Malala and Terrorism

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
LoneDreamer

Re: Malala and Terrorism

Postby LoneDreamer » 24 Nov 2017 20:10

24/7/365 wrote:The WOW of the known is < the WOW of the unknown.
The WOW of the unknown > the WOW of the known.
The WOW of the known and unknown is = the WOW of the unknown and known.

What do you mean?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2017 00:48

We all love mysteries. :o

Consciousness is one of them. But how strong is our desire to crack the code? We still want to know and we won't stop there. Why do we crave knowledge and understanding if we are so quixotic about the unknown? Why do we want satisfactory explanations so badly? Some people wish to perpetuate the mystery of consciousness. Others see its unknown cause as the promise of more discoveries and enlightenment.

To me, the quote implies that the unknown is more wonderful than the known. But this observation depends on who makes it. The scientist is in awe of the unknown whilst excited about the prospect of more work to be done. One can also say that the more you know the richer the experience ...

For instance, azaleas are pleasing to the eye and remain so even when a botanist comes along to tell us about its evolution, toxicity and symbiotic relationship with bees. Now you know more than what it looks like.

Knowledge does not take away from our initial experience of the plant. It adds to it. Now we have its beauty as well as its background. Experience only got more interesting. If you know its chemical composition, you can be in awe of how the molecules come to produce such incandescent structure.

And one might even daresay: The wow of the known is greater than the wow of the unknown. :D

Btw, what the fuck just happened in Egypt? :shock:
Last edited by Summerlander on 25 Nov 2017 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 25 Nov 2017 01:30

well said, Balance in the WOW of the known and unknown.

The clearer the eyes the more amazing it is.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2017 17:17

Definitely. Meanwhile, those opposed to science and prefer the non-explanation that a psychopathic deity is the magical cause of everything, have just caused a noxious ruckus in the Arab world. :roll:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 27 Nov 2017 15:22

Summerlander wrote:Definitely. Meanwhile, those opposed to science and prefer the non-explanation that a psychopathic deity is the magical cause of everything, have just caused a noxious ruckus in the Arab world. :roll:

Now I understand the quote. Also what happened in the Arab world? Are you talking about Pakistan? I heard there's civil unrest going on between the government there and religious Muslims.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Nov 2017 16:01

Not familiar with recent events in Pakistan but I was on about Sufis killed by Islamists in the former United Arab Republic, aka Egypt. What's happened in Pakistan? :shock:

If only all Muslims were more like Malala:
https://youtu.be/A6Pz9V6LzcU

- Padmasambhava

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 02 Dec 2017 12:37

Summerlander wrote:Not familiar with recent events in Pakistan but I was on about Sufis killed by Islamists in the former United Arab Republic, aka Egypt. What's happened in Pakistan? :shock:

If only all Muslims were more like Malala:
https://youtu.be/A6Pz9V6LzcU

So you were talking about Egypt I see. In Pakistan there was a civil unrest in which ahmeddiya Muslims were persecuted. Apparently its capital was taken over by islamist masses. Here are some links.
https://swarajyamag.com/world/in-case-it-wasnt-obvious-islamists-hold-over-pakistan-has-now-grown-even-stronger
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/11/28/pakistani-islamists-call-protests-over-blasphemy-claim-government-backs-down

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 07 Dec 2017 18:01

Also, what are your views regarding Israel?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Dec 2017 01:24

I think the situation can never be resolved religiously. It's so absurd. The best would be a two-state solution in my opinion.

I'd say that, based on 20th century history, Muslims are morally obligated to accommodate Jews seen as they are complicit in the great pogrom that started since the Great War. The western Allies pleaded with Ottomans to remain neutral. But the Ottomans had their own anti-Semitic agenda and so joined forces with Germany and other Eastern Europen fascists. It's their fault that Britain and France smashed their empire.

Islam is an immoral enemy. Its followers committed untold war crimes against humanity. It's a death cult which supports anti-Semitism, misogyny, homophobia and paedophilia. It is evil and we don't want it for mankind. It's devisive and wicked. It's a dangerous totalitarianism because it will ruin things for everyone. Nobody likes the idea of mental manacles.

I hate the regressive Left and pansy antiwar liberals. I also despise 9/11 conspiracy theories and so-called 'truthers'. They are the worst!

Jihadists brought down the WTC period. The US government would never risk a 'Swordfish' conspiracy of the magnitude that some fantasists claim---too many people would be involved and a lot of potential whistleblowers; not to mention experts looking at the footage.

The government wouldn't even need to orchestrate anything in order to have a pretext for war---it is much easier to just let jihadists carry out an attack (but there is no evidence that they let it happen either).

Conspiracy theorists are always yapping. Particularly when a major atrocity happens. They yapped in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor and they yapped after 9/11. :roll:

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”