The Second Coming of Nesgirl

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: The Second Coming of Nesgirl

Postby Summerlander » 09 Mar 2017 12:02

Parthenogenesis! I remember talking to someone on this site ages ago about it. Interesting that Sims provides such choices for its players. I find it more intriguing than the supernatural option because the former is quite unusual but mundane whereas the latter can just be used as an outright escape from reality. 8-)

I hope this doesn't irk you, lucide, but nesgirl talked about parthenogenesis, too. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 09 Mar 2017 22:03

Except the Sims supernatural give your Sims lucid dream powers and abilities, so it makes it that much more fun. I like a good video game where you can pretend you are in a lucid dream. It also allowed your Sims to make brews made out of magic mushrooms with hilarious side effects (and yes, I mean the psychedelic ones, one side effect would cause a Sim to turn in to a depressed clown).
Also there are other ways to torture your sims besides killing them, did you know this? With my enemies, sometimes I put them on the Sims and humiliate them. Like a few times, I stripped the Sims of the clothes, and put them in front of a group of Sims. The Sims ran off in a panic after I did that.
I bet she talked about it, but parthenogenesis is a harmless function that exists in this video game. If you need to know how you use it, you go into debug mode with testingCheatsEnabled true. Right click on your Sim, and then you tell the game you want your Sim to become pregnant with her own child. The child becomes a girl, and effectively a complete clone of the mother. The only parent is the mother, because that is how parthenogenesis works.
Samwise would probably enjoy The Sims 3 Seasons. In the fall, there's a haunted house your Sim can walk into for fun, but it can sometimes result in really horrifying consequences.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 07 Apr 2017 20:59

Alright Summerlander, you know who I am! You read my dream journal and you know who I am. So I will admit defeat. Do me a favor, and just don't expose what was in that dream journal, it would be SO embarrassing.
I am highly considering erasing my dream journal, for my sanity's sake anyway.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Apr 2017 22:59

Don't worry, lucide. I won't. You have my word on that. Besides, I don't think you have anything to be ashamed of. You did what you thought was right. You're fine. You haven't been defeated in any way. Welcome back! :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 08 Apr 2017 01:41

Your alter ego reminds me of what I used to argue against back when I was a teenager working at as the assistant manager at my job years ago. My boss and I got along really well. The only problem was he believed in ghosts. When I started having very different WILD inductions when I was in high school, and had very unique experiences with those WILDs, he also used to tell me I was turning into a ghost. I would get into very fierce debates and arguments with him all the time, and would try to provide evidence against him. When I learned what a lucid dream was, I used to go to the library and check out lucid dreaming books to use as evidence against him, and read to him the pages that talked about the WILD technique. He'd still fight back against me with his ghost books.

I was thinking the dream spying and dream meshing lucid dreams would get to you, but you aren't attacking me. That's really unusual.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Apr 2017 02:02

Nah I don't want to make you or anyone feel uncomfortable if I can help it. It's not even about me showing quarter because I don't think you've been defeated in any way, shape or form. You speak your mind and I like that about you.

Your boss was jumping to unwarranted conclusions about your WILDs there. There is no evidence that such experiences are soul travels, real out-of-body experiences, astral projection or anything of that sort. His ghost books must have been full of apocryphal anecdotes. That's not evidence. Unfortunately, there are many like him out there. :)

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 08 Apr 2017 04:27

I did a couple of times end up dream spying at work a few times. It was confirmed when I ended up reading the newspaper or when I managed to see a couple of employees in a different hallway spilling soda in a lucid dream (they weren't too happy with me when I unintentionally confirmation biased that lucid dream to my boss). Sure I might have had some lucid dreams of things that were currently happening, but it was merely gamblers luck I had those lucid dreams. Users must realize dream spying (has the term dream in it) is not the same as ghosts and such lucid dreams can happen but it depends on the odds.
I am not going to argue against someone if they want to believe in what they want, because maybe someday science really will invent superpowers. The superpowers would have super consequences, like flying would cause the bends and hypothermia, super strength would just end up killing someone, and with invisibility or intangibility, you will be temporarily be blind while using it since light cannot reflect off of your eyes. You also have to think about how many lawsuits these superpowers would end up costing because of the consequences physics would have on them. If I choose to believe my personal experiences are lucid dreams, then they are lucid dreams, and no user can convince me otherwise for what I want my personal experiences to be (the reason why I know they are lucid dreams, is because I realize if the abilities I had in some way existed in real life, it would be unpleasant. . )

So I have a question, what are you going to do with that joke website you created? You know there are going to be some users who believe in that kind of thing.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Apr 2017 00:14

I've had lucid dreams like that. I visited people in OBEs and when I recounted my experiences to them they 'confirmed' a few details. It seemed that I had seen what was on their minds at the time. We might speculate that lucid dreaming could enable a form of 'quantum entanglement' of minds facilitated by the geomagnetic field---akin to the hypothesis proposed by professor Michael Persinger. But there is no concrete or reliable evidence to support that. Confirmation bias is still the best candidate.

By the way ... What joke website? :)

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 21 Apr 2017 01:17

Summerlander wrote:I've had lucid dreams like that. I visited people in OBEs and when I recounted my experiences to them they 'confirmed' a few details. It seemed that I had seen what was on their minds at the time. We might speculate that lucid dreaming could enable a form of 'quantum entanglement' of minds facilitated by the geomagnetic field---akin to the hypothesis proposed by professor Michael Persinger. But there is no concrete or reliable evidence to support that. Confirmation bias is still the best candidate.

By the way ... What joke website? :)

So, you've had lucid dreams where you've witnessed a crime scene or seen a partial flooding before? Read a book, notes, the board, magazine, or a Pokemon card? Gone to a movie with lucid dream friends (meshing)? Toured an unknown place? (and back then, it was pretty well confirmed I did those things, a little too confirmed as I was criticized for it too often). I didn't just visit others in lucid dreams, I attempted "dream meshing" with some lucid dream friends who also had the same type of lucid dream I was having (if the symbols are extremely similar to another lucid dreamer's then experimenting with meshing is a really good idea). That's completely different from just visiting characters.
Well then if you have done all that in your lucid dreams just like I have, then I don't feel so horrible for all those lucky breaks I had. Actually I still find it rather fun I managed to figure out that they rearranged a random magazine in the other room in my lucid dream during that EEG, when they were trying to fool me with that.
This joke website: http://quantumdisclosure.com/dream-theory.html

I was trying to tell this one user that the difference between a lucid dream and turning into a ghost is one is a lucid dream and the other was a non-lucid dream although the latter could be used as a dream control in a lucid dream, and she really got upset with me, implying I was arrogant and rude.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Apr 2017 08:39

You shouldn't feel bad for those experiences---I've been there, too. I also 'witnessed' a crime scene. I had the lucid dream then it seemed to happen two weeks later at exactly the same place involving same people. Some might call that 'precognition'.

By the way, that's not my website. I think it belongs to Domintheos. :)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”