Lucid Dreaming and Religion

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
chilicat

Re: Lucid Dreaming and Religion

Postby chilicat » 04 Jun 2017 17:50

I'm an atheist, but I do believe in souls and reincarnation. I also kinda believe in karma.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Jun 2017 20:28

Kinda believe? I don't believe in any of those things for the same reason I don't believe in God. Zilch evidence. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 06 Jun 2017 03:56

chilicat wrote:I'm an atheist, but I do believe in souls and reincarnation. I also kinda believe in karma.

Im curious, what makes you not believe in God but believe in karma, souls and reincarnation?
Good luck,
Dream on.

Lucije

Postby Lucije » 16 Jul 2017 12:55

There's nothing wrong with dreaming itself. Lucid dream is just a dream in wich you realize that you are dreaming, but it can be sin in some circumstances. If you have lucid dreams just because of fun and curiosity, then it's ok. If you have them to induce OBE, or other New age practises, then it should be avoided.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 16 Jul 2017 15:08

If you have lucid dreams just because of fun and curiosity, then it's ok. If you have them to induce OBE, or other New age practises, then it should be avoided

Who gives you the authority do you make those in my opinion ridiculous and bombastic claims. And what is worse present them as facts.
Each to his own :)

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 17 Jul 2017 00:35

The Bible has many stories regarding people who had a wide variety healings and other paranormal experiences. Some of which may have been lucid dreams or out of body journeys, which were not just "fun", but which were deeply spiritual.

Jesus was said to have had many profound visionary experiences. Readers of the Bible may characterize these unusual reports according to their own beliefs.

I tend to think that the account of Jesus' ascent to heaven after death occurred, not in the literal physical body, but in the "imaginal realm"
dream body.

Robert Monroe, and other authors who write about their out of body experiences, often describe different locales in the after death realm.
These may include -
- A near death or actual death feeling of moving through a tunnel of light or crossing a spiritual river
- Being welcomed by deceased relatives and friends.
- Having a deep encounter with infinite love and the clear white light of wisdom and the essence of awareness.
- A healing, transitional period in a peaceful park-like environment
- Existence of a variety of different spiritual heavens, defined by the deceased religious preferences.
- Abundant opportunities for after death education to help expand consciousness
- A variety of other world realms which may seem very strange to Earthlings
- And many deceased individuals are said the eventually desire to be reincarnated back to Earth existence.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Jul 2017 14:03

How could Robert Monroe describe 'after death realms' when he was ALIVE when he wrote about his experiences? Come on ... :roll:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 21 Jul 2017 04:30

Karma= justice without the satisfaction or witchy belief system.
soul= is a popular music genre that originated in the United States in the late 1950s and early 1960s. It combines elements of African-American
gospel music, rhythm and blues and jazz.
Robert Monroe= Son of Mr. and Mrs. Monroe or Jesus
NDE, OBE, Lucid dream, visions and the like= it's all good in the hood
transitional period= .

Return to “Off-Topic”