Group Dreaming

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Jason Tipit

Group Dreaming

Postby Jason Tipit » 13 Jun 2012 00:47

Okay so I've been LD for a while, but last night something very strange happened. I had been lucid for a while and I was just sitting in a chair observing the world. I decided to practice brining people into my dreams (I'm not as good at this as I'd like and often my dream characters change themselves into other people) As my person was fading into the scene, someone I know tackled me to the floor and dragged me outside. She told me not to do stuff like that because the other characters would know I was lucid. (My dream characters really get mad when they know I'm lucid and usually get hostile) Then she told me she was my "Dream guide" and that the dream was actually hers and she didn't understand why I was in it with her. Then she noted it could be a "group dream" where multiple people can dream together. I told her she was crazy and it was my dream, not hers. So we decided to think of a password of sorts so when we saw eachother when we were awake, we could say it and see if we actually were dreaming together. I haven't seen her yet, and I'm a bit afraid to talk to her about it because I would look really dumb if I was wrong. So I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone before? Any Advice? I don't know where I stand on the "Group dreaming fact-or-fiction" debate, I'm pretty openminded, but I don't just randomly believe this either. I thought lucid dreaming was fake until I tried it so I'm not dismissing it at the moment.

torakrubik

Re: Group Dreaming

Postby torakrubik » 13 Jun 2012 21:17

I think that yes, group dreaming is entirely possible. Whether the person you met is 'real' or just a part of the dreamworld purely is another question altogether, which doesn't have a clear answer at this stage. If you ever meet her in Waking Reality though, talk to her! :D It's interesting how you mentioned that your DC's get hostile when you're lucid; perhaps this suggests that DC's have some kind of consciousness if they are displaying a jealous/angry reaction, further supporting the idea of the DC's existing in waking reality, albeit perhaps in different forms.
Dreaming is my drug

Jason Tipit

Postby Jason Tipit » 13 Jun 2012 21:29

So your DC's don't get mad and attack you!? No fair!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 14 Jun 2012 21:13

Not so far! Maybe they are tempermental though :P
Dreaming is my drug

Jason Tipit

Postby Jason Tipit » 19 Jun 2012 15:22

Okay so i asked her. She looked at me weird and said no. :(

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 19 Jun 2012 21:12

ah well...just an elaborate trick of the mind in this case then.
Dreaming is my drug

sagaloohoo

Postby sagaloohoo » 25 Jul 2012 23:35

I understand that you have already approached her but I think this is an interesting topic. Although dreams do break many "rules" I do not believe it is possible to "group dream". Within your own subconscious mind you can do whatever you want. However, combining/ entering somebody else's subconscious mind is not possible or at least has not been scientifically proven possible. It was simply a very vivid lucid dream. As for your hostil DCs, I find that very funny. When I am having a nightmare with monsters, killers, etc. I simply tell them to stop and give them a lecture about how this is my dream and they are ruining it for me. Then usually they apologize and stop.

Eleanor

Postby Eleanor » 11 Aug 2012 12:53

I had a dream once where I knew I was dreaming, but I couldn't control any of it except myself and I was very frustrated, and then my best friend at the time popped up in a trench and I asked her why I couldn't do anything. She looked surprised and told me it was her dream, so we made up a password(I would say airplane and she would say airfy). The next day I saw her and said airplane and she said airfy then she winked at me and we both smiled really big and talked about trying to dream together, but sadly none of the other times we met. Still cool though.

Return to “Off-Topic”