Malala and Terrorism

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: Malala and Terrorism

Postby Summerlander » 25 Apr 2017 16:02

So I'm on chapter 11 of Voltaire's Candide---a fictional tale with historically accurate elements---and learning a lot. But besides the philosophy of characters like Dr. Pangloss, one also learns something about the author ...

For example, the old woman who claims to be the Princess of Palestrina is also the daughter of Pope Urban X. I've never heard of such a pope and decided to check out if he was real. He's not; there was a Pope Urban VIII but never a X. Why wouldn't Voltaire use a real pope? He enlightened writer was being prudent as the pontiff in his story has an adulterine child.

In 1829, a posthumous footnote was added to an edition of Candide:

'Notice how exceedingly discreet our author is. There has so far been no Pope called Urban X. He hesitates to ascribe a bastard to an actual Pope. What a discretion! What a tender conscience he shows!'

The Princess of Palestrina was also captured and dishonoured by Muslim pirates and taken to Morocco where the Alaouite Emperor Muley-Ismael ruled. This 'warrior king' is historically known to have used thousands of Christian slaves---seized by Barbary pirates when they attacked Western Europe---to build his capital. Thanks to the European slaves, who used materials taken from ancient Roman ruins at Volubilis, the Moors were able to bask in their improved territories full of majestic gates, mosques, gardens and madrasas.

What I find idiotic in this day and age is how the Western world appears to adhere to this 'politically correct' appeasement of Islam instead of being vocal against it as persistently as Afro-Americans remind us of their forefathers' enslavement in the New World and the prevalence of racism. I know why! Because where religion is concerned, people hesitate and tremble ...

Even Voltaire felt the need to be discreet ...
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 May 2017 01:09

A bomb in Manchester?

I'm not surprised that another ISLAMIC terrorist atrocity has taken place in the UK only a month since the Westminster attack. These attacks are getting so frequent that more and more slip through the counter-terrorist net of foiled plots.

I only have this to say:

It makes perfect sense that they attack our children. Our children represent future generations of more infidels according to the Qur'an. Make no mistake about it---once more, religion, which is poisonous, has driven people to commit insane acts. So fuck the Muslim Charity Human Appeal and their prayers; and fuck those who have given them a voice right after this atrocity. How insensitive can you be to the victims' families?

Shame on the so-called moderate Muslims for legitimising and cherry-picking a barbaric book which is responsible for this evil and madness. How many more have to die until you realise that the book of horrors that is the Qur'an is a bunch of lies and myths? There are better and secular sources of morality, ethics and deontology. Religion, namely Islam, provides quite the opposite, and those who pretend it doesn't only provide fertile ground for religious fanatics.

How many more have to die?

I understand why they commit suicide-homicide. Because that's what the Qur'an says you have to do in order to bypass judgement and access the highest of heavens. The doctrine of martyrdom and Jihad are perfect explanations. Outbreeding the infidels is the least the moderates can do to ensure the proliferation of the only set of rules they really respect: Sharia law.

Sadiq Khan is another Muslim twat. No major city should have to go through atrocities like this and there are many major cities like London that have not endured this. Terror attacks are not normal and should never be 'part and parcel' of aby region on the planet. I'd like to see him say that to the victims' families.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 May 2017 02:24

Where is Christopher Hitchens when you need him?

There is a wealth of information out there which I've only just began to tap into in my thirties and I only wish I had paid more attention to it as a teenager. There is so much to learn and very little time on this earth.

I see many teenagers wasting their time learning egocentric rap lyrics and despising books about science, philosophy, history, politics, linguistics, art and cosmology. Don't get me wrong---I'm all for having fun, but there is a thrilling enlightenment to be discovered by young minds and many haven't even begun to learn to contemplate.

Instead, they reckon they've already got the world sussed out the minute their parents give them permission to drink alcoholic beverages, to smoke or to experiment with drugs. And you'll get a nasty umbrage alongside teenage angst if you dare to expose their naivety.

Mind-altering substances can, in fact, help to expand one's psyche and aid some to be more creative or to think outside the box. But there is a distinction to be made here when it comes to drug taking: there is using and there is abusing. Many youngsters fall into the latter category and some adults are equally irresponsible.

Substances are only good when taken responsibly and in moderation. But they aren't even required to reach sublime states of mind. There are other ways such as meditation---which is safer and healthier. Lucid dreaming is another enlightening cognitive tool! I'm a firm believer in the dangers posed by drugs. They can lead young minds astray through addiction and on a collision course with lethal intoxication.

But this isn't the biggest threat---and it wouldn't even be a minor threat if people kept themselves informed about relevant realities! The biggest threat is the poisoning of fledgling minds by eschatological ideologies. Scientific FACTS tend to be thought of as 'boring' and too confusing for young children. Instead, many parents believe religion provides the simplest explanations.

But 'sacred scripture' was written by men who lived in the Middle Ages, when humankind knew less about the universe. So-called holy books are the tribalistic ramblings of ancient, barbaric minds. The Torah, the Bible and the Qur'an were authored by men with the intent to control the masses.

They were pretentious liars speaking with a false sense of certainty and forbidding any inquisition of their doctrines. Their word in the 21st century should be regarded as a prevarication along with the Greek and Roman mythoi. Instead, they are taken to be 'revelations' and the power of misguided belief persuades many to commit crimes against humanity. And there are those who obstinately, and repulsively, continue to apologise for such faiths both in the East and the West.

It is time to wake up or we will perish in our 'sleep'.

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 30 May 2017 02:01

The motion: Islam is a religion of peace
https://youtu.be/rh34Xsq7D_A

ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE

The first speaker, Zeba Khan, spouted a lot of nonsense and used false analogies in her apology of the 'death cult' she subscribes to. First of all, the violence and suicide-homicide used by the Tamil Tigers---who called themselves Hindus---was never sanctioned by any sacred scripture in Hinduism. The same cannot be said about Islam in regards to ISIS. We cannot say that the Islamic State is wholly motivated by politics when its members point to the Qur'an as the main reason why they are waging their Jihad. And what do we find when we open the Qur'an? Sura after sura, chapter after chapter, promulgating and glorifying martyrdom, the killing of infidels, and the dissemination of Allah's word in order to spread the religion far and wide. Islam is not a religion of peace. It is a religion of war and conquest.

The Muslims who also helped in the aftermath of 9/11 could have done so out of a humanitarian sense and not because they adhere to Islam. Khan is a specious and conniving little bitch who will accuse those who criticise Islam in general to be siding with, and agreeing with, Salafism, Wahabism and Islamic terrorism! What a load of bosh! I do not side with anyone who claims to adhere to Islam and cannot fully trust them when they have Taqiyya (the concession of deception to nonbelievers) as one of their tenets.

And I do think the ISIS member is one of the most sophisticated followers of Islam---thus, I hold Islam in contempt as I do other religions. The moderate Muslim is guilty of cherrypicking a bad book and of apologising for a bad ideology. They are also guilty when they refuse to acknowledge that their faith is utterly problematic and at odds with the civilised world. Muslims believe the only way to be saved is through Islam and this gives many of them a patronising, holier-than-thou attitude. And whenever I've tried to address these issues with them (moderates), I get a non-riposte that completely shuts down rational conversation along with a special claim to umbrage.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali said it like it is: Why is the motion 'ISLAM is a religion of peace' and not Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism etc.? And it was too convenient for Khan to fail to mention Jihad---the central tenet of Islam and the motivational impetus behind its successful dispersal. Today, Majid Nawaz is trying to encourage his fellow Muslims to reform Islam. Since it's not going away (any time soon) it is the least humanistic people like him can do. But I don't think reformers have enough power in the world stage as they tend to be attacked by all sides, i.e. Islamists, Jihadists, moderates and, last but certainly not least, Western pseudo-liberals and/or the regressive Left.

Adherents of Islam simply cannot keep it together! Why? Because the Qur'an and the Hadith are amoral, immoral, contradictory and mostly vile. Religion is especially problematic when it flaunts a Muhammadan shade. I loved it when Douglas Murray stated everything wrong with Islam in one fell swoop---especially where the Prophet Muhammad is supposed to be such a great role model! (Sarcasm intended!) To reiterate, the bad verses in the Qur'an supercede the good ones both in cogency and number. It is not a good psychological recipe for human beings---both those brainwashed since childhood as well as the converted.

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Jun 2017 02:39

THE DESERTERS OF MUHAMMADANISM

The media has fallen prey to the pseudo-liberal and obscurantist propaganda which only warns about 'Islamophobia'---not exclusively in the aftermath of Jihadist atrocities---but conveniently fails to mention ordeals undergone by apostates of Islam.

If Islam is not a problematic and pernicious ideology, why is it that a person's journey out of it tends to be far riskier than that of former members of other major theisms? Why is it that the Ex-Muslim has a higher probability of recounting a story of violence and death threats from his or her former community? Addressing these questions leads one to arrive at the inescapable conclusion that Islam is far from peaceful and ecumenical. It seems that the allure of a fairytale describing the faithful followers of Allah warring against Shaytan and His gentile armies is responsible for scores of Muslims exhibiting divisive and unreasonably defensive behaviour.

Sarah Haider, the head of the Ex-Muslims of North America organisation, believes that 'militant atheism' can persuade some religious people to reassess their faith---a step that can lead them to discover that their beliefs lack defensible points. Additionally, neuroscientist Sam Harris argues that the OFFENCE the religious take over criticism of their cherished ideologies is nothing but a symptom of not having a counterargument.

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jun 2017 01:32

Voltaire was undoubtedly wise, sapient, perceptive and well ahead of his time. In Zadig he conveys the problems with multiculturalism. (If only Tony Blair had familiarised himself with the French philosopher's literary work before his ministerial tenure!)

Zadig, the protagonist, is, initially, happy to see so many people from different countries brought together at a great fair in Balzora. But soon these individuals clash as their backgrounds, customs and beliefs differ immensely---illustrating how, as much as the cosmopolitan ideal is attractive, human beings  simply aren't mature and reasonable enough to unify in such multicultural mingle-mangle.

Perhaps multiculture isn't the answer. Truth, and an overall adherence to it, is what's necessary for societal integrity and progress.

- Padmasambhava

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 16 Jun 2017 02:47

Summerlander wrote:Voltaire was undoubtedly wise, sapient, perceptive and well ahead of his time. In Zadig he conveys the problems with multiculturalism. (If only Tony Blair had familiarised himself with the French philosopher's literary work before his ministerial tenure!)

Zadig, the protagonist, is, initially, happy to see so many people from different countries brought together at a great fair in Balzora. But soon these individuals clash as their backgrounds, customs and beliefs differ immensely---illustrating how, as much as the cosmopolitan ideal is attractive, human beings  simply aren't mature and reasonable enough to unify in such multicultural mingle-mangle.

Perhaps multiculture isn't the answer. Truth, and an overall adherence to it, is what's necessary for societal integrity and progress.

I don't believe multiculturalism is an answer; I don't believe any culture is an answer for anything. If anything, cultural beliefs (not cultural ties like food, dress, etc) ho;d us back from progressing. It's already obvious in places where two extremely different cultures are thrown together, they don't mix. Birds of a feather flock together, and this statement applies to people. Such as the muslim immigrants to the UK, msny live in bubble communities where they do not come in contact with any other non-muslims in their daily lives. An area that I live near, there is a really big orthodox jewish community and they will not talk to you unless you are orthodox jewish as well. Im sure overseas, American expats live in communities where they do not interact and they alienate themselves and others.

Anyways, the reason I feel multiculturalism interferes with our advancement as an society is ideological clashing. Look at even in the US, smaller more conservative religious cultures hold us back with legislature for abortion, illegal drugs, immigration, etc.

I hope I got my point across somewhat legibly, I just had a bit of a smoke :lol:
Good luck,
Dream on.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Jun 2017 11:29

I share your sentiments and I think you expressed your thoughts beautifully. Maybe the smoke helped! I do that myself sometimes and then I find that my mind goes to unusual 'places'. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Jun 2017 22:30

Everyone should listen to this conversation about what we are up against:

https://youtu.be/zKqho3FsjpU

We are not just facing a pernicious ideology. We face the propaganda from both sides: the Islamic State and the weaponised pseudo-liberalism of the West. They also touch upon the myth of online recruitment! The truth here is scrutable for anyone who dares to investigate.

We don't need to hear about Muslims helping in the aftermath of atrocities or decrying the Islamic State---as is often reported on the news like it's some sort of state-of-the-art moral achievement. Anybody with a good heart, sense and ethics will objurgate the killing of innocent children! Even narcissists like President Donald Trump will want to be publicly seen reprobating such actions. (And he has done so when kids were gassed by the premptory Syrian Arab Republic and when Salman Abedi---an attendee of the Manchester Islamic Centre---bombed an Ariana Grande concert almost a month ago.)

What Muslims need to do is to stop lying about certain obnoxious tenets within Islam---ascertainable by anybody curious enough to purchase a copy of the Qur'an---and to start being serious and honest about Islamic exegesis. There aren't enough Muslim reformers like Majid Nawaz in my opinion.

The podcast is quite insightful and extremely interesting ...

- Padmasambhava

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 05 Aug 2017 04:09

How is everyone?
Good luck,
Dream on.

Return to “Off-Topic”