Being a Well Liked Person

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Being a Well Liked Person

Postby HAGART » 06 Feb 2015 18:45

So you could say you were wearing someone else skin like a mask? ;)

(That joke is funny now but it won't be for others reading this later when you change your Avatar picture)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 06 Feb 2015 21:55

HAGART wrote:So you could say you were wearing someone else skin like a mask? ;)

(That joke is funny now but it won't be for others reading this later when you change your Avatar picture)

I will never change it! Never!! Except if I find someone else more beautiful to cut..
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 18 Feb 2015 12:06

I look at it like this. If one does not have reason to speak to someone, why bother them? Or if one has nothing to say, why speak?
Look at from the perspective of commerce. If you have no apples to sell, why try to pass yourself off as a vendor?
There are a whole lot of people who haven't the least bit of sense, but can talk from the moment they get up till they go to bed, yet they have said absolutely nothing.

Read the Platonic Dialogs, discourse with a purpose and based on principles of language. If you tried to talk like that today, you would probably have your phone tapped.

I really believe that there is quite a distinction between talking and jabbering.

Look at people as containers of time, and that time is slowly leaking out of that container.
When you ask for their time, for any reason, are you being fair and honest with them? You can look at social media in the same manner. Ask the question, why do they want my time?
The human mind is responsible for human will so as to maintain and promote its life.
We are not simply exchanging words, we are exchanging life. Many people simply love giving it to idiots and fools, but that is because herding. Language is only as functional as the principles of language that functionally reside in one's own mind.
Last edited by Philosopher8659 on 18 Feb 2015 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 18 Feb 2015 12:16

Do you read platonic dialogs, Philopopher? Where are you from??
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 18 Feb 2015 12:20

Read them, check the Internet Archive, one of my language projects is making audio books from various translators. Many people do not have time to read, but they have an mp3 player. All of the downloads are free.

I was born in Vermont.

Each of Plato's dialogs, their outline is based on a principle of language or of psychology.
Plato was not only expounding a Two Element Metaphysics, he was demonstrating it by his method of composition.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 18 Feb 2015 12:49

I will! I always wanted, but after a little search now I'm more eager to try than ever. I am from Hellas myself (you may call it Greece, but it's not right in my opinion).

~David Gerrold

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 18 Feb 2015 12:59

In the U.S. New England has been said to produce more philosophers than anywhere else in the U.S. but in history, I do not believe that Greece has been bested. I do not think it can. In the works of Plato and Aristotle is the foundation of a Two Element Metaphysics. That is, outside of the Judeo-Christian Scripture.

One thing you wont find, searching the Archive, unless you read the pages, is that in The Grammar of English Grammar, by Gould Brown, in that directory I posted a Scriptorum of most of the dialogs I have been working on. I also posted the program I wrote for making the audio-books. I did not put a help file with the program. I just have too much to do. I have made corrections to many of the work I posted, but the sit on my own hard drive. Time. The Basic Analog Mathematics will be twelve volumes. It examples logic and analogic side by say, each saying exactly the same thing. Some might come to see this arrangement as a perfect example of language itself.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 18 Feb 2015 15:40

I won't have to read Plato's works in English, though. Είμαι Έλληνας, remember? Thus, I will have the opportunity to understand him better if I read the original (translated, but still more original) than reading it in English.

~David Gerrold

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 18 Feb 2015 15:58

Maybe you will do your own translation into English some day.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 18 Feb 2015 16:14

If I learn English well enough, I might. :P

~David Gerrold

Return to “Off-Topic”