Organic Food

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Organic Food

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 09:19

RedKryptonite wrote:Oh,and I'm finally restarting my dream journal routine. Might not be too long before I'll start my LD inductions again. Perhaps soon I'll earn my right to join Hagart's oneironaut group once I'm back to lucid dreaming on a regular basis again.

Even if sarcastic, this is the wrong attitude. Dream for yourself. You never have to prove anything.
I have no group. I'm groupless. I have less than group. Why else am I blabbing online here with you all?! :D
(Well it's not all, only those I relate with...)

Oh well, good night. I just felt like talking to my computer, and the fact I relate with others or others find a relation with me, is the icing on the cake topped with a sundae, and I have plenty of nuts to sprinkle around.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 20 Jan 2018 14:41

HAGART wrote:I'd like to reply more, but I started to get tired and lost steam to write and think. Ah, it's 2:00 a.m., no wonder. I have been on to something for a while. A proof that existence is futile. But I am so stupid to look forward to another day because now I am relaxed. Just for a period of time until the 3 ring circus of the shit show of reality comes back again for half a day.

Its cool man. Reply only when you want to and whenever it is convenient for you. I know those 2 links are quite a handful to read. You don't really have to read them if you don't have the time or attention span for it,I just linked those because I felt they were very relevant to the conversation. ;)

Oh and BTW,You may just call me RK,an abbreviation of my username. HunterClash,one of the users here,called me by that. Unfortunately though he seems to have left. Well,that's life,people move on. :(

The username I actually planned to use was "RedsunKryptonite" but because it was too long for this website,I had to change it to Redkryptonite instead.

Little Trivia:
Superman is weak to both Kryptonite and red sun radiation,though they function differently. This is because Krypton had a red sun rather a yellow sun like ours. Red sun doesn't make him weak like kryptonite does but it slowly drains and takes away his powers. leave him under red sun radiation long enough and he'll be as powerless as an ordinary human until he's exposed to the yellow sun again. This is why the people of Krypton did not have Superman's powers on their home planet. Google the old non-canon comic book where Superman fought against Muhammad Ali if you want to see a demonstration of this. hehe :mrgreen: )

Oh and...believe it or not,Red Kryptonite is actually real. I assume you're not a comic book reader and so I won't bore you with excessive details,but there are several different types of kryptonite out there in the world of DC comics. Red kryptonite doesn't weaken Superman like the traditional green Kryptonite does,but it does have unpredictable effects on Kryptonians. Here's an example of what it did to Superman in a certain story arc:
https://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Screen-Shot-2016-04-28-at-12.36.46-PM.jpg?x11342
...ouch :lol:
Trivia Over

On another note,may I ask what kind of recreational drugs you take? Besides marijuana/cannabis. I'm a guy who someday wants to live in a place where I'm free to be a happy stoner. :mrgreen:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 17:20

I was never into superman or comics, no. I prefer Pooperman, Powdered Toast Man, and Waffle Girl are my super heroes.
Sugar and video games are recreational drugs too. And I curse my useless cigarette habit. I came close to quitting this year, and even quite for a few days last year, and will try again. I had planned my quit date to be January 15th, but that didn't work out. I plan now for February 1st. I came up with a great technique. Sometime the desire for a cigarette is a compulsion, not a craving for nicotine, so I light up a butt, smell it, put it out, and it feels like I went through the actions and it satisfies me. I remember Summerlander mentioned once he use to smoke for 10 years. I've been doing it for 5 and a half, and it's like crack. Really hard to quit. I'll just focus on weening off for now.

Basically, nowdays, our minds are overloaded with dopamine all the time.
I need to cut out immediate joy, for a long term happiness. I know this, but it's hard. I go back and forth. I'll take it easy today, just be bored, and work on a real life project. I'm currently installing flooring for my aunt which is quite the puzzle. Puzzles are drugs too, when we solve them we get a hit of dopamine. Better to put my energy into real life problems. EDIT: I went and hammered my finger! At least it was a rubber mallet, but dammit, you don't get hurt in a sim game where you only pretend to install flooring. I'm alright. It hurt for half an hour, it's bruised, but will heal fine. Life is pain, but we endure it.

I've been a mental masturbator for years, and still am. It's all fine and dandy until you have a midlife crisis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pADaCLqhP1E
How to not waste your life(4 toxic escapism habits)

(Lucid dreaming, or just dreams in general, are an escapism drugs too)
Last edited by HAGART on 20 Jan 2018 22:18, edited 2 times in total.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 17:57

There's a new drug I've been trying that works wonders: Meditation.
Then again, that's escapism too, but just for a while to refresh.

If I am indeed just a collection of thoughts, I might as well control them. By control I mean, allow, but no need to give my worries too much energy. Think it once, why think it again? I do predict I will be much happier this coming year, but it's going to be a long, cold winter for now. Denying myself my cravings and bad habits is hard, but new healthier habits can take their place.

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken". - Warren Buffett

Changing who you are, is frightening, but I find solace in this and have meditated to it in the morning once, when I woke up with despair, and it really helped shift my mood for the rest of the day. Better than coffee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei-RsYEkA8k
LIVE AWAKE-ACCEPTING CHANGE

And so yea, those are my thoughts about organic food. :P

PS. I saw Paprika again the other day. It made a little more sense the second time. It's one of those movies you need to watch twice. It's not that hard to comprehend. I simply have to allow artistic license and not question everything. It's open to interpretations like dreams are.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Jan 2018 02:17

I smoked since college, then I stopped for 8 years---and now I'm smoking again (started last year). When I stopped I just went cold organic turkey. My brain merely stumbled upon the right mental states during my smoke-free respite.

Remember, Hagart, there is no free will. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2018 05:22

No, there isn't any free will, it's all an illusion, and even will power to deny ourselves cravings, is preordained.

There is absolutely no coincidence that I am getting the feeling to change my life after New Years. It's human nature. No matter what culture considers a new year, is like a new day, and we want to wake up on the proper side of the bed, which can be left or right. I mean, waking up on the right side of the bed, is fine, but sometimes people want to wake up on the left side, which is not wrong.

New Years, and Birthdays. Those are when I see myself in the mirror and don't like it. Well, if I don't like it, I'll change.

I got one and a half cigarettes left and I'm not planning to buy more. Wish me luck. I look forward to not being a slave to the addiction and having a bad taste in my mouth. When one quits, you have to reassure yourself why you are doing it from a distance to see the bigger picture.

(I'll probably crack and buy more soon. I say these words, but I got that devil on my shoulder telling me it will be fun. Just have another, why not? The angel on the other shoulder is telling me to read a book and go to sleep instead. Fuck that dude! :D )

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 21 Jan 2018 05:30

@HAGART
I don't know if you're in a position to execute this recommendation,but may I suggest that you look up "E-cigarettes?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW4duMgxEIo

My dad used to be a heavy tobacco smoker,but he's successfully switched to E-cigs now. His health has improved dramatically. You can switch to this and even if you never manage to truly taper off your addiction to nicotine,it is a far safer and healthier alternative to cigarettes. You're inhaling vapor with nicotine in it rather than actual tar and smoke.

Some people have managed to switch to E-cigs and slowly tapered off of nicotine. Like a heroin addict slowly tapering off his/her drug and avoid severe withdrawals in the process.

I hope this helped. :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2018 05:37

Thanks for the concern.
I got some rolling papers so I can turn one and a half cigarettes into a five or so. I'm MacGyver. I'll find a way.
Then realize it's just too much work. My laziness may be an asset.

I just don't want to bother smoking anymore. It's too much hassle.
It's winter here, and I need to put on a space suit just to survive outdoors, just to have a puff or two.
Last edited by HAGART on 21 Jan 2018 05:40, edited 2 times in total.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 21 Jan 2018 05:37

Summerlander wrote:I smoked since college, then I stopped for 8 years---and now I'm smoking again (started last year). When I stopped I just went cold organic turkey. My brain merely stumbled upon the right mental states during my smoke-free respite.

Remember, Hagart, there is no free will. :mrgreen:

Well,that's at least a relief to hear. You've been smoke free for 8 years and only started again last year. I was under the impression you've been on it for nearly your entire life.

but wow,you actually succeeded the cold turkey way?! :o :shock:
Congrats on that,very few people manage to actually pull that off. I have no idea if you could do that again,but always remember the E-cig option I recommended to you if ever you want to quit again but can't manage to pull off that miraculous feat of yours in the past. :)

Either way,best of luck. I too have been struggling with my own addiction; Food and obesity! :lol:

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 21 Jan 2018 05:48

HAGART wrote:Thanks for the concern.
I got some rolling papers so I can turn one and a half cigarettes into a five or so. I'm MacGyver. I'll find a way.
Then realize it's just too much work. My laziness may be an asset.

I just don't want to bother smoking anymore. It's too much hassle.
It's winter here, and I need to put on a space suit just to survive outdoors, just to have a puff or two.

Well,they do say that humanity's inherent laziness is the reason mankind was able to develop technology and make life far safer,easier,and more enjoyable than back in the cavemen days. Bill gates also had this famous quote:
https://pics.me.me/i-choose-a-lazy-person-to-do-a-hard-job-28690956.png

Honestly though,as a bonafide lazy person myself,its more of a curse than a blessing. and there are some jobs that a naturally lazy person will never be fit to do. (Like being a parent. Hence why I promote the Childfree lifestyle. :mrgreen: )

Anyway,just do whatever you feel is the right path. You can choose to taper down using actual cigs(its a lot less of a hassle after all),or switch to E-cigs and try to taper down from there(more hassle but if you happen to fail tapering down,you've at least replaced an unhealthy habit with a "less unhealthy" habit. ;) )

EDIT: or maybe not,your method of cutting up your cigs to make them into several smaller sticks may be more of a hassle than just simply loading up an e-cig. The only real downside I think is the higher cost.

Another suggestion: You're into Cannabis,right? perhaps you could also use this to distract you away from cigarettes. smoking a joint is undeniably far less harmful than smoking tobacco. :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”