The Luis Suarez Situation

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

The Luis Suarez Situation

Postby Summerlander » 27 Jun 2014 19:41

Why are there morons out there supporting and feeling sorry for Luis Suarez? Why is Uruguay, even their demagogic president Jose Mujica, defending this racist cannibal when he has disgraced his nation, his family, and friends? Are they deluded? Jingoistic Wilmar Valdez can fuck off out of Rio! If a nation like Uruguay condones such behaviour then I am not surprised Suarez comes from there...

And Maradona: What the hell are you on about attempting to justify Suarez's actions by claiming that worse things have happened in football? Assault is assault! It is immoral and our children should see that such behaviour is unacceptable! Maradona is no "hand of God" when it comes to ethical behaviour. Uruguay is just sore that Suarez has deprived them of a chance to win. Pure and simple! This monster should have been banned from football for life after the incident with Patrice Evra!

People say Suarez has been treated like a dog: he ought to have been treated like a rabid dog and been locked up by now. FIFA were lenient with him (a four-month ban doesn't do justice) and we gave him the benefit of the doubt. Whether or not Uruguay want to punish Suarez for letting them down, that's a different matter. He has proved to be a serious serial offender and no amount of obnubilation from Uruguay is going to change what the rest of the world can see.

I'm not really that interested in football. I only get excited when it's the World or European Cup. And the Suarez business seems to be a highlight at the moment. So much so that my son Michael has chosen this as the subject of a school project. Me and him did some research and I learned more to support my position above. Suarez is influential to his fans and was, therefore, in a position of responsibility. His high-standard skill should not exonerate him of his misdeeds and the corollary of his actions should not be lenient sentencing either. It was rumoured by the Uruguayan media that FIFA was pressurised by South American football chiefs, one of them being xenophobe Julio Grandona, not to punish Suarez too severely. That seems just about right! If there was any corruption involved, it was in favour of Suarez and Uruguay - not against him as his fans claim.

Adidas and other commercial companies might boycott him at the moment but the footballer will eventually make some sort of recovery from all of this. The current fuss is all about Uruguay feeling robbed of a good (good, really?) player in the World Cup. Suarez clearly hasn't learned his lesson since Ivanovic last year (resulting in a 10-match ban from Liverpool), and Otman Bakkal a few years ago (7-match ban). Was the punishment severe this time? Really? Does Uruguay really want to talk about severity and see how Diego Maradona is full of shit?

It is true that many player did worse and got away with it. It is also true, however, that a few players did less and paid bigger debts. Iraqi player Samir Shaker Mahmoud was suspended for a year for spitting at a referee: compare that to four months and the nature of his misdeed (it involves saliva like Suarez's minus the pain of a bite). And what about Maradona himself who, after scoring the famous goal against Greece, was banned for 15 months for testing positive for ephedrine.

Liars back each other, don't they? :mrgreen:

Luis Suarez: The cannibal of Ajax
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Re: The Luis Suarez Situation

Postby HAGART » 30 Jun 2014 19:44

Evander Holyfield is having flashbacks.

Strange how it's somewhat tolerated and acceptable to violently assault people in a sporting arena, but not in a dark alley. In one place you can get a slap on the wrist, some movie deals, and celebrate with a face tattoo, but in the other, you are sent to an insane asylum next door to the cell of Hannibal Lecter! It's a mad world.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Re: The Luis Suarez Situation

Postby Summerlander » 02 Jul 2014 14:38

Tyson was a one-off and he still should have paid for that more than he did - he should have been banned from TV and made an example of. And don't compare Suarez to Hannibal Lecter! (The latter has class, the former doesn't.) :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”