Being a Well Liked Person

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
btifuldreamer

Re: Being a Well Liked Person

Postby btifuldreamer » 27 Mar 2015 12:54

Philosopher8659 wrote:I look at it like this. If one does not have reason to speak to someone, why bother them? Or if one has nothing to say, why speak?
Look at from the perspective of commerce. If you have no apples to sell, why try to pass yourself off as a vendor?
There are a whole lot of people who haven't the least bit of sense, but can talk from the moment they get up till they go to bed, yet they have said absolutely nothing.

Read the Platonic Dialogs, discourse with a purpose and based on principles of language. If you tried to talk like that today, you would probably have your phone tapped.

I really believe that there is quite a distinction between talking and jabbering.

Look at people as containers of time, and that time is slowly leaking out of that container.
When you ask for their time, for any reason, are you being fair and honest with them? You can look at social media in the same manner. Ask the question, why do they want my time?
The human mind is responsible for human will so as to maintain and promote its life.
We are not simply exchanging words, we are exchanging life. Many people simply love giving it to idiots and fools, but that is because herding. Language is only as functional as the principles of language that functionally reside in one's own mind.

That is a very philosophical response, Philosopher :ugeek:
Are you saying that there isn't much point in trying to make friends with people that have no major benefits out of being friends with them? I guess social life at school is very different to the outside world. It's all about popularity and how/what type of friends you have at school. I find that if i have a lot of friends than i will be more happy and my days will be more interesting and joyful seeing all of them. Some of them of course, i see no benefits of becoming friends with them. There are only certain people i want to befriend that i think would be good, genuine friends. My problem is that i haven't gotten over my fear of rejection. I've been thinking that i'm annoying everyone by interrupting their day to talk to them. I suppose by all this rambling i mean that i should take into consideration what you have said Philosopher.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Mar 2015 16:33

Sometimes, it happens to be the case that people who have nothing to say should speak in order to preserve their sanity and reinforce their self-awareness, especially when they've recently had a breakdown and are feeling a little depressed. I have met a few individuals in these circumstances and I've noticed a pattern: they can passionately talk shit for ages like it matters--and it does matter to them to speak and be listened to (!)--which leads me to concluded that language undoubtedly plays a fundamental in self-awareness or the extent of human consciousness. It is vital. It matters just as much as swearing as a means to unlax. 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Mar 2015 17:47

Conversation is the oldest form of entertainment.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 30 Mar 2015 00:28

What about sex? It precedes language, surely... :mrgreen:

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 30 Mar 2015 02:12

Sweet avatar, Hagart.
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Mar 2015 07:06

deschainXIX wrote:Sweet avatar, Hagart.

Thanks.

Summerlander wrote:What about sex? It precedes language, surely...

What are you going to do for the rest of the 23 hours, and 58 minutes of your day? ;) OH, SNAP!
You're right though. And the other forms of entertainment are eating and sleeping. They precede language. The latter we as lucid dreamers have turned into quite the show.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 30 Mar 2015 19:55

It's dangerous to think of time as wasted or better spent elsewhere. Such thinking leads inevitably to feelings of inadequacy, desperation, paralyzing fatalism, and fear of death, because it's impossible to genuinely spend every moment of our fleeting human lives being purposeful and progressive. All of us on a quotidian basis engage in things that "have no point"--so what sort of naïveté does it require to think to ourselves, "what's the point?" What is the point of anything, then, with this paradigmatic trend? Most would agree that troubling over something pointless is itself pointless. There's the paradoxical irony. :D

So, I'm assuming nesgirl was banned?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 31 Mar 2015 00:34

Lol! Your Dudeism makes sense. And if nesgirl was banned it's only because she wasn't A WELL LIKED PERSON! :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 31 Mar 2015 05:39

deschainXIX wrote:It's dangerous to think of time as wasted or better spent elsewhere. Such thinking leads inevitably to feelings of inadequacy, desperation, paralyzing fatalism, and fear of death, because it's impossible to genuinely spend every moment of our fleeting human lives being purposeful and progressive. All of us on a quotidian basis engage in things that "have no point"--so what sort of naïveté does it require to think to ourselves, "what's the point?" What is the point of anything, then, with this paradigmatic trend? Most would agree that troubling over something pointless is itself pointless. There's the paradoxical irony. :D

So, I'm assuming nesgirl was banned?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Very thought provoking. .. thank you

What is your definition of reality?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Apr 2015 01:29

He's the best. 8-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”