My musical works

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Highlander

My musical works

Postby Highlander » 29 Jun 2013 21:30

I created this thread to show some of my musical works, if you are interested.
I play drums and keyboards. I've played drums in some punk-rock and thrash metal bands and also played keyboards in black metal bands. Heavy metal is my favorite style of music but i also like a lot of other styles of music such as New Age, Celtic, Medieval and Movie Soundtracks, among others. It is the latter which influenced me to play a lot of my songs on my solo project named Gustavo Vieira (which is my real name).
In this topic I will put music composed by me that have to do with the themes of dreams and spirituality, music that is based on these themes or that can be used to relax, meditate or perhaps induce a lucid dream or OBE or has nothing to do with these themes but i think it fits in here.

Gustavo Vieira - Celestial Mysteries (2002)

This is the 3rd set of songs i did in 2002. A colleague of mine lent me a book about life after death (called "Life After Life"). It contained reports of people who had experienced this and some more theories. As i read the book, music started to appear in my head like a soundtrack for the book. This album is based on this book and other parallel topics as dreams, spirits, past lifes, etc...
I'll put here the whole album. If you prefer the songs separately, tell me.
I don't know how to embed the video here or to have this linked, so, i'll just put here the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ29lfQJ0bI

Songs:
01 - Past Lifes
02 - The Body and The Soul
03 - Premonitions
04 - Dreams
05 - Celestial Mysteries
 - Life after Death?
I (06) - Out-of-Body Experience
II (07) - Wandering Spirit
III (08) - The other side

01 - Past Lifes
It's about hypnotic regression, meditation or dreams that allows us to return to a past life. The song begins with futuristic instruments and develops to medieval instruments to imply the travelling to the past.

02 - The Body and The Soul
OBE. Out-of-Body Experience. The separation of the astral body from the physical body and its journey through the astral world.

03 - Premonitions
I love Vangelis. I love the melodies, the instruments, the feelings in his music. The sound I use in this song reminds me of Vangelis. It was on purpose. It is a kind of a tribute to my favorite musician.

04 - Dreams
Music about dreams. Lucid and non-lucid. A walk through dreamland.
The piano was played by my brother Ricardo.

05 - Celestial Mysteries
All these subjects are and will always be a mystery to us. Dreams, the soul, space, spirits, the mind...
The guitar solo was played by my brother Paulo.

- Life after Death?
3 tracks based on various reports from the book Life After Life:

I (06) - Out-of-Body Experience
When someone suffers an accident and is in a coma and the astral body begins to separate from the physical body.

II (07) - Wandering Spirit
The astral body travel to the physical and astral world.

III (08) - The other side
The other side. Is there another world? Is it what we call Heaven? Is it an astral world?
The guitar solos were played by my brother Paulo.

WildCat23

Re: My musical works

Postby WildCat23 » 29 Jun 2013 23:51

Nice! Some part's felt a little like Pink Floyd mixed with The Alan Parsons Project. I liked it.

My band and I are currently writing a Progressive Metal song about dreams, called "Alternate Universe." Haha, I see you already wrote an album about similar topics.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 01 Jul 2013 14:03

Here's a video of me playing the music "Premonitions", from "Celestial Mysteries".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIz7By61q5g

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 03 Jul 2013 04:59

I'll have to check out your songs. I'm currently writing songs myself(I'm actually in need of a keyboardist for a few songs. and pretty much a full band for the rest :lol: ).
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 03 Jul 2013 09:53

One of my biggest influences is Vangelis. So, a few years ago i played this Vangelis music from the 1492 movie soundtrack. I love this song. Vangelis must have composed it in his dreams. It's more or less this kind of sound that I hear in some of my dreams, mostly when i'm flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=budFVduzwpY

mikeg313

Postby mikeg313 » 03 Jul 2013 16:09

Maybe you both should open a REVERBNATION account and then upload your music there for all to here. Its free and you can link your videos from you tube plus more. You can even create phone apps with their widgets. I'm using it under Peoplexray website.Been on there from 2009.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 10 Jul 2013 19:25

The Wanderer is the 2nd album from 2001. Because i like movie soundtracks a lot, I decided to create a soundtrack imagining a story set in medieval times. Therefore, these songs all have a medieval, celtic and orchestral touch.
It's like the soundtrack of a dream that anyone could have. I think that all our dreams are authentic films and could have a soundtrack to illustrate them.

Gustavo Vieira - The Wanderer (2001)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-8xM6xGNVc

Tracks:
01- The journey begins
02- Landscapes
03- A city by the mountains
04- Civilization
05- The rescue
06- Feelings
07- Lonely traveller
08- The reunion
09- Wanderers

Some notes on the story of each track:

01 - The journey begins
The story is set in the 14th century. A young man decides to leave his hometown and go see the world. With his parent's approval, he says goodbye to his family and friends and leaves his village. The journey begins.

02 - Landscapes
Long walks to admire the landscape and all that the nature offers us.

03 - A city by the mountains
A few days later, the young man sees a city surrounded by a huge castle wall.

04 - Civilization
The young man is welcomed and invited to meet the civilization and spend a few days in the city.

05 - The rescue
After saying goodbye to his new friends, he continues his journey. In the forest, he sees a young woman being attacked by robbers. He prepares to save her.

06 - Feelings
After the rescue, they fall in love.

07 - Lone traveller
The young woman must return to her home and he has to continue traveling ... alone.

08 - The reunion
After several days, she finds him in the forest and decides to make the journey with him.

09 - Wanderers
The couple travel together and many adventures will follow.

Return to “Off-Topic”