Teeth Whitening!

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
btifuldreamer

Teeth Whitening!

Postby btifuldreamer » 28 Jan 2015 03:12

I've noticed that during my 6 week break off school my teeth have gotten noticeably more yellow than they were so lately I've been constantly researching how to whiten them. If you guys have any experiencing with whitening your teeth and you're willing to share that would be great! I have gone the more natural way of oil puling with coconut oil. I will explain what that is and the benefits of it later if any of you are interested because this post is starting to get lengthy. So any tips on how to naturally whiten teeth would be much appreciated :D

Je-Je

Re: Teeth Whitening!

Postby Je-Je » 28 Jan 2015 21:50

You can use coal powder, it makes your teeth become white.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 24+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Jan 2015 21:56

or perhaps coat tar from the roads, easy to get off on a hot day
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 29 Jan 2015 05:59

Use hydrogen peroxide mixed with 1/2 water as a mouth wash. It's good for ones gums, cleans ones teeth, can be used to disinfect wounds or is even a fine toilet cleaner, also works ok as silver polish. You need to rinse for at least the slow count of 100.

Forgot to add that it's completely safe provided one is not swallowing a lot of it or putting it in your eye.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 05 Feb 2015 10:50

Thank you for the replies :) I have heard that hydrogen peroxide is good for the teeth. I would like to do the lemon juice on baking soda one but i can't because i have a permanent retainer and it erodes the glue. Oil pulling has been working well, i've noticed that my teeth are slightly whiter and much more glossy/shiny. I've been doing it for about 2 weeks.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Feb 2015 14:07

btifuldreamer wrote:Thank you for the replies :) I have heard that hydrogen peroxide is good for the teeth. I would like to do the lemon juice on baking soda one but i can't because i have a permanent retainer and it erodes the glue. Oil pulling has been working well, i've noticed that my teeth are slightly whiter and much more glossy/shiny. I've been doing it for about 2 weeks.

I tried the oil pulling thing once but didnt have the will power to keep it up, I did it for only about 5-6 days but I think it was starting to help.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 08 Feb 2015 08:16

taniaaust1 wrote:I tried the oil pulling thing once but didnt have the will power to keep it up, I did it for only about 5-6 days but I think it was starting to help.

Yeah, it's only 20 minutes but it feels like a long chore. I think it will have long term benefits so that's why i'm keeping it up. Hopefully white teeth is one of those benefits.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Feb 2015 22:16

Has anyone ever asked themselves why unblemished teeth are important and what purpose it serves in our continuing existence?

Well, I just did! It's a very deep, existential question philosophers have debated for centuries. :ugeek:
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 09 Feb 2015 13:18

HAGART wrote:Has anyone ever asked themselves why unblemished teeth are important and what purpose it serves in our continuing existence?

Well, I just did! It's a very deep, existential question philosophers have debated for centuries. :ugeek:

I can think of many reasons. Tell us your opinion, please..
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Feb 2015 14:57

It's to satisfy that all-important desire that plagues our psyche: 'I want to be attractive'.
White teeth is a sign of good health and vitality. White teeth attracts mates.

That's my very simple explanation.

(I want whiter teeth too, so I know what I mean) ;)

My only reason is vanity.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Off-Topic”