Organic Food

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
24/7/365

Re: Organic Food

Postby 24/7/365 » 24 Nov 2017 20:05

I like soup of energy with chicken atoms.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2017 17:06

Sure, by all means, if you have the dosh and your goal is to be healthy, nothing wrong with the pursuit of proper supplements---especially if hedonism is your chosen lifestyle. That can certainly be done without organic food. Forget low-carb diets---we essentially need carbohydrates!---actually, forget any sort of diet. A person can remain healthy by taking everything in reasonable moderation. Unless, of course, one's body develops allergies or zero tolerance for certain pabula. If you really want to maintain a healthy BMI, Slimming World can provide a good strategy for lowering your calory ingestion, but your shopping bill will go up. I seen acquaintances verifying its efficacy and I really can't speak for other putative methods. :|

I'm glad you see the value of eugenics---even if it has acquired a stigma since the Holocaust; what people forget is that the Hitlerian elite were very anti-scientific when it came to genetic engineering: there is no such thing as a pure breed---'Aryan' is just a superficial image and a racist concept by the Nazis. If only the German people had known that Kevin Bacon is genetically closer to Barack Obama than Brad Pitt! It is true that some are genetically better endowed than others, but sometimes the most fatuous get lucky just as I'm willing to bet that brainboxes lacking opportunities, due to inconvenient circumstances, exist. Look at the fortune Donald Trump inherited and the investors who helped him because he was already someone since birth! Now he delegates at the Oval Office on matters he barely has the brain cells to comprehend---like climate change and immigration. Compare this buffoon to Nikola Tesla, a genius who practically died immiserated. There are also potential geniuses out there who are surrounded and discouraged by insolent or jealous individuals; whilst something like nepotism promotes the ineligible. There is also a simple truth: there are billions of us and only a limited amount of opportunities. Not everyone can be a leading neuroscientist; in a similar vein, not everyone can be a cleaner. :geek:

But we certainly want the best for our kids. I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent individual but I'm only a 5ft3" male---which means that I've been the subject of ridicule for most of my life. When I was 22, and still somewhat immature, I had my first child. I didn't even think that there was a possibility that my first son might inherit my bantam frame. He didn't. My wife's genes for his stature happened to be more expressive where mine were recessive. Then we had a petite girl and subsequently an average height boy. By this time I was pleased because, in our society, truncation seems to be more acceptable for females. Still, there is a good chance that my grandchildren will be the butt of jokes. If I knew what I know now, I would certainly spare mankind of further lilliputians. My wife, of course, wouldn't have this. She'd say, 'Why adopt when you have a sperm factory between my legs? Let those unable to have kids adopt.' But I concur with you. 8-)

I also hope genetic engineering will eradicate handicaps. Having kids shouldn't even be a right, it should be something you have to apply for, like driving; if you fail a test, you're ineligible. The test should entail the evaluation of genes as well as behaviour/attitudes. Yes, it is true that we naturally possess the tools for meiosis, but we didn't earn them and why should the rest of mankind accept offpring that could potentially set it back or be its scourge, right? We have certainly touched upon a polemical subject here. I wonder what others have to say about this. :twisted:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 26 Nov 2017 10:47

@Summerlander
Thank you for letting me know about Slimming World,it certainly looks promising. I'm a little bit suspicious about their "Eat as much as you can" leniency (even if you're eating lower calorie and more filling meals,you could still end up eating an excess level of calories and prevent fat loss altogether),but based on everything else I've read on their site,they are leagues better than the "average diet routine" that forces you to eat at extremely low calories,eliminate your favorite food choices,and engage in an excessively strenuous exercise regime. All of which will cause unbearable suffering to the average person trying to lose weight and thus fail miserably. Trust me,I know. ;)

(even if they did manage to suck it up till they lose weight,they will almost certainly not be able to maintain this in the long term. and in the rare case that someone manages to do this,is it really a victory? When u are constantly miserable from depriving yourself of your favorite meals and engaging in exercise that you either don't like or even hate. That's no way to live. I had a friend on youtube long ago who actually knew someone in real life who has done this,because of the constant pressure from his family and friends. He's constantly sick,stressed out,tired,and short tempered. Despite this,his family keeps praising him for his so called "success". Ugh! :roll: )

Several months ago,I bought the e-book "Superior Fat loss" from the author of this website,whom I found to be a very trustworthy source:
https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/

I can't go into detail here,but while I haven't read his entire book yet(I'll finish it once I'm in a position to execute his advice. Right now,I've got other things to worry about),he goes about it in a way that is actually long term sustainable unlike your typical crappy diet. Its just that from my position right now,I cannot really execute the advice and I'll have to achieve my financial goals first. For now,I'm sticking to measuring cups. is it ideal? No,far from it,but it'll have to do for now. I've also started taking Metformin as of the moment. I don't have diabetes,but I'm apparently pre-diabetic and there's been a bunch of studies done that says this medication actually helps people live longer and even lose weight in other people. FWIW,my grandmother takes this same medicine and she not only looks younger than her age,she's also more physically capable than many people at her age. So far,I haven't experienced any side effects.

You're right. From what I know,the most effective/successful people were raised in very nurturing environments by competent parents. There is the say that "Nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent."

Having kids shouldn't even be a right, it should be something you have to apply for, like driving; if you fail a test, you're ineligible

Absolutely! I'm convinced that the entire world would become a better place if society started applying this as law. There are too many unqualified parents out there,breeding out children who are almost certainly likely to end up unsuccessful/miserable in life because the parents lacked the knowledge and foresight to nurture them well. Provide them also with parenting training and in the future,when VR gets to a high level,provide a "Parenting simulator" so that people will experience what parenthood is like,and will shatter whatever illusions they had about it.

If a couple failed the "genetic" test but passed the personality/responsibility test,they should be allowed to adopt but not procreate. (at least until genetic engineering becomes available and at a high enough level to weed out bad traits)

If its the other way around(Good physical genes but irresponsible/terrible character)they shouldn't be allowed to parent,but instead encouraged (not "forced",encouraged)to just donate their sperm/eggs and pay them a decent price for it.

Would this lead to a lot of people forgoing parenthood altogether? Yes,but this is a good thing because it weeds out the people who would never have been good parents anyway.
Would this lead to under-population? maybe,maybe not. But in the future,we'll have robots to automate the grunt work for us,and so there won't be any need for an excessive number of people.

Allow me to add another controversial point-of-view. I'm pro-choice,and I believe that Abortion should be legal and it is a more ethical choice than either forced parenthood or giving the child up for adoption.

Here are a couple of horror/regret stories from people who were forced into parenthood. Nobody wins when parenthood is forced. that goes for both the couple and the children.
https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/wiki/regret

As for the 2nd,as I've said before,children forced into foster care often end up living miserable lives. If they are born with less-than-stellar genes,that goes double. Its much more ethical to spare them such a fate.

I'd definitely like your opinion on this,and its something I brought up on another site. but do you think dangerous criminals should be forced sterilized? Personally,I say yes. Especially for the worst bunch like Pedophiles and obviously Psychopathic inmates. (of course,the worst of the worst are better off executed. but the ones who are very bad,but not enough to justify execution,should be forced sterilized)

Not only do we not want their genes spreading,but these kinds of people would make horrifying parents. (as if that wasn't obvious...)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Nov 2017 18:22

Yeah, it's no kind of life if you find yourself making huge sacrifices for the sake of image. Some people are OTT. The maxim, 'no pain no gain' creeps up every time one wants to reach a goal. I say take it easy, find harmony in everything, look for the middle ground. You seem to be pretty good with research. Once you've done your homework, your instinct can be a pretty good guide. 8-)

I like your legislative proffer on parenting entitlement; I'm all for it being tested. I suspect it would result in something better than what we currently have. It is very likely that AI will take many more jobs so it would be nice to see a 'remnant' generation of people who can at least compete with machines in some sense. :geek:

I'm pro-choice, too, btw, and I pretty much agree with everything you said about ethically preventing the birth of human beings who are bound to suffer because they'll struggle to fit in in some sense. Abortion should be legal. It should be avoided---if one can help it---due to health risks, and performed as early as possible (at the embryonic stage). Nobody should be forced to give birth. Life is not as sacrosanct as people make it out to be. Life means guaranteed suffering and, in some cases, torture. It is better for some to not be born.

If we could cure psychopathy and paedophilia, we'd do it to spare those individuals of socially unwanted urges. We could even prevent 'human evil' from being born through genetic engineering---perhaps tinkering with the genome to increase altruism and compassion which would lead to the mitigation of sadistic tendencies. Who knows what the future holds ...

At the moment, it seems our best solutions are incarceration or extermination for the problem of iniquitous individuals. :|
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 30 Nov 2017 04:55

@Summerlander
Recently I've been reading some articles that talk about how the secret elite actually wants society to start depopulating,to make the populace easier to control/manage,etc. Regardless of what the elite wants,they could achieve that in an ethical way by applying our ideas of mandatory Parenting training and screening before being allowed to have kids,and by validating the Childfree lifestyle as a valid life path so parents/people will stop discriminating against those who choose to go that way. I'm definitely positive that this will definitely decrease overpopulation.

Assuming the new RISUG/Vasalgel male birth control is successful and has no harmful side effects,they should make it mandatory to put every man in society,starting at the earliest age when male children start feeling sexual attraction. (I think that's either 12 or 13 yrs old)

Why? to prevent unplanned/accidental pregnancies. Lets face it,young teens tend to be reckless,and none of us are omnipresent. As far as my knowledge goes,at least 50% of pregnancies world wide are unplanned. We need to do something about that. (this is not even taking into account malicious individuals who get pregnant on purpose,either to force the person into staying in a crumbling relationship,or for financial gain via forced child support,etc. This is usually executed by evil women,but some men do this as well.)

The Vasalgel can be removed once a couple has "proven themselves worthy" by passing the necessary tests. (Although if they are truly responsible parents,they'll just re-apply it once they've popped out a satisfactory number of children for them)

Ah...These thought experiments are very interesting. Too bad they are unlikely to come true. Imagine the amount of world wide problems and suffering we could solve. :cry:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Dec 2017 06:29

RISUG sounds promising. 8-)

Not sure the masses that monopolise birth---in particular, with a religious agenda---will accept its application to the young. There is always a sanctimonious herd who adopt an admonitory tone about what could be encouraging teenage bacchanalian pursuits.

If they're gonna do it they're gonna do it, right? :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 01 Dec 2017 18:32

Summerlander wrote:If they're gonna do it they're gonna do it, right? :mrgreen:

Bingo. Your time and energy is better spent teaching your children how to swim in those dangerous waters and help them minimize whatever damage that could occur. (In this case,preventing your son/daughter from potentially screwing up their life along with yours via RISUG.)

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/reduced_capacities.htm

A book I plan to get at some point in the future,since I'll likely be "swimming in those waters" myself later in life ;) (You already know one of my life goals after all)
https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Picket-Fence-Outside-Middle-Class-ebook/dp/B076KVC6C3

Return to “Off-Topic”