Husk of What Once Was

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
DreamerMan99

Husk of What Once Was

Postby DreamerMan99 » 17 Apr 2017 04:08

An incessant rolling sea upon a beach, grinding stones to sand
the force of time, hollowing out a young human to a frail decaying one
even the slow, burnout of an idea slowly fading to the back of the collective consciousness of humanity

What happened to this forum? Did people just stop giving a shit, or did everyone move to another?
Good luck,
Dream on.

lucidé

Re: Husk of What Once Was

Postby lucidé » 17 Apr 2017 04:48

About 1/4 of the people on here believed in the supernatural or a religion. Because they got a really good thrashing for saying anything about it, they couldn't handle it and left. Many people really don't like arguing about that kind of thing, and would prefer to live in their own reality. They really don't want to their personal hopes and wishes crushed by anyone, as that might be just as devastating to someone as losing something valuable that they cannot ever get back.
But as well, most online forums are suffering the same problems as this one is. I think it is because of both Youtube, Google, and Facebook. Often you can talk about subjects like this on just one video or on one Facebook page, but you can also go to multiple facebook pages, and have multiple interests. In short, many single interest websites are beginning to die off. One of the reasons why when I created Lutopia, I thought about combining several different interests, because I knew if I didn't, I wouldn't stand a chance.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Mythos

Postby Mythos » 20 Apr 2017 05:59

So have I stepped into the ruins of what once was? Is there still hope to find a few people interested enough in dreams and lucid dreaming to have decent discussions and potential friendships happen? Or is my time being wasted here?

A few years ago I had a group of dreamers that would meet twice a month and all we'd do is talk about what we dreamed of and what we intended to dream of. Those were the most inspiring and enlightening years of my life. The group fell apart, however, as people became too deeply entangled in the day to day rat race to focus on dreaming. I even fell victim it and haven't wholly committed myself to dreaming for a few years now. I really hoped that I'd find passionate dreamers here.
Wishing you pleasant days and lucid nights.

Mythos

Postby Mythos » 20 Apr 2017 06:04

I'm back. :D If there some other form of online discussion that would either supplement our dream goals or another place that dedicated dreamers might migrate to to form a more cozy community? I must admit that this forum seems a bit vast.
But not facebook. I loathe facebook with a pyroclastic passion.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 20 Apr 2017 06:43

Back when I was in high school, same thing. I used to meet with a group of friends who had lucid dreams as well. We even went as far as to attempt dream meshing with each other. Then we separated as they moved away, and the last one I had left died 3 years ago. So I don't really have anyone left like those 3 anymore to talk to about my lucid dreams. I'd never try dream meshing with anyone I didn't know really well, just because I think most of them would have other interests in mind if they saw my physical appearance.

As far as feeling welcome, there are issues with many users leaving. There is an alarming increase with users much more often making "private" or "friends only" facebook accounts now, because some users feel like they could be attacked or even locked up in the psych ward just because of who or what they are. It really feels like society is filled with extremely strict rules now, and if you don't obey them, you get locked in the psych ward. This is probably why many people are hiding from society.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Mythos

Postby Mythos » 20 Apr 2017 07:15

I hadn't considered that people might be afraid to be public and open with their dreams. It makes sense as to why the dreamers seem to be disappearing. I don't suppose many want to carry the potentially negative stigma that comes with being an avid dreamer. When I think back on some of my own conversations with 'non dreamers' they did manage to make me feel as if I were weird to be excited about dreaming. Could be that maybe that even has a little to do with why I drifted away from it myself. What ever the reason I left dreaming behind, I want to dive back into it. I hope I haven't chosen to dive too late.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 20 Apr 2017 15:58

Actually what you are saying is very much true about people being afraid to open up and talk about their lucid dreams.
People judge "too much" if something unknown or peculiar happens in someone's dream, and then they bash on that person. 10 years ago, I had my own website, and used to be pretty open about talking about my lucid dreams. However, I had many incidents of dream spying (where I would have dreams about things that were currently happening somewhere else. This is completely based off of the laws of chance), and dream meshing (my friends, because they also had incidents of dream spying and characteristics in their lucid dreams that nearly matched mine, we were able to program our dreams to be similar. Many times we even matched conversations, symbols, and/or spying. The laws of chance don't exclude that either). Of course the users on that website didn't understand how the gambler's fallacy could possibly work in a person's favor, so I got criticized a lot for posting them. I ended up being forced because of the many complaints I received over that to shut that website down and getting banned from the server. Even though I post my lucid dreams now on a private dream journal, I still have to be careful of what types of dream spying/dream meshing lucid dreams I put on there, so I edited down some of my entries so I wouldn't get judged over them. One of them wasn't really much, and I had some Islamic people threaten me in Arabian, saying they were going to have my journal shut down if I didn't erase my entry (threatening me over a lucid dream? It isn't like the meshed lucid dream I had where my friends and I found a cave in the mountains with them having a secreting meeting and I found out what they were saying was real, which I wrote down. ) . It has gotten to the point where I have had to hide my lucid dreams on another website, where no one will ever find them, because if they found them, DISASTER.

Despite the fact that I have to be careful when talking about my lucid dreams, and I cannot talk about them around very many others, in multimedia, I am inventing "Lutopia" instead. Instead of it being a lucid dream necessarily, it is an alternate reality which upon entry, it is easily recognizable as Lutopia (every character and person identifies Lutopia as soon as they enter it. It is never a "where am I?" situation even for a 3 year old). With the no consequences, especially the scientific ones, and the complete freedom from reality. I told others in my multimedia class they can do anything they want. It's always fun with my classmate and the professor, hearing about what they would do if they entered Lutopia. I am starting off small with just the cartoons, but one day, I hope to evolve it all the way into a virtual reality. Then anyone really can visit Lutopia.

Mythos

Postby Mythos » 20 Apr 2017 19:23

Well hell. All of that is just terrible. I never knew that lucid dreaming could cause such problems. Myself, I never managed to take my dreaming to such heights so I never felt threatened. I can't even fathom what you must have went through. At least all that negativity didn't entirely stop you. Bravo to that.

Lutopia sounds completely amazing. When it does become a fully realized virtual reality don't forget to let me know. I'd love to experience it. Till then I hope the negativity you (and all of us) have experienced will not drain the dreamer out of you. I think we're getting to be few and far between, practically an endangered species by the sounds of it.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 20 Apr 2017 20:50

My lucid dreaming friend from the east once posted a dream spying lucid dream of hers on Youtube. She even mocked the Spongebob theme song with them singing Spongebob dreaming pants, showing that lucid dreaming episode where Spongebob does the reality check and then he's walking around dream Bikini Bottom. They banned her account, because they told her that her dreaming habits were extremely offensive to the users on there.
Well the negativity doesn't stop me from lucid dreaming, but I don't talk in great detail about what I do during some of my dream spying or meshing lucid dreams as much anymore, as I don't want to offend users anymore.
One reason why I don't have my lucid dream friends to talk to anymore is that most of them moved away, and the other is one of them is literally dead. Life just happens.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Apr 2017 22:54

Perhaps I'm partly responsible for people running away with their tails between their legs. I am ultra-sceptical about the paranormal besides being an anti-theist and secularist. :mrgreen:

But I do disseminate methods for lucid dreaming and encourage the practice altogether. I don't know about other people but lucid dreaming has had a positive effect on me. There has been talk of lucid dreaming having therapeutic potential but perhaps the schizophrenic should steer clear of it. Meditation has been scientifically proven to be beneficial but perhaps certain individuals with specific health problems---like heart arrhythmias---should avoid beginning the practice whilst they are afflicted. (Or have subtle approaches ab initio.) :geek:

I was once insensitive to someone here. Then she had the balls to return. I applaud her. Now I'm sensitive to her because I feel like it. It's the husk of what once was ... :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”