What do you do besides lucid dream?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
User avatar
WildCat23
Posts: 137
Joined: 06 Feb 2012 23:27

What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby WildCat23 » 18 Jun 2012 02:48

I...

Play hockey
Guitar
Yoyo (You have to see it to believe it. It's that amazing)
Make 3d drawings of yoyos
Image
Listen to music
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 18 Jun 2012 03:14

http://youtu.be/PjqsYzBrP-M?hd=1

http://youtu.be/IyDvT7XpaBc?hd=1

8-)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
WildCat23
Posts: 137
Joined: 06 Feb 2012 23:27

Re: What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby WildCat23 » 18 Jun 2012 14:39

Quite the games you play.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 19 Jun 2012 03:15

thx 8-)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Ty8200
Posts: 105
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 08:26

Re: What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby Ty8200 » 19 Jun 2012 23:32

Worldenterer1 wrote:thx 8-)


That's my man! I was totally crazy about Skyrim. One of the best games ever.

Anyway, as for what I do besides lucid dreaming, lets see...

I like to make music, I played the guitar for about 3-4 years, but haven't recently, I now play the keyboard from time to time. I usually compose on the keyboard or guitar and create my vision with a program, it's quite the passion. Gaming of course. Listening to music, obviously. I've been wanting to get into painting, because I use to draw a lot, but never got around to it. I suppose my main focus, now that I think about it, is centered around creativity. I love to create.
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 21 Jun 2012 15:45

Ty8200 wrote:I like to make music, I played the guitar for about 3-4 years, but haven't recently, I now play the keyboard from time to time. I usually compose on the keyboard or guitar and create my vision with a program, it's quite the passion. Gaming of course. Listening to music, obviously. I've been wanting to get into painting, because I use to draw a lot, but never got around to it. I suppose my main focus, now that I think about it, is centered around creativity. I love to create.


Cool skill set!
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Ty8200
Posts: 105
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 08:26

Re: What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby Ty8200 » 21 Jun 2012 17:08

Worldenterer1 wrote:
Ty8200 wrote:I like to make music, I played the guitar for about 3-4 years, but haven't recently, I now play the keyboard from time to time. I usually compose on the keyboard or guitar and create my vision with a program, it's quite the passion. Gaming of course. Listening to music, obviously. I've been wanting to get into painting, because I use to draw a lot, but never got around to it. I suppose my main focus, now that I think about it, is centered around creativity. I love to create.


Cool skill set!


haha, thanks
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.

User avatar
WildCat23
Posts: 137
Joined: 06 Feb 2012 23:27

Re: What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby WildCat23 » 24 Jun 2012 00:15

Here's a link to show what modern yoyoing is like;

http://thegamehaschangedfilm.com/The_Game_Has_Changed/The_Game_Has_Changed_Official_Website_-_Full_Length_Film.html

I do the style with one long spinning string trick yoyo. And sometimes offstring and counterweight.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

User avatar
siddle
Posts: 15
Joined: 06 Jun 2012 15:02

Re: What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby siddle » 25 Jun 2012 22:00

hmmm...so many hobbies and activities:

Write
Play bass and drums (learning banjo)
3d art (not of yoyos...and not in CAD...so hats off to you, WildCat...I'm a hack who only knows Carrara and Poser...kind of)
Draw
Martial Arts
Way too many video games
And Skyrim...I list separately because its less a game, and more a complete lifestyle...but I think that was already addressed.
Code (Computers by profession...which means it's a hobby too....but these days skyrim kind of takes this time slot.)

Seeing a trend here. Lucid dreamers like to be creative in their waking realities. :)

And for the record....I thought "walking the dog" was a cool yoyo trick. I was so happy to have finally gotten that one down. I had no idea you could make yoyos do all that (aka--nice video!)...my one trick kinna seems lame now. :oops:
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. --Douglas Adams

User avatar
WildCat23
Posts: 137
Joined: 06 Feb 2012 23:27

Re: What do you do besides lucid dream?

Postby WildCat23 » 26 Jun 2012 14:16

siddle wrote:hmmm...so many hobbies and activities:
(Long list)

Seeing a trend here. Lucid dreamers like to be creative in their waking realities. :)

Yup. I've noticed that too.
siddle wrote:And for the record....I thought "walking the dog" was a cool yoyo trick. I was so happy to have finally gotten that one down. I had no idea you could make yoyos do all that (aka--nice video!)...my one trick kinna seems lame now. :oops:

Ah, yup, the notorious walk the dog. Nowadays, we use aluminum in our yoyos (The good ones. Some are still made of plastic. Some are also made of more costly metals such as Titanium or Magnesium) so that's a no-no. There are some good $15 plastic yoyo's out there though (About the cheapest you'll find for a solid plastic bearing yoyo). There's things in yoyoing that most people probably wouldn't even think is possible. I don't remember if that video talked about unresponsive play, but its the standard in modern yoyoing.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest