What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

Je-Je

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Je-Je » 08 Apr 2013 12:39

I belive in Jesus
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2013 13:48

taniaaust1 wrote: I love learning about different religions. They've asked me to bring my bibles out next time. They are going to be shocked when I dump a heap of different types of bibles in front of them :lol: (from the mormons to king james and whatever else I have there.. and then they will be confused further when I show them I have Jesus on my wall... yet dont believe in the bible at all).

I shouldnt use religious people for my own fun but they did set themselves up for that due to intruding on my space by knocking at my door. Is it just me who thinks it is rude to knock on someones house door with the intent of converting a person?

My subconsciousness has started punishing me throu dreams for treating them how I are (having fun with them)... lol I guess some part of me must feel bad for doing that and hence not being completely respectful to them as I are misleading in a way by making out Im interested in their religion in a way I know they dont understand and hence not treating their religion seriously but just turning it into my own fun.

I had a nightmare over it :lol: . In my dream I was having my own fun with them and their religion as I do.. and the child of their religion in my dream knew exactly what I was doing.. so she started to torture me. She stuck long metal clips into my ears.. pushing and pushing them deeper and deeper (how Im kind of pushing them over their religion with my questions)..hurting me (guess I are hurting myself spiritually by doing what I are). In my dream I tried to fight this Jehovah Witnesses child off but was weak so couldnt stop her from punishing me for it.

haha.. if this keeps up Im going to have to cancel my fun bible lessons. sighs.. some of my morals are too high that they dont like me having this kind of fun so hence subconscious sabortage!! :roll:

Some probably would think that such dreams for punishment..come from GOD himself.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 08 Apr 2013 22:30

Je-Je wrote:I belive in Jesus

Why?
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Apr 2013 02:42

Worldenterer1 wrote:
Je-Je wrote:I belive in Jesus

Why?

Why not?
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 09 Apr 2013 06:31

Most people don't because there aren't enough pursasive aruguements for him.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

mia

Postby mia » 09 Apr 2013 15:09

I think' belief'; especially religious belief, is rarely about persuasive arguments.
I think all people are seeking the same things in the end, regardless of their beliefs, (or beliefs in no religion):peace and an escape from suffering, and some sort of understanding of why they are here.
Even Science is looking for answers to this really: who are we; what is this world?
We may use different words and metaphors, and different means, but I think it's all the same seeking in the end. (Not to say that the human ego has not corrupted much of this original 'purity' ,or basis, in many many ways).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 09 Apr 2013 15:45

My religious views are simply this...I believe there'e a bit of truth to every religion out there.Also,there is a bit of man made nonsense in every religion as well...and this is where it can become confusing for all who seek for the truth.Clearly,there's no complete truth to be found simply because not one of us knows what the real truth is.
I have looked into so many religions over the years and find that there is always good and bad in all of them.
I myself tend to embrace the good and discard what's no good and go from there.I belong to no certain religious denomination and never would.I believe that there is a Creator and probably always will.I believe in good and evil,lightness and darkness and things of that nature but after many years of searching,I find that many things in the Bible are contradictions from one story to another.I think alot has been added to it by man to achieve the results that they want from us...such as how we are told to constantly turn the other cheek when people harm or do us wrong..yet we are told 'an eye for an eye' in another story...see what I mean?? If the Bible truly is Gods word,it has definitely been altered in many ways.
I believe in prayer but also that there is no power in prayer without action..we can't just pray but yet never do anything on our own to help the situation that we find ourselves praying about.
I do think that we have much more power than we are aware of and I feel that relying too strongly on religion strips that power from us.Perhaps that's why it's there...everything has it's purpose,you know...
For me,I choose to take what's good from all of it..and it seems that the one truth remains,and that's simply love and peace.The foundation.If we live by these two things,how can we go wrong?? I believe that the Creator,the Universe and nature is what it's all about..to me,these are the three ultimate things in life.If we are one with these three things,we are on the path to love and peace,the final destination ;)
That's my take on it guys...I do not bash anyone for their beliefs because not one of us really truly knows if what we believe is the honest truth or not and I don't think we will ever know until we are separate from this physical world...that's why it's important to do the best we can while we're here.That's all we can do.Whether we're right or wrong,just be the best person you can be...debating over religion is senseless...trying to convert people is also senseless because your mind will change a million times as you grow spiritually in this world..then you've only misled people along the way and made them believe what you found to be false..know what I mean? Just love one another and try to do what's right as much as you can.If everyone lived this way,being the best person they could be,religion would have no place..no need.Just my 2 cents :D

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 10 Apr 2013 03:37

mia wrote:I think' belief'; especially religious belief, is rarely about persuasive arguments.
I think all people are seeking the same things in the end, regardless of their beliefs, (or beliefs in no religion):peace and an escape from suffering, and some sort of understanding of why they are here.
Even Science is looking for answers to this really: who are we; what is this world?
We may use different words and metaphors, and different means, but I think it's all the same seeking in the end. (Not to say that the human ego has not corrupted much of this original 'purity' ,or basis, in many many ways).

I get that, but why choose to believe in Jesus over the myriad other alternatives is what i curious about.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Apr 2013 10:41

Jack Reacher wrote:
mia wrote:I think' belief'; especially religious belief, is rarely about persuasive arguments.

I get that, but why choose to believe in Jesus over the myriad other alternatives is what i curious about.

Just as many choose the myriad of other alternatives.. I think its often just what is resonating the strongest with a person at the time along with often the influence of their peers, family etc. What "feels" right to a person. (thou for myself I base my beliefs on far more then just feel but many dont).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

mia

Postby mia » 10 Apr 2013 15:21

I agree with taniaaust1; it depends on who you are surrounded by, and what you've been introduced to.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Off-Topic”