Sherlock Holmes the Lucid Dreamer?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
JonSnowLD

Sherlock Holmes the Lucid Dreamer?

Postby JonSnowLD » 31 Dec 2013 14:38

Is it just me or would Sherlock Holmes be amazing at seeing dream signs and becoming lucid? he's so perceptive and stuff I just thought that if he was a real person he'd instantaneously realise he was in a dream whenever he entered one! ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Vonozar

Re: Sherlock Holmes the Lucid Dreamer?

Postby Vonozar » 31 Dec 2013 22:54

Good point! With how aware he is of everything, he'd probably be a natural!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Dec 2013 23:28

MONK is a lucid dreamer. He often visits his dead wife in bed during false awakenings.
Freddy Kruger is a lucid dreamer too! :twisted: But you share HIS dream instead!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jan 2014 03:47

I've said this before and I'll say it again: If you want to increase your chances of becoming lucid in your dreams be a dream detective.

Before the term "lucid dream" had even been coined, there was a man who was familiarising himself with his dreams so meticulously that he found himself becoming consciously aware of dreaming while it was happening. He was real and renowned in history. Some of his oneironautic techniques are employed by sleep scientists and lucid dream researchers today. Think 19th century. Can you guess his name?

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Jan 2014 04:19

"Marquis d'Hervey de Saint-Denys?"... Whose book, "Dreams and How to Guide Them was published in 1867?"
It's a wild guess! (Just kidding. The internet makes us all omniscient with a few key words!)

I'll cite the source as to not infringe on copyright and for others to read if they choose:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/18/magazine/inward-bound.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

I'll read it later, and check him out, but I bet I was right!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Jan 2014 14:48

You guessed it! :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”