Anyone ever have an out-of-body experience?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: Anyone ever have an out-of-body experience?

Postby Summerlander » 10 Aug 2014 00:12

More far-fetched than ghosts? Are you sure, Snaggle? I never took you for a bit of a dualist struggling with probability... :-D

But I'll do one better for the sake of argument: the older brothers/cousins/uncles did it for the little ones and then took their invention with them. And if there were no kids at all, perhaps it was a hallucination (not to mention confabulations). Certainly more plausible than this nonsense about ghosts, don't you think, my dear? Even if the chances of what I proposed were in the billions (they are not) it would be improbable - quite different from impossible/untenable (adjectives certainly applicable to ghosts). Snaggle, do you have any idea how improbable life is and how improbable it was when our lifeless planet had just formed? And yet, here we are...

And nawick...there are such things as ladders and people with interests that others often find peculiar - this you will surely find in abundance, without needing to take a tour around the planet, before ghosts... ;-)

It's not so funny now, is it? But that is exactly what a little thinking and open-mindedness to the mundane will do - it kills the magic and hence why such traits are disliked by many. You're going to tell me that you watched the children for ages and witnessed their magical disappearance now. One in a billion, eh?

I am still waiting for the reasoning behind jumping to the conclusion that what was witnessed were ghosts or spirits and I'm surprised that Snaggle didn't pick up on this or simply overlooked it. (Or perhaps I shouldn't be surprised seen as he takes the idea of descending from a god like Thor quite seriously.)

I've pretty much heard everything...:-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Andrew Hodrien

Postby Andrew Hodrien » 13 Aug 2014 23:03

In case anyone who has posted in here or has read this, please see here for OBEs research I am currently conducting, well at least until tomorrow night (23:50 GMT) anyway!
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15135

Thanks, Andrew

nawick

Postby nawick » 20 Aug 2014 17:41

please see here for OBEs research I am currently conducting,

How did it turn out?
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 22 Aug 2014 03:54

OBEs are just a special type of wake initiated lucid dream.

I have had countless OBEs in my lifetime, for me, abandoning my dream body is the easiest way to enter a lucid dream.

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Aug 2014 04:21

I think the same thing that an OBE is another way to enter a lucid dream.

Only one experience during a motor bike crash that makes me wonder about projecting into the normal world or if that is not valid then I need to question the concept of time so a replay of an event can happen with a out of body viewpoint at time of occurrence.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 24 Aug 2014 01:16

I only trust techniques developed or supported by the leading experts in lucid dream research.

These include Stephen LaBerge and Thomas Yuschak.

To relax myself and stay focused, I begin with rhythmic breathing.

I then use the 61 point relaxation recommended by Stephen LaBerge in his book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming

Then I perform tactile and seeded Visualizations recommended by Thomas Yuschak in Advanced Lucid dreaming.

Seeded Visualizations are also known as active passive Visualizations.

Tactile Visualizations prepare you for the OBE transition, while helping you maintain focus.

nawick

Postby nawick » 29 Aug 2014 16:58

When I researched OOBE years ago the "experts" said that caffeine, alcohol, hops and nicotine were chemicals that inhibited OOB transition. As a home brewer who likes a good cigar on occasion, I pretty much have 3 strikes against me.
"If you believe that you can or if you believe that you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford.

Return to “Off-Topic”