Trolls

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Trolls

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Oct 2013 17:54

I've been reading about this lately and found this definition on Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I've also learned that trolls often have a history of such behavior and commonly use their same names so you can google their name and the word troll and see their history of insulting, inflammatory posts along with places that have booted them out.

Another way you tell is that you compare the troll's known opinions (they usually make them very clear) with forums they have joined. For example, a person who constantly proclaims their strict adherence to scientific principles along with expressed disbelief in anything to do with spirituality would not normally join a forum called Spiritual Journeys that has a description like :We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. One would have to wonder, what would this person being doing in that forum? But then, you really don;t have to guess what they were doing, their posts are available for you to read. And then you also find out they were recognized for being a troll and booted off so your suspicions were confirmed.

It amazing how anything you do on the internet stays there forever, should make some think twice about what they say.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidLink

Re: Trolls

Postby LucidLink » 22 Oct 2013 19:53

Oh snap ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Oct 2013 00:45

lucidinthe sky wrote:It amazing how anything you do on the internet stays there forever, should make some think twice about what they say.

You're right. I can google search some key words and find my own posts.
I don't mind sharing dreams, but I should make sure I don't divulge too much personal information.
Predators and security thieves and even potential employers are out there watching us.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

Although I don't feel it's a big issue, it is however, a known fact that everything we say here is public knowledge and can be held against you in the court of life. I think I will omit my real name in my signature and such. Not because I'm paranoid, but it's a good practice. I forget sometimes about that and feel the world in an innocent place, and this new internet technology takes a little getting use to.

So Trolls are one thing, but make sure you stay anonymous too. Cause you never know......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

mikeg313

Postby mikeg313 » 23 Oct 2013 03:22

In all walks of life their are trolls. I guess they are looking for attention and have no real friends or families. Those of us that do, dont have the time or waste the energy, we are having a good time and enjoying life.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Oct 2013 11:45

"we created this community for people from all backgrounds..."

This is enough for the so-called "trolls" to legitimately join. I find the "troll" term nonsensical and derogatory. One can also see how very easily a person who wishes to enlighten a whole community and spread facts be slapped with such horrendous label.

Troll is the modern term for heretic. It's a term concocted by those who fear debate, abhor science, and wish to cling to their erroneous beliefs and fantasies. It was invented by people who feel offended when someone tries to teach them something. The people who invented the term are too narcissistic to be told that they are wrong or have no justification for their beliefs.

Moderators of forums like the Spiritual ones know the politics and are nothing but demagogues. Because of this, the freethinkers end up being persecuted by the cultish mob before being officially ousted.

That's all. B-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”