Malala and Terrorism

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Knife

Re: Malala and Terrorism

Postby Knife » 10 Jun 2016 23:41

Man I'd love to jump into one of these theist vs atheist topics, I'll wait around til the right opportunity occurs. ;)
Inherit the earth

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Jun 2016 00:25

Pilgrim wrote:Okay, Summerlander, I understand that you want to help me and others. I like talking to you because you seem real, like Hagart. I do not like false and bad things that Christians say too, so I am glad that you call out things that are wrong.

Of course. These things should definitely be pointed out. Don't think I'm ruling out the idea of a Creator of the universe completely. I'm just saying such is highly hypothetical. As I said before, even deists have all their work ahead of them in making the notion of a non-interfering Creator completely plausible. My atheism is merely a position of disbelief. It just means I remain unconvinced. ;-)

Knife wrote:Man I'd love to jump into one of these theist vs atheist topics, I'll wait around til the right opportunity occurs. ;)

Feel free to say anything that comes to mind regarding this discussion. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Knife

Postby Knife » 11 Jun 2016 00:40

Summerlander wrote:Feel free to say anything that comes to mind regarding this discussion. 8-)

I'm a bit not sober at the moment, will do when the time is right :lol:
Inherit the earth

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Jun 2016 00:44

LoL! I'm buzzing right now! :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 11 Jun 2016 01:20

Knife wrote:Man I'd love to jump into one of these theist vs atheist topics, I'll wait around til the right opportunity occurs. ;)

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 11 Jun 2016 01:21

Absolutely, Knife, Summerlander and I feel alone arguing sometimes!

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 11 Jun 2016 01:25

Summerlander wrote:Don't think I'm ruling out the idea of a Creator of the universe completely. ....It just means I remain unconvinced. ;-)
)

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 11 Jun 2016 01:28

I like how you reason and use your mind. Did your view of probability that God exists increase from 0.001% to 0.015%? :)

Editing to add: More seriously, I do realize that both of us are posturing with evidence that supports our general conclusions. I am not discussing what are the biggest challenges for me, say with regards to the Bible. I suspect that you present evidence too more consistent with your conclusions. The net balance for a reader is is probably useful.
Last edited by Pilgrim on 11 Jun 2016 03:58, edited 2 times in total.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 11 Jun 2016 01:32

Summerlander wrote: I must say, after having read Unweaving The Rainbow, I couldn't agree more with Richard Dawkins. Reality is far more exciting and more people should look into science before deciding, prematurely, that it's just boring.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 11 Jun 2016 01:34

I can read this book next in my list if you recommend it. I just started Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self.

Return to “Off-Topic”