Drugs

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Jack Reacher

Re: Drugs

Postby Jack Reacher » 14 Jul 2014 10:32

I have done Acid twice this year (well once for the New Years party) and the second time just a few weeks ago.

I can't say I had any spiritual revelations or saw any colours or something like that, most of the time I was distracted by a girl so that sorta took priority of my mind for that night. I did have a few strange moments though where I understood what was going around me with incredible precision, and could predict what people were going to say (in some form or another), I was basically (and always am in some ways) incredibly mindful of the energy, the source of energy, and the direction of the energy of all things that were around me.

However I gotta say the best trips I have had are from mushrooms, no doubt. Acid just seemed trippy in an arbitrary way, I could have loads of trips because its so contextual on what is going on around you. With mushrooms though, I have deep introverted, personal revelations about why I do the things I do, how much control I have over my life. You know it really is disgusting how attached we are to society, its systems, the shops, the sources of food, the norms, you ever have those moments in life where you truly feel like you are being stringed along like a puppet? It sorta felt like that, only I was in control.

Anyway with my second mushroom trip when I was about 22 last year I had very deep insights into the nature of our consciousness, it was more like I could feel the actual physical fabric of my consciousness, how our mind uses projections and approximations of reality to guide us and how our consciousness is really just one of the many parts that make up who we are. In some ways it is trapped within itself, it can't ever truly become the whole that makes you what you are. Its just a tool, like a hand, that helps you survive. The real you is the whole of your parts, and its something people don't really get to see very often.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Jul 2014 11:01

I think I was already 'tripped out' before I even tried supplements. Let's just call them that and forget the stupid arbitrary thing called, "drugs and law". It's B.S.

I still don't recommend them, and feels more like a loss of emotion, giving into a roller coaster, and you wonder if you'll ever be back to 'normal' again and what is 'normal'? But of course it depends on the drug. With LSD, who knows what the dosage is on that small little stamp. At least with shrooms you can see what your doing, and what your consuming, but can also lead to vomiting. (Never happened to me, but I heard many others talk about that).

I'm not glorifying drugs, but why should I hide in a corner and never speak of it? Especially when there is a possibility that it relates to lucid dreaming.

I remember one time, forget what I was 'experimenting' with, but I walked into a 7-11, and saw all the colorful wrappers and packaging and realized it was all a commercial scam. A show for the mind. Products don't matter, and it was all the same garbage under flamboyant 'skin', and realized everyone is a mindless patron in the rat race of consumerism. ;)

Don't need drugs to see that though, all you need to do is listen and dream, but I must say, truthfully, I did have some profound revelations while..... 'performing mental gymnastics'. Let's call it that!

I wish all politicians lucid dreamed. Then they would have this thing called 'human compassion'. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

NOCOOKIEFORYOU

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 14 Jul 2014 11:40

So what i may say may not be as cool as what others on this toppic have been saying i just want to add in something to the toppic. So i have only tried one drug. Cannabis.now i may not have much experience with lucid dreaming,they two have a lot in common. So first id like to note that i alwase plan to do something.like maby i wanna try a food while under the influence but i forget. Maby i wanna go do something cool when i am aware.... but i foegot.trying to remeber both experiences feel foggy and and hard to remeber. when your high you cant consentrate on anything eccept one thing... i noticed how far back i can bend my head back thats all i remever of that moment.once a person told me to hit the bong the first time (i was already high)and i dont remeber doing it. I just remember leaning back closed eyed.... everyone was looking at me and someone asked if i was alright. And i just felt like a zombie and just nodded.after that all i could think about was how it feels like im in a dream.(the strain i tried was called blue dream). my eyes got so annoying because they were so dry...my throat alwase burns for a while.. i couldnt even play gta (before i had an xbox)and al i did was drive perfectly like a normal civilian. Stop at red light. Go green. Hey why is the car so cube.a wait red light.... cubey car.. ha h. Green light go.... maby i shoukd go right.... wait asecond what are my brothers talking about....(listens to there conversation but cant even pat attention). <~ thats basicly my first time playing a video game on drugs... being high on this is weird but fun. I like it but dont do it often . i only hate having a sore throat from smoking because its all i can focus on and it hurts and no anount of water helps.well im done and if your wondering i basicly typed all of this without thinking of any point to put accross any ended up puting the most random mix of anything i posted on the internet.... weed is just to trippy to explain without ranting on and on on how its lije

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Tell me and I'll forget.show me and I may not remember.involve me and I'll understand
-native American proverb

NOCOOKIEFORYOU

Postby NOCOOKIEFORYOU » 14 Jul 2014 12:00

Also sorry for my typos everyone.i use my phone and it is hard to type. Plus its nearly impossible to go back and correct stuff. Especially without making worse typos

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Tell me and I'll forget.show me and I may not remember.involve me and I'll understand
-native American proverb

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Jul 2014 12:13

I don't care about language. I read through your typos and got the point. It's ineffable. Indescribable. Like explaining colors to a blind man. I understand.

It's the emotion and feeling we are trying to express, words don't do it justice.

I admit I have done drugs, but I have also had fevers, night terrors, and even a panic attack once. (So hard to describe those feelings)

So... playing GTA like a civilian like you said. Stop at the red light, go when green. Just acting normal. Were you just going around like yourself and not shooting everybody? Feeling like it was 'you' in the game and didn't want to cause trouble? I know what that would be like, and feel like 'you', yourself, are in the game. But funny how NOT SHOOTING and NOT KILLING people in a video game and instead feeling like yourself, makes you seem odd to others! Weird isn't it? You don't get points for being a nice guy! ;)

Even when sober and wide awake I think sometimes... was this all a game?

Karin

Postby Karin » 14 Jul 2014 12:56

WOW, this is such a great thread! Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, this is so fascinating to me.

To Jack:
Anyway with my second mushroom trip when I was about 22 last year I had very deep insights into the nature of our consciousness, it was more like I could feel the actual physical fabric of my consciousness, how our mind uses projections and approximations of reality to guide us and how our consciousness is really just one of the many parts that make up who we are. In some ways it is trapped within itself, it can't ever truly become the whole that makes you what you are. Its just a tool, like a hand, that helps you survive. The real you is the whole of your parts, and its something people don't really get to see very often.

What an awesome insight. Thanks for sharing this. :)

To HAGART:
Lucid dreams trump all psychedelics put together, with no side effects, and the same insights.

Excellent, that's great to know! :)

It was a roller coaster ride of emotion and hard to keep sane when thoughts are 'real'. I felt like I was going mad. Yet after some of the craziest lucid dreams I ever had, I feel the opposite.

That's interesting, after my LD#4 (a WILD) I did feel a sense of panic, anxiety, and really felt like my brain had been 'fried', even had some paranoia the next day when I received a suspicious package in my mailbox, sent by a seller named idreamworld (how about that one for a synchronicity, LOL)... I had not taken any drugs though, but I am convinced some 'damage' occurred in my brain. Actually I haven't fully recovered yet, over two months later. This triggered something in me. That might be an isolated case though, since I have not heard any other such cases in lucid dreamers.

I have also had fevers, night terrors, and even a panic attack once. (So hard to describe those feelings)

Same here, familiar with panic attacks and extreme anxiety, and even 'projectile vomiting' of emotions. That's why I never understood people seeking extreme stuff like skydiving, because just living in my skin can be extreme... I want less adrenaline, not more. Just recovered from the worst flare-up ever (gut flora-induced, once again).

Another note on drugs versus LDs: from everyone's reports, it sounds like drug-induced trip still include some sensory awareness of reality. You can see, walk around, interact with your friends, etc... In lucid dreams, I had zero body awareness, no sensory input at all, complete disconnection from the body's inputs. If I remember well, those on injected-DMT trips also completely disconnect (though I should read the book again to make sure...). Even those on Ayahuasca can still stumble around to use the bathroom (though they don't always make it :shock: ).

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 14 Jul 2014 16:53

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:22, edited 3 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Karin

Postby Karin » 14 Jul 2014 17:47

Nesgirl, I personally always like to hear stories! :)

Except if they are too disgusting, anything involving bowels, LOL. :D

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Jul 2014 20:41

Karin wrote:That's why I never understood people seeking extreme stuff like skydiving, because just living in my skin can be extreme...

I agree. Sometimes I'll just be waiting in line (any line), you know how society loves queues. And I'll just start to over-think and pick up on EVERYBODY'S conversations and emotions all at once. It's enough to drive you mad for a bit. It's like I stop having an imagination of my own and start to truly live in THE PRESENT. It's actually quite unnerving and I don't like it. More extreme cases can become a panic attack when I become fearful, realize my body is reacting to fear, can't think straight because blood flow isn't reaching my brain, which makes me even more afraid, then I fear I'm going to pass out in a public place, or perhaps it's the end and I'm going to die, AHHHHHHH!

I can joke about it now, but that's what a panic attack can be like, and I read other accounts too. It's unrelated to psychedelics, and don't worry about me, I'm doing fine now.

Karin wrote:after my LD#4 (a WILD) I did feel a sense of panic, anxiety, and really felt like my brain had been 'fried', even had some paranoia the next day when I received a suspicious package in my mailbox, sent by a seller named idreamworld (how about that one for a synchronicity

Like you said, that does seem like an isolated case, and for me lucid dreams leave me feeling well.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Jul 2014 21:14

Drugs are certainly not immoral and shouldn't be criminalized. They are just atoms and molecules affecting our brains. We can actually 'trip' naturally, and feel that all dreams are a natural hallucinogen we experience every night. Perhaps our natural reserve of DMT is involved.

But anyway, I'll tell you a natural experience I had back in 1999, when I had a bad fever. Worst fever of my life!

I remember looking out my window from the 3rd floor of my apartment complex and was looking at a street lamp down below and it was night. For a split second, I felt like I was there beside the street lamp and then a split second later I was back into my previous perspective. It was like I 'zoomed in' for just a moment, and truly felt like I was there on the street beside that lamp post, and then snapped back, shaking my head, and was in my 'body' again. I felt like my consciousness, my perspective didn't have to reside in my head anymore and it could go anywhere! It's hard to describe, I know.

Return to “Off-Topic”