Terraforming Mars

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Jack Reacher

Re: Terraforming Mars

Postby Jack Reacher » 20 Feb 2014 21:44

Summerlander wrote:Actually, we don't disagree on anything. The moon certainly can't be terraformed. There is no atmosphere and its gravity is incompatible. But there are other ways to colonise it. The Chinese are planning to be the first ones to do this. I'd imagine a scenario where domed structures are built on lunar soil and extractors are used to glean energy and other resources from our arid neighbour. There is a lot to discover still about the moon and let's not forget that it also contains frozen water at the poles. The moon would be a whole other project radically different from Martian terraforming. I suspect that, initially, the lunar colonies would have to be sustained by regular terrestrial imports. Whatever the case, the lunar affair will be read before the martian one, it seems.

Btw, I'm also enjoying this conversation! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

You should check out the movie "moon".
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Summerlander

Re: Terraforming Mars

Postby Summerlander » 20 Feb 2014 22:38

What happens in that film?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”