Lucid Dreaming and Religion

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
LoneDreamer

Re: Lucid Dreaming and Religion

Postby LoneDreamer » 18 Aug 2017 02:47

RedKryptonite wrote:As for your question about the bud being addictive...not really,the addiction potential is very low. I stopped when getting my hands on it got too dangerous. Some people have addictive personalities that could get psychologically addicted to weed,but most of those people are prone to getting addicted to anything anyway.

Are you serious? :shock: I must say in most of the counselling classes in my school most of us have been told that ganja is at least 20 times more addictive than nicotine/cigarette.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 18 Aug 2017 06:18

LoneDreamer wrote:
RedKryptonite wrote:As for your question about the bud being addictive...not really,the addiction potential is very low. I stopped when getting my hands on it got too dangerous. Some people have addictive personalities that could get psychologically addicted to weed,but most of those people are prone to getting addicted to anything anyway.

Are you serious? :shock: I must say in most of the counselling classes in my school most of us have been told that ganja is at least 20 times more addictive than nicotine/cigarette.

Yup,they lied to you. they exaggerated/twisted the facts to further their agenda (In this case however,those counselors in your school outright lied to you,plain and simple. Cannabis is not even close to being as addictive as nicotine nor is it anywhere near as harmful as a cigarrete. Don't believe me? search the net yourself,and not from obviously biased anti-drug websites.)

It reminds me of when religious schools would exaggerate the dangers of casual sex,in an effort to discourage their students from pursuing it. Little do they realize that in doing so,they are destroying their credibility in the eyes of those who know better. And if those students they are preaching to ever find out the truth on their own(which is not hard to do nowadays,we live in the age of the internet)...well,lets just say no one in their right mind is ever going to listen to them ever again :P
Here's an interesting article,its about the author of that website himself. Telling his experience with religious authorities who lied to him and how it turned out. Interestingly enough,it even briefly touches on the subject of drugs:

http://www.girlschase.com/content/dating-without-sex-why-it-usually-doesn%E2%80%99t-work

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 18 Aug 2017 10:56

Well, I must say they didn't do it with any bad intention. You know drug problem is high in my state. Maybe that's why they exaggerated. :lol: Also isn't ganja much more expensive than cigarette.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 18 Aug 2017 11:36

LoneDreamer wrote:Well, I must say they didn't do it with any bad intention. You know drug problem is high in my state. Maybe that's why they exaggerated. :lol: Also isn't ganja much more expensive than cigarette.

The illegal nature of drugs in your state and the exaggerations may very well have something to do with the high drug problem. Refer to my example of countries(i.e Portugal,Netherlands,etc.) who have decided to decriminalize drugs which resulted in a massive drop of drug-related problems. I have a theory,one of the reasons for this massive drop probably has something to do with the fact that a lot of people(especially kids and teens)desire the "Forbidden Fruit." The desire to do something they know isn't allowed. Remove this mystique and a lot of kids and teens lose interest.

That being said,despite my stance on drug decriminalization/legalization,I agree that little kids and teens below 18 should NOT be allowed to do drugs,as doing so could lead to all sorts of problem with their development and often they lack the maturity to practice harm reduction when doing these drugs. For instance,a significant number of people addicted to cigarettes started at a young age. I smoked my first cigarette at 19 when I was already done with high school. I did it,and then did it a few more times and I found that I didn't like it and didn't want to continue with it. (Most people find their first cig unpleasant,their continued use of it is either because of peer pressure or sheer boredom)

I get that the school's intention isn't bad,but it would behoove them to tell them the true facts,that doing drugs at their age could indeed mess with their development(which would be true indeed)and if they really want to do it,its best to wait for the right age. while this probably doesn't remove the "forbidden fruit" mystique entirely,it at least somewhat reduces it. (I for instance,never found much fascination with Alcohol,even though I knew I shouldn't do it as a child. because I knew that once you're an adult,their just another ordinary part of daily life)

Should kids and under aged teens be forbidden from sex? while they should be discouraged,you're probably not gonna stop them if they find themselves an opportunity,so you're a lot better off teaching them how to use contraceptives and condoms to minimize unwanted pregnancies and STD's. again,just my 2 cents.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 18 Aug 2017 11:38

Speaking of Drug harm reduction though,does anyone here know of any book that actually goes into that? I've seen forums that talk about it (i.e keeping your tolerance to a minimum,only using once a month,etc.)but I've never actually encountered a book that goes into detail about it. If anyone could point one out,it would be highly appreciated. :mrgreen:

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 18 Aug 2017 11:55

LoneDreamer wrote:Also isn't ganja much more expensive than cigarette.

Oh yeah,I forgot to answer this. Yeah,this is true. and I assume that even if Cannabis is fully legalized,it will probably still be more expensive than cigs. But hey,if I had to choose between paying for a little more vs a habit that I KNOW is truly hazardous to your health and has been proven so many,many times before. I think I'd choose paying a little more. Time is more valuable than Money ;)

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 18 Aug 2017 12:36

Did you smoke ganja or consume it like food? Also, if it's legalized can't it be grown easily. I mean, I don't think it's hard to grow. Also, I have heard some people say that in the Vedas they are considered a precious plant.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 18 Aug 2017 12:50

LoneDreamer wrote:Did you smoke ganja or consume it like food? Also, if it's legalized can't it be grown easily. I mean, I don't think it's hard to grow. Also, I have heard some people say that in the Vedas they are considered a precious plant.

I smoked it. Although I've always wanted to try out pot brownies,they were simply not available in my area. This is a goal that will have to wait until I manage to travel to Netherlands.

My father and I eventually planned to switch to vaped Cannabis over using the joints. While weed smoke has never been proven to cause lung cancer to my knowledge(some say it actually even strengthens the lungs),we knew that all the possible downsides of smoked ganja is gone from the vaped versions. Unfortunately,when a certain someone became president and started mass murdering drug users and sellers with his death squads and assassins,we were forced to abandon the idea. :(
so this is a faraway dream until either that president dies or I move to another country.

Oh well,at least lucid dreaming isn't illegal.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 18 Aug 2017 12:53

LoneDreamer wrote:Also, if it's legalized can't it be grown easily. I mean, I don't think it's hard to grow. Also, I have heard some people say that in the Vedas they are considered a precious plant.

Yes,Cannabis is easy to grow,which is why it shouldn't be legal for civilians to sell it. otherwise we will get a plethora of lazy people selling the stuff instead of looking for a legitimate job. In a country where drugs are legalized,the government and their assigned people should be the only ones allowed to sell them. This would make a lot of useful cash to help build their society.

I don't know anything about Vedas,so I sadly can't comment on that.

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 18 Aug 2017 13:34

Vedas are the oldest books/scriptures of Hinduism. They are really long scriptures. Its more about living and stuff rather than how you treat pagans. What I meant was that many ppl in my country say that Vedas said that ganja is precious and valuable medicines and stuff. So it should be legalised. As far as smoking is concerned I have read that smoking anything is not good for lungs. Also, is your prez Trump?

Return to “Off-Topic”