What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

R99

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby R99 » 14 Mar 2013 18:40

Summerlander wrote: Superman is still more popular than Gandhi. 8-)

ooooh, lives in fantasy world ey????

i think Batman is more popular than Superman. :lol:
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Mar 2013 20:08

R99 wrote:
Summerlander wrote: Superman is still more popular than Gandhi. 8-)

ooooh, lives in fantasy world ey????

i think Batman is more popular than Superman. :lol:

:mrgreen:

Ryan said:
I have found my own personal truths as to the reason for being. Not *THE* truth... *MY* truth. I happily share my truth with those who want to listen, but I'm under no obligation to prove my truths. And realistically, there's no way for that proof to exist.

"My truth"

Self-centred as always. Belief-centric as ever.

A child that believes in Santa has no obligation to prove his existence either. Santa's existence may be true in the child's mind but it doesn't mean it's the truth. The same goes for unicorns and fairies. :roll:

By the way, Superman - as a fictitious character - and Gandhi - a real one - is irrelevant to the point I was getting across, but, if you want to make it part of the point I can put it to you this way: Gandhi, as a real person, could not be more influential than Superman, a fictitious extraterrestrial from planet Krypton. The truth is that, worldwide, Superman's ways appeared to be more appealing than Gandhi's. :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Mar 2013 21:45

Summerlander wrote: Self-centred as always.

Looks like the pot is calling the kettle black.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 15 Mar 2013 00:03

Summerlander wrote:"My truth"

Self-centred as always. Belief-centric as ever.

Yes, Summerlander. *MY TRUTH*.
You seem to take that statement personally and you also seem to make your statement as some kind of attack... trying to hurt me or something. LoL

Of course it's self-centered (just not in the way you think it is).
And of course it's belief-centric... to anyone who isn't me, that is.

I'm really not going to get into why you're misunderstanding, because I'm certain you wouldn't understand why I do the things I do or say the things I say. You've proven that (and I don't mean this with any ill-intent) you're simply not ready to understand... you're, no doubt, going to take that as a personal insult though.

By the way, Superman - as a fictitious character - and Gandhi - a real one - is irrelevant to the point I was getting across, but, if you want to make it part of the point I can put it to you this way: Gandhi, as a real person, could not be more influential than Superman, a fictitious extraterrestrial from planet Krypton. The truth is that, worldwide, Superman's ways appeared to be more appealing than Gandhi's. :D

It's okay to be influential in different ways.
Last edited by Ryan on 15 Mar 2013 01:58, edited 4 times in total.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 15 Mar 2013 00:48

Here is a great video. I found it very interesting and insightful, and it makes a lot of sense too! I hope others find it the same!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTazBdKuIg4&hd=1
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 15 Mar 2013 01:09

Worldenterer1 wrote:Here is a great video. I found it very interesting and insightful, and it makes a lot of sense too! I hope others find it the same!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTazBdKuIg4&hd=1

I really only had to see the title of the video... lol

YES, violence is definitely sometimes the answer. It's true, some people don't listen to anything but violence, this is a fact that I've known for a very long time. However, it's the Intent behind the violence that's more important at directing that violence than violence itself.

Thank you for posting that! I really do wish more people would realize it too. :)
Especially here in Canada... >.>
Or join my forums!

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Mar 2013 02:50

I know what your saying about intent and such Ryan but itits kinda like...I dunno... No shit?

I still don't really understand what you mean by spiritual and tending towards "Love", it sounds like any normal person who does something they feel is a good thing to do is a spiritual person... why even have the label spiritual at all? What is the difference, thats what im trying to say.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 15 Mar 2013 03:38

Jack Reacher wrote:I know what your saying about intent and such Ryan but itits kinda like...I dunno... No shit?

You'd be surprised how many people have absolutely NO IDEA about Intent.
If you look closely, you'll see some examples of it in this very thread. :)

I still don't really understand what you mean by spiritual and tending towards "Love", it sounds like any normal person who does something they feel is a good thing to do is a spiritual person... why even have the label spiritual at all? What is the difference, thats what im trying to say.

That's the point actually... there is no difference. They're just labels.
Or join my forums!

R99

Postby R99 » 15 Mar 2013 05:34

SPIRITUAL LOVE- THIS KIND OF LOVE HARD TO SEE, COZ IT DONT NEED ANY KIND OF BOUNDARIES OR CONDITIONS, AND IT ALSO CALLED UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. (SIMPLE AS THAT) A MOTHER'S LOVE TOWARDS HER CHILD IS A GREAT EXAMPLE

WEN IT COMES TO "LOVE" TOO MANY VARIATIONS- LOOK AROUND. DONT NEED ANY EXPLANATIONS. JUST ONE EXAMPLE- HE LOVES TO B**G HER. IT DOESNT MEAN HE ACTUALLY LOVES HER. PHYSICAL LOVE CANNOT BE ASSOCIATED BY SPIRITUAL LOVE. WAT U GUYS THINK. IS THIS CLASSIFICATION MAKES SENSE? AM I RIGHT? OR AM JUST GETTING DELUSIONAL?
I see the Truth now.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Mar 2013 05:51

I think you need to lay off the caps.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “Off-Topic”