REM studies, not dream studies: ideas?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

REM studies, not dream studies: ideas?

Postby dreamstudent » 28 Oct 2014 01:52

Hello everyone let me briefly explain, as we all know dreaming is a psychological process, and the sleep stages which are inclusive of: delta, theta, NREM-waves, etc. are that of neurological processes. Yes, we depend on the nuerological cycle to maintain a psychological balance. There for we are psychologically dependant on neurological processes.

That being said I am going to do research while in and out of college on neurological process, but not psychological process because sadly in today's society psychology has been labeled as 'psuedo science' and in my mind if I want the world to notice that dreams are important I will have to do experiments and studies in physiologically and neurologically stimulating approaches.

If you have any ideas for experiments on how to neurologically relate the REM (dream) state to a physiological trait for example (blood pressure) and how blood pressure differs in REM opposed to the other stages of sleep, I'd be more than happy for your thoughts and ideas!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Re: REM studies, not dream studies: ideas?

Postby buildit » 28 Oct 2014 02:09

Are you also doing a study on Deja-Vu? I swear I have seen this before. :D
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Return to “Off-Topic”