes your chances worse. haha

LucidJosh

Postby LucidJosh » 28 Jan 2012 01:46

did she ever lucid dream again? D:
"Do as I say, not as I do".

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 28 Jan 2012 02:03

Well I did last night.
So it won't stop you from ever LD'ing again. haha

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 02 Feb 2012 05:07

What about if you moderate it? I usually smoke it once a week, that way more tolerance is really low so I have a good time, and its not really enough to make me lazy or less ambitious.

I think if you do it once a week it might help in some way, I would like to hear some other opinions about this.

Some of my friends who smoke a lot cant remember their dreams at all now.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

jet199

Postby jet199 » 02 Feb 2012 12:05

Marijuana supresses all types of dreaming. When people go cold turkey after smoking heavily for years one of the symptoms they get is lots of extremely vivid dreams. It is as if their brain is trying to catch up with all the dreaming that they missed out on.
It only helps with lucid dreaming if you are so wound up that you can’t relax any other way or if you have a bad reaction that sends you into sleep paralysis.
"The real question is not whether there is life after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death" - Osho

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 07 May 2016 14:33

It sure seems to mess it up but there have been certain times where I passed out stoned and did lucid dream. 99% of the time tho it seems to have the opposite effect. I've been very into this topic for some time now. I'd like to figure out how to make this work.

I'm wondering if moderation would work. like not smoking after 4:20 in the evening. or mixing some kind of memory supplement with it. perhaps the strain may have a lot to do with it. maybe a pure sativa in moderation could help?

[size=150]- idea!!- anyone ever notice how a really strong sativa can keep you awake at night? what if you took a hit of some really good pure sativa before bed and then dosed on melatonin. so your mind would be wired and soaring but you would enter sleep? thoughts? someone try this![/size]

someone else here in this thread please collaborate with me on ideas
botanicalguides.com - live love dream - Botanical Guides is a comprehensive guide to oneirogens and other ethnobotanicals a-z.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”