Is there an afterlife?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Old Traveler

Re: Is there an afterlife?

Postby Old Traveler » 05 Nov 2014 16:01

Maybe we are asking the wrong question. Maybe we should be asking if
there is Consciousness after UN-consciousness or something along those lines?
Life to me implies organic. Is consciousness an outgrowth of being conscious or
is consciousness emergent as a result of an organic basis? Is consciousness
the result of Quantum principal of some kind? Jeesh. I'm getting a head ache!

Old Traveler.

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Nov 2014 21:23

Consciousness

We could be totally of the mark and consciousness is just a by product and that important at all. We always try to see or predict in terms of what we know. Great fun but not that great really as we simply dont know
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

buildit

Postby buildit » 05 Nov 2014 23:34

deschainXIX wrote:So you're admitting to your own bias toward certain notions. Also, your, ah, reasoning may sound delightfully poetic, but it still doesn't serve as sound proof for the existence of an afterlife.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

And your bias is well known so we know your thinking and reasoning is tainted. So I wouldn't believe you about afterlife if you were a ghost and threatened to haunt me. :lol:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 05 Nov 2014 23:57

If you did in fact know me you would be aware that in the past I ignorantly enjoyed and argued for the existence of lingering consciousness posterior to death. Only recently was I moved by reason in the direction of a more mature, realistic conception about the obvious nature of this reality.

Only a few months ago perhaps I would have been your ally in these matters. To say that I am driven by bias is indeed remarkable and revealing on your part. Instead of turning accusations around without much foresight, you should return to your attacking me with such petty, abandoned mud-slinging as calling me names--simply because I commended someone for stating to you painstakingly and everlastingly the truths of reality that are so clear to the rest of us.

Well said.

buildit

Postby buildit » 06 Nov 2014 00:23

deschainXIX wrote:If you did in fact know me you would be aware that in the past I ignorantly enjoyed and argued for the existence of lingering consciousness posterior to death. Only recently was I moved by reason in the direction of a more mature, realistic conception about the obvious nature of this reality.

Only a few months ago perhaps I would have been your ally in these matters. To say that I am driven by bias is indeed remarkable and revealing on your part. Instead of turning accusations around without much foresight, you should return to your attacking me with such petty, abandoned mud-slinging as calling me names--simply because I commended someone for stating to you painstakingly and everlastingly the truths of reality that are so clear to the rest of us.

Ahhh, so you're like the x-smoker? Once a member of the pro side and now you have "seen the light" and now are hard to the opposite point of view and how could anyone ever smoke those death sticks. You know I'm an x-smoker and while I am glad I made that decision ....finally.... I know what those who still smoke feel and even understand the difficulty they face.
The debate of afterlife will not be solved in this forum. So it is better to address the opposite sides of the coin in an open and exposed dialogue. If you posses evidence to dispute the possibility please offer it up, but I don't care about the "only a moron could believe this" argument since it is the means of debate used by the uninformed and oppressive minds of bureaucracy.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 07 Nov 2014 22:16

Robert Waggoner ''Gateway to the Inner Self'' in a conference, says that when he ask to his subconscious what happened after life, his subconscious reply that there is no end.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Nov 2014 01:55

And should Robbert waggoner trust hos own mind - the source of surrealism and abstractionism, the ground where imagination takes place, the creator of worlds that never were, the inventor of impossible concepts? :-D

For us, mortal humans, there is a beginning and there is an end. Prior to birth we did not exist and the same is true after we die. Nothing concrete in science suggests otherwise. Life means life and death is quite the opposite.:-P

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 08 Nov 2014 04:14

Summerlander wrote:For us, mortal humans, there is a beginning and there is an end. Prior to birth we did not exist and the same is true after we die. Nothing concrete in science suggests otherwise. Life means life and death is quite the opposite.:-P

I wonder how you know you didn't exist before you were born? In fact I can prove there was up to around 9 months that you were freaking clueless about where you existed. You even had a heart beat for much of that time. So given you can't account for being conscious of that period you, by your own words, discount it? See how easily your bias about this takes over your reason?

As for the Robert Waggoner comment. Well, I actually side with Summertime on the self serving nature of the situation in which a self pro ported expert says' I saw it in a dream. Now if he has some idea of how to pin point where the continuation is, that would be helpful. :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Nov 2014 09:44

...freaking clueless about where you existed. :-D

Ok, I stand corrected on one point. Prior to my embryological conception then. Or meiotic conception if you want to go that far. Most people here understood what I meant by "birth" and wouldn't be as pedantic, though.

Robert Wagonner, by the way, is an expert in lucid dreaming, not neuroscience. And yes, I discount the possibility of my existence prior to my conception. I'm pretty sure I didn't exist before as sure as I don't exist in Iraq right now... B-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 08 Nov 2014 13:48

Summerlander wrote:Robert Wagonner, by the way, is an expert in lucid dreaming, not neuroscience. And yes, I discount the possibility of my existence prior to my conception. I'm pretty sure I didn't exist before as sure as I don't exist in Iraq right now... B-)

I am remotely aware of who Robert Waggoner is even if I haven't read any of his books.

And yet you did exist before conception, in two halves no less. There was an egg in your Mom and Sperm in your dad that represented what you are. Point is life is not created every time we reproduce. Life is reformulated at best but the first spark of life is simply continued. We still can't take inert materials and make "life". When that day happens we may have a greater understanding of what life really is.

Return to “Off-Topic”