Lucid dreaming as topic for video game ?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
SGraham

Lucid dreaming as topic for video game ?

Postby SGraham » 19 Jun 2012 16:42

I am a big video game player and i'm also big on thinking about plots for video games id like to play.
any way i thought a really cool video game would be sorta like inception the game except not with inceptions characters and plot. more just a video game with the whole industrial ispionage and dreams just different characters. i figured your character would be a scientist on the brink of discovering unlimited energy in the form of nuclear power. but then you find your mind being infiltrated and its your job to figure out who.

just an idea,

P.S. some of my favorite games : both Half-Lifes , Bioshock , Crysis, and minecraft .
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

siddle

Re: Lucid dreaming as topic for video game ?

Postby siddle » 20 Jun 2012 18:14

Well, my take is that every game I play is like a lucid dream.
Especially when a boss is gnawing on my head while I'm firing some alien modified M4 looking AR, and I become "aware" that I'm in trouble and have few bullets left...but that's ok, I can just restart from the checkpoint if I die! :)

Anyway, my addition to this wonderful idea to make an LD game, would be to do it in stages, kind of like Spore. You start by changing colour plates or alter frequency patterns in a "void" that is mostly 2-dimensional...by the end of the game, you are free running on the moon (in at least 8 dimensions) while you contemplate connected consciousness....ooh...yeah...I guess multiplayer mode couldn't happen until you achieved the hyper-lucidity levels, tho, could it? ha!
I guess that would only address the dream sequences though...the hook could be that the scientist is walking through new configurations of consciousness, in an attempt to clear each false awakening level. Each one has a boss (of course) which after defeated...gives you new dream abilities.

The possibilities are endless, actually. Good idea. Keep it up, SGrahm.
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. --Douglas Adams

SGraham

Re: Lucid dreaming as topic for video game ?

Postby SGraham » 21 Jun 2012 17:41

Yeah thats a great idea ! i was thinking of something along the idea of after every level you get to choose between to abillites . such as either having super strength or super speed.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Return to “Off-Topic”