Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
nesgirl

Re: Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

Postby nesgirl » 02 Sep 2014 00:50

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:05, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Sep 2014 01:26

Meditation can sometimes trigger WILDs in me too. How curious! By the way, just out of curiosity, what food does your sensei recommend?

I get you on the blood front. I was only generally speaking about cases where people need blood, which, as I'm sure you are well aware, can be for a number of different reasons.

Religions, or religious factions that oppose one another, can create a catastrophic recipe if they coexist in the same community. What you described is analogous to what happens in the Middle East. One example is the conflict between Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq. The Shiites are also opposing the government of Yemen. You won't hear about this type of conflict in Angola though, where Islam is pretty much banned. (They have it better than the French, although President dos Santos is a vicious dictator who starves much of his people and strives to maintain power at any cost.)

Update: The Islamic State may have beheaded another American journalist. Should we stay out of their way in their jihadist cause against the infidel, just as they demanded? The answer is no. We should not give in to bullies and psychopathic killers. This is war, whether we like it or not. They are a cancer of the planet, no different to an amalgamation of the Nazis and the Bolsheviks. They are a threat who descriminate against anyone whois different or disagrees. They are muderers who need to be penalised.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 03 Sep 2014 03:54

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:05, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Sep 2014 12:33

Nesgirl
My WILDs get really crazy when I have them in my classes though. My supersensitive hearing allows me to still perceive very well what they are doing in the class so I can still tell what they are doing even when I am in my WILD. If I ever got confused, I just reality check in the mirror in this particular WILD I have (as I have no reflection in this WILD), or look to see if I have a clone in a meditation position, then I know I fell into a WILD.
He recommends fewer sweets, a lot of vegetables, and a lot of protein. Mostly he just says don't eat too much. Although I have trouble eating meat most of the time like I am supposed to, even my therapists can't help me with that (not that I am an activist, I just don't like to eat it for the most part). Unfortunately for my nutritionists and him, it is hard because I have chronic hypotention, which is a very rare health condition to have, so it doesn't make it easy for them to plan out dieting tips when I have to have a lot of sodium rather than avoid it.

The WILD's are not crazy, very common NREM dream WILD, and yes you're sleeping when in this state - was tested in by an EKG machine and a professional operator. Most likely in this state you're hovering between Alpha and fast Theta waves, rather than hitting slower Theta Waves in the white matter of the brain.

DIET - high table salt intakes damage ones veins and can cause cataracts and renal damage.

http://english.pravda.ru/health/30-08-2014/128409-escess_salt-0/
If you're consuming lots of salt make sure it's sea salt as it's almost harmless in terms of blood vessel damage. Don't consume celery at all - it lowers blood pressure and quite rapidly ( almost as soon as you've eaten it) When I was eating enough salt to give me bloody noses, eating celery would stop them from happening. It also tends to lower blood pressure for the whole day. I knew as part of having a proper Sifu as a martial arts teacher. That celery lowers blood pressure has been long known in the Middle Kingdom. It's also been tested by a university in America and confirmed. Hypotension is very common in the elderly.

Eat blood thinners (broccoli and green leafy vegetables) to help your blood flow. Eggs also improve circulation as they counter the water retention in your body caused by salt and improves blood circulation in general - they're also have all the complete protein ones needs (it takes 6-12 eggs a day to see the effect at the club over the head level). Any form of nuts, sunflower seed kernels and peanuts are also high in protein, which is complete protein with all the essential amino acids.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 03 Sep 2014 18:58

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 04 Sep 2014 12:09

If ones body does not have complete amino acids in the body one eats and all at once the protein is wasted and can't be used - the the need to eat non - animal foods with all the necessary amino acids in them. It does not matter when one eats those foods. One can combine foods eaten in the same meal to get all the amino acids; but one would have to turn every meal into a research and math project.

I don't know about lake salt the reason normal table salt is bad is that it contains too many impurities (sand and glass like rock that scratches ones blood vessels and damages them) sea salt is closer to pure salt and dissolves causing no harm.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Sep 2014 12:34

LMAO! The "Lil' Hitler" animations cracked me up. Thanks for that, nesgirl! :lol:

More to the topic, UK Kurds are travelling to Syria and Iraq to fight the Islamic State. Despite David Cameron strongly discouraging this, Kurds feel a duty to protect their homeland. It seems like Kurdistan is willing to do more against the Islamic terrorists than the Iraqi government itself. Vian Dakhil's emotional plea to help her people was not enough. (I mentioned Vian Dakhil earlier in this thread. She is the only Yazidi in the Iraqi Parliament.) But the Yazidis are not the only ones in danger there. Christian minorities have also been persecuted by Islamists:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/08/07/the-islamic-states-bloody-campaign-to-exterminate-minorities-even-genghis-khan-didnt-do-this/?tid=hp_mm/

The Islamic State, who is the world's wealthiest militant group (basking in oil and gas revenues, support from Arab Gulf traders, bank monies in the cities it seized, and other criminal activities) justifies its terrorism - which includes the recent beheadings of infidels - by citing from the Quran. They are also equipped with high-tech arsenal such as machine guns, anti-aircraft artillery, rocket launchers and missiles. In time they will have atomic bombs. :shock:

Islamic State followers and sympathisers need to realise that the theocracy of the fatuous psychopath who goes by the name of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is based on an inhumane, reprobate ideology such as the old Caliphate Islam (as if Islam wasn't bad enough, these guys prescribe the earliest retrograde version), and the actions of his group also form part of a personal vendetta against the US government - he wants revenge for the death of Osama Bin Laden. There is a bounty on al-Baghdadi's head worth millions. (The other "jackpot" terrorist leader who also subscribes to this hideous cult of death is al-Qaeda's al-Zawahiri.) Posing as Caliph Ibrahim, al-Baghdadi proclaimed himself to be the leader of all Muslims, and has asked them all to join the new Islamic State who plans to conquer the Middle East and Europe. :(
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 05 Sep 2014 01:51

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Sep 2014 02:03

I think WWIII is possible but it will be quite different from the first two and a longstanding cold war may precede it. When it comes to Islamism in politics, or the Islamic brand of theocracy, the US government is already involved - and I'm not just talking about 9/11.

Go back just over two centuries ago and you will find Muslim pirate ships attacking American ships. Thomas Jefferson was baffled by their unprovoked attack seen as Americans never took part in the Crusades and it couldn't be some sort of vendetta. So the president met the ambassador of Tripoli to London in order to get to the bottom of it. The answer came: according to the Quran, Muslims hold the right to kill or enslave non-Muslims (infidels). What am I saying? I'm saying Muslims started it first in the belief that they did the right thing.

By the way, thanks for liinks. I'll be checking them out. :-D

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Sep 2014 00:13

Obama has been slow and overly cautious due to pressures from the stupid Left and his own desire to not be remembered as a war president. We need a hardened rational Left who understands that Islamism has no place in civilised society.

I hope they eradicate this "cancer" as soon as possible. They should have started when there were problems in Syria. The situation is still dire there.

It's funny how Snaggle has not retaliated against my refutation of his weak anti-atheistic argument regarding WW2. He hasn't even conceded that he was misinformed about Hitler (here we have an officially Christian politician responsible for the Holocaust) and completely overlooked the Marxist equation and the promotion to god-like status of Vladimir Lenin by Stalin. :-D

Go John Kerry! Finally the American people have woken up. It took the decapitation of a few American journalists but here we are. You were right about America, nesgirl! LOL!

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”