Parkour!

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
KylePK

Parkour!

Postby KylePK » 15 Mar 2012 05:14

So I do Parkour. Freerunning as well. The other day, I was going for this massive jump from standing in place (broad jump) and I was getting kinda freaked out because it was really big, and the landing was really small (Precision jump) and when you encounter a jump like this, you have to really focus in and control your emotions, movements and mindset a lot to force yourself to do it, because your mind is trying to keep you safe even though there is no real danger because I'm trained to handle jumps like this. So, all of the sudden, the adrenaline kicks in and I get that feeling that I'm about to do it. Normally, if you act on this impulse, it messes up your whole inner flow and throws you off so bad that you have to stop and re approach the jump like 5 minutes later, and if you ignore it then you lose your motivation, you just feel like you cant do it. Well, this time, I did what I do when I try to lucid dream! I got that feeling that I was about to do it, and I got the adrenaline, and just like a LD attempt, I calmly observed the feeling, allowing it to engulf my entire being. I didn't let the feeling overpower me or dwindle away, I just let it simmer inside of me calmly for about 10 seconds and then I executed the jump perfectly. I found this worth sharing because it proved to me that all my dreaming, lucid dream attempts and meditation are helping me gain a mental control and clarity that I lacked before. Its incredible!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Re: Parkour!

Postby Peter » 15 Mar 2012 07:25

Lucid living - bringing it into daily life. Good post enjoyed reading about your experience
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 16 Mar 2012 05:24

Peter wrote:Lucid living - bringing it into daily life. Good post enjoyed reading about your experience

Thanks! Yeah its really cool merging the two!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 17 Mar 2012 19:25

Cool
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Return to “Off-Topic”