What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

Ty8200

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ty8200 » 13 Aug 2012 10:26

The statement wasn't directed at anyone specifically, just my two cents.
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Aug 2012 10:27

All good as neither was mine - :D
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

bluefrog75

Postby bluefrog75 » 19 Aug 2012 04:34

I definitely believe in God. He has shown to me many times that he is listening and watching. I have full faith in God and I trust him with my life and always will. I believe everything that Jesus said and did, and ever since I started living for God my life has been so much better and very different in the way I act or understand things. I love God and I love all of God's children! (Meaning everyone. I don't care who you are or what you have done.)

One time I had a dream(non-lucid) that a loved one was taken over by some kind of demon (a dream character told me it was a demon), and I had faith in my dream and expelled the demon through Jesus Christ while I lightly pushed his chest. Afterwards we were both sitting there for a while, and I woke up. It was a strange dream, but the faith I had in the dream was as real as being awake it seemed.

Another time the word GOD was spray painted in blue on a brick wall above me when I woke up in a strange place in my dream. When I looked away and looked back the "O" was gone and it was replaced with a word that I forgot.

My religion has affected my dreams in a pretty weird way hahaha, but I always have really weird dreams so I guess it's just normal for me. XD

Whenever I can master lucid dreaming, I may ask my subconscious representation of Jesus if there is anything I need to change about my life. :D
Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
~Taste

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Aug 2012 15:28

Jack Reacher wrote:In my opinion your general code of ethics is a belief.

The general ethic code is a belief. An official and generally agreed upon belief. A belief nonetheless.

bluefrog75 wrote:One time I had a dream(non-lucid) that a loved one was taken over by some kind of demon (a dream character told me it was a demon), and I had faith in my dream and expelled the demon through Jesus Christ while I lightly pushed his chest. Afterwards we were both sitting there for a while, and I woke up. It was a strange dream, but the faith I had in the dream was as real as being awake it seemed.

Your dreaming mind was playing out your belief system and it did it very well.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

bluefrog75

Postby bluefrog75 » 23 Aug 2012 17:10

Summerlander wrote:Your dreaming mind was playing out your belief system and it did it very well.

You are very right, but it is weird because usually my dreams make no sense at all hahaha
Maybe it came from reading the Bible before bed sometimes XD
Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
~Taste

Dreamer3456

Postby Dreamer3456 » 24 Aug 2012 00:27

bluefrog75 wrote:Whenever I can master lucid dreaming, I may ask my subconscious representation of Jesus if there is anything I need to change about my life. :D

That sounds like a great idea. You should also try to go back in time and follow Jesus and the apostles throughout their journeys. (I will definitely try that sometime.)

blazing

Postby blazing » 25 Aug 2012 21:56

Spirtual

Mr.Lucid

Postby Mr.Lucid » 27 Aug 2012 14:41

I believe there is a divine force behind the Multiverse. I don't believe in one-certain religion. I kind of believe my own religion, which is a mix of Jewish, Catholic, Christian, Wicca and Buddhism. I believe you should be a good person, but if your not you deserve mercy, unless you have stained your hand with blood multiple times. I guess you could say my religion is Diplomacy: I forgive, but I sternly remind.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 08 Oct 2012 13:54

bluefrog75 wrote:I definitely believe in God. He has shown to me many times that he is listening and watching.

Please explain? :|
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 20 Oct 2012 02:17

Mr.Lucid wrote:I believe there is a divine force behind the Multiverse. I don't believe in one-certain religion. I kind of believe my own religion, which is a mix of Jewish, Catholic, Christian, Wicca and Buddhism. I believe you should be a good person, but if your not you deserve mercy, unless you have stained your hand with blood multiple times. I guess you could say my religion is Diplomacy: I forgive, but I sternly remind.

You got my vote :D

Return to “Off-Topic”