Organic Food

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Organic Food

Postby HAGART » 09 Nov 2017 17:33

Great reply. I never expected that. :mrgreen:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 09 Nov 2017 20:44

We have a lot to learn about the universe. I'm excited what other revelations will come in my lifetime.
Good luck,
Dream on.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Nov 2017 01:04

And they seem to be coming at a faster rate than before, too. But I wonder if we'll ever be able to satisfactorily explain two things: The existence of reality and consciousness. :shock:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Nov 2017 23:06

I know what you mean. Why is there anything at all? It makes no sense.
We are just the Universe perceiving itself which is a paradox we simply are not equipt to understand because of the very fact that your thoughts are limited to the speed of light, composed of the very stuff it's trying to perceive. You would have to change your concept of time and see the Universe for what it really is: everything is and always is and every possibility is all at once, but with the illusion of memory, we perceive it linearly, unable to pinpoint the exact moment of change, so life might as well be a movie with frame rates, yet most is left on the cutting room floor, forgotten, yet it all seems like a seamless story of life....

So yea, those are my thoughts about organic food.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2017 23:46

You win the best post on organic food, then! 8-)

Also, an important philosophical addition: How can absolute nothingness ever be? We can't even imagine such state (no space-time). It seems impossible or it makes no sense. What's nothing like? Not like anything and certainly the opposite of organic food. The opposite to existence? So it doesn't exist? How can nothing ever be? Be what? It can't ... :geek:

Further thoughts on organic food. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 13 Nov 2017 05:39

I like food for sleep energy.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Nov 2017 23:06

Especially cheese. But I try not to eat too much before bedtime otherwise my metabolism will be on overdrive and actually waste more energy on digestion than gain it. Green tea appears to help with gaining lucidity---most probably a placebo because it makes me think of the ancient Chinese drinking it before practising dream yoga. :idea:

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Nov 2017 01:27

It's probably the caffeine in green tea. Mind awake; body asleep, is the classic bifecta for lucid dreaming.
Can't discount the placebo affect of your delusory imagination however.

One thing I learned about yesterday is, Phytic Acid and how it can block our ability to absorb nutrients. I just heard of it yesterday, so know very little, but am already thinking, "Why is this not taught in schools?!" It would have been more helpful than Dodge Ball, just saying.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Nov 2017 12:27

In England they like to sugar-coat things for kids. No mention of the horrors of Phytic acid. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 22 Nov 2017 16:37

Hey Summerlander,
Despite your views on this (I can't take a side,I simply don't know enough about the topic,but you've opened my eyes nonetheless. I once considered eating on organic if I ever became wealthy,but now I must seriously research before thinking of implementation if the cons truly outweigh the pros,as you've said),would you agree that buying legitimately high quality vitamins and health supplements (I use the term "legitimate" because I'm aware there is a ton of fraud in the supplements industry. thankfully,I know some good sources) is still worth it for rich individuals who plan to live a very hedonistic lifestyle in order to mitigate the cons of their chosen life path?

Something mildly related,but I did learn long ago that "Paleo" is nothing more than an unsustainable fad,and like many other "diets" (especially low-carb diets)out there,is largely horseshit. Here's a video that does a very good job of explaining this truth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4LGrKjfTc

Now if only someone would invent a machine that directly counts the calories on your plate,then I can seriously get started with trimming down. I already have the info I need for a successful weight loss journey but counting calories as of now is a major pain in the ass. :x

There is actually already a cup that measures the calorie content of your beverage called "the vessyl"
https://www.myvessyl.com/

I suppose its only a matter of time before a machine that counts solid food comes out. If nothing else,I suppose I could hire someone to count the calories for me,but I'd probably have to get somewhat financially wealthy to do that :lol:

BTW I agree with your views on using genetic engineering to better our future generations. I honestly don't see anything wrong with giving your offspring the best genes you can give them to succeed in life. A lot of people spend nearly their entire lives just to survive on a miserable 9-5 job,because they lack the skills(and/or determination)to go further than that. There is nothing wrong with sparing your kids such a fate.

Something else I gotta say,and I imagine many will disagree or even get upset at what I'm about to say,but if you look at yourself and you notice a lot of serious flaws/traits in you that could be passed down to your children that may put them at a serious disadvantage in life,pls consider adopting instead. That way,you not only prevent the risk of creating a helpless being cursed with bad genes,but you save a child from a potential life of misery in foster care as well. (Though be sure to take good parenting training and work to mitigate whatever personality flaws you may have before going this path so you could raise the children as best as you can. Everybody should do this,but sadly the average parent doesn't,hence why they often screw up with raising their kids.)

Or...you could go childfree and live however you want instead. the advice above is really only for those who truly want children despite knowing the downsides of parenthood. Living the childfree life is the path I've chosen for myself,and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it,despite the sheep who will try to insult and pressure you just because they can't handle someone who has made different life choices than themselves and defied the "Lifescript"

Return to “Off-Topic”