Skype Anyone?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Vonozar

Re: Skype Anyone?

Postby Vonozar » 25 Oct 2013 22:25

I don't really use Skype much, so I'm not all that familiar with it, but isn't there a conference option? That might be a good idea to make it a little less intimidating for the people who are quite shy and find a one on one call a bit scary. Plus, then a few people can meet at once. Scheduling such a call might be a little difficult, but I'm sure it's possible if people would be up to it.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 25 Oct 2013 23:40

Vonozar wrote:I don't really use Skype much, so I'm not all that familiar with it, but isn't there a conference option? That might be a good idea to make it a little less intimidating for the people who are quite shy and find a one on one call a bit scary. Plus, then a few people can meet at once. Scheduling such a call might be a little difficult, but I'm sure it's possible if people would be up to it.

I have used skype for a few years and I have never had much of a video call, always a voice conference call with a couple of friends. It is very easy and useful
Do a reality check

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 05 Dec 2013 00:29

Any fellow dreamers interested in a big skype conversation? We could plan some time where a bunch of us get together in a skype call to discuss lucid dreams and techniques.
Do a reality check

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 05 Dec 2013 02:40

Goldkoron wrote:Any fellow dreamers interested in a big skype conversation? We could plan some time where a bunch of us get together in a skype call to discuss lucid dreams and techniques.

I've been pretty busy lately so I can't make a serious commitment to a big call, but I would definitely try to join in if one was scheduled. :D

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Dec 2013 04:41

I copied and pasted this from an earlier reply. It doesn't hurt just to make a contact with someone. It doesn't mean I'm going to call you, out of the blue, in the middle of the night, and besides, Skype has to be opened for it to work anyway. So make me a contact at least. We may never even use it, and there is no pressure.

HAGART wrote:I made a new profile exclusively for this.
My Skype name/contact is "hagart-dreamer" - name is "Michael (Aka HAGART)"
(just plain, Hagart was already taken... it turns out it's an actual last name and quite common so that's why)

I realize now that it's safe to share this because for anyone to call me, I have to first accept them, so no worries about any third party reading this.

So go ahead and make me a contact if you wish. It doesn't mean we have to talk anytime soon, or even at all, but in the future if we are both online here at the same time it would be very easy to talk. (If we're in the mood of course).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Dec 2013 03:06

Me, Goldkoron and Peter already skyped, and talked one on one seperately, and we should again in January starting the new year.

I'm open to anyone else and my account is for all to see. I will respond when I can. No harm or foul if we don't. I'm shy too most of the time, but some days I'm very extroverted! We surprise ourselves!.

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Dec 2013 07:00

Looking forward to next time and the more the merrier
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Dec 2013 20:43

I know Goldkoron wants to do a three way chat, conference call, with us, Peter.
I know you like one on one, but we should try it and talk 3 way or maybe even more!

I only have the free-version of Skype and I don't think I can host such an event, but if one of us does it is possible. (I read the terms and conditions of it... you need to pay a little extra to get the conference call ability as I understand it....)

But imagine having 10 of us meeting up at one time! That would be a thing to remember!

(And I have access to a new computer now, not this archaic 2006 Mac anymore, so I might actually be able to have video and show my ugly mug to all you guys!) ;)

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 28 Dec 2013 21:02

HAGART wrote:I know Goldkoron wants to do a three way chat, conference call, with us, Peter.
I know you like one on one, but we should try it and talk 3 way or maybe even more!

I only have the free-version of Skype and I don't think I can host such an event, but if one of us does it is possible. (I read the terms and conditions of it... you need to pay a little extra to get the conference call ability as I understand it....)

But imagine having 10 of us meeting up at one time! That would be a thing to remember!

(And I have access to a new computer now, not this archaic 2006 Mac anymore, so I might actually be able to have video and show my ugly mug to all you guys!) ;)

You can have conference calls for about infinite people. But if there are more than 2 people in a call, you cannot use video chat or screenshare. It is entirely free to have a 3 way chat or even 10 way chat.
Do a reality check

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 31 Dec 2013 03:05

HAGART wrote:

I'm in! I agree, it would probably be memorable! :) I just made a skype account for this website. My skype name is LucidVonozar (Vonozar was surprisingly taken). I'm going to add those who have put their skype info available.

Return to “Off-Topic”