Kony 2012 - Your Click Could Save Lives

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
James

Kony 2012 - Your Click Could Save Lives

Postby James » 09 Mar 2012 00:13

There is a man, his name is Joseph Kony.
He abducts children, gives them a gun and a knife, forces them to shoot and kill thier parents and other people.
If they resist, he slits thier throat
He MUST be stopped
He MUST be stoped, now.
The lead campainger has worked very hard, after getting turned down by the US he carried on, and now has thier support. But he has a deadline. He must accomplish this by the end of 2012. Watch this video, all of it. If you don't then you know you are one of those reaponsible of the trauma and torture of children.
And not just a few, over tens nearly hundreds of thousands of children. So watch this video, email it to eveyone, post it on every forum, and together,
We CAN stop Kony.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc
Was it worth it?

Worldenterer1

Re: Kony 2012

Postby Worldenterer1 » 10 Mar 2012 14:54

The entire topic of Joseph kony gets me angry. Now first of all, don't get me wrong, what he is doing is terrible, and should be stopped. But the part that makes me angry, is that this same kind of child soldier situation has been happening in places all over the world for a very long time. People are acting like there is all of the sudden a reason to pay more attention to the problem now, than there was 15 years ago. The problem of men recruiting children as soldiers or sex slaves was just as important in the past as it is now. The fact that the large majority of people just started paying attention to it, or just learned that this kind of thing is happening, is what makes me angry.

I solidly put this statement out though, because if I do not, people on this forum will probably say I support Mr. Kony.

What Mr. Kony is doing is wrong, and defiantly should be stopped, but what annoys me is that people are paying a lot more attention to the problem now than in the past. Most people at my school never even knew this kind of thing was happening!
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

WildCat23

Re: Kony 2012

Postby WildCat23 » 10 Mar 2012 16:14

IC is not a reputable organization;

http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Snaggle

Re: Kony 2012 - Your Click Could Save Lives

Postby Snaggle » 14 Mar 2012 07:26

Typical EU-American hypocrisy in action. The UN sanctions murdered 5 million children in Iraq-a second Hitlerian holocaust. Now how does the UN or Nato bombing the hell out of a petty warlord's territory help the people there? Have you forgotten the 40,000+ murdered by NATO in Libya so soon. Or the fact that almost every warlord and government in Africa uses child soldiers and are murderous fiends.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “Off-Topic”