This is why I support Genetic Engineering and Parenting training

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
RedKryptonite

This is why I support Genetic Engineering and Parenting training

Postby RedKryptonite » 04 Dec 2017 04:54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HroNdaF47s

....I don't what to say. :roll:

24/7/365

Re: This is why I support Genetic Engineering and Parenting training

Postby 24/7/365 » 12 Dec 2017 22:13

her engineered cleavage is why so much genetic parenting happens.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 14 Dec 2017 01:15

24/7/365 wrote:her engineered cleavage is why so much genetic parenting happens.

Frankly,I wouldn't want to have anything sexual to do with that woman. :lol:

But you're right,recklessness is the main reason why so many unwanted pregnancies happen. Hopefully that RISUG/Vasalgel male birth control will come and effectively tackle this problem.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Dec 2017 02:50

I'm sure lucide will be delighted to learn more about the anti-natalist philosopher David Benatar. Nihilism doesn't get more pessimistic and pro-mortalistic than this. According to Benatar, I've committed the terrible crime of bringing three people into existence: my children. :twisted:

The argument goes somewhat like this: In life, the cons outweigh the pros. Life gets progressively worse. The probability for suffering is so high that procreating is utterly irresponsible and immoral. Parents may try their best to protect their offspring but the only absolute way to preclude suffering is to stop creating life. :ugeek:

Benatar says, 'Forget genetic engineering and parent training!' Put a stop to the making of new lives. Consciousness is a horror show. I'm pretty sure most of us have thought, at some point in our lives, 'I wish I hadn't been born!' And yet, being alive comes with an instinct for survival---a biased interest naturally arising from the living perspective. We are always hoping things will get better. :shock:

But Bob's not your uncle. Things will get worse. We will lose everything including our lives. The only promising method to deal with our immiserated condition is mindfulness. :idea:

I've been saying for some time now that life isn't sacrosanct. Who said Arthur Schopenhauer was the philosopher of pessimism? Benatar takes it to the next level. Check it out

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/646592-better-never-to-have-been-the-harm-of-coming-into-existence
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 14 Dec 2017 06:20

Summerlander wrote:I'm sure lucide will be delighted to learn more about the anti-natalist philosopher David Benatar. Nihilism doesn't get more pessimistic and pro-mortalistic than this. According to Benatar, I've committed the terrible crime of bringing three people into existence: my children. :twisted:

The argument goes somewhat like this: In life, the cons outweigh the pros. Life gets progressively worse. The probability for suffering is so high that procreating is utterly irresponsible and immoral. Parents may try their best to protect their offspring but the only absolute way to preclude suffering is to stop creating life. :ugeek:

Benatar says, 'Forget genetic engineering and parent training!' Put a stop to the making of new lives. Consciousness is a horror show. I'm pretty sure most of us have thought, at some point in our lives, 'I wish I hadn't been born!' And yet, being alive comes with an instinct for survival---a biased interest naturally arising from the living perspective. We are always hoping things will get better. :shock:

But Bob's not your uncle. Things will get worse. We will lose everything including our lives. The only promising method to deal with our immiserated condition is mindfulness. :idea:

I've been saying for some time now that life isn't sacrosanct. Who said Arthur Schopenhauer was the philosopher of pessimism? Benatar takes it to the next level. Check it out

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/646592-better-never-to-have-been-the-harm-of-coming-into-existence

I once posted a topic in the past titled "Why Adoption is not always an ethical alternative to Abortion" on the reddit forum r/Childfree. The first and most notable comment I got there was this:

If you can imagine the absolute best that can happen to someone, and the absolute worst, and both were to happen to a person in their life, would the positive be worth the negative? Or is it worth it to miss out on the best positive to avoid the worst negative?
If you logically keep going down to the next best thing and the next worst thing etc, you'll find that people should never have existed in the first place.

Honestly,this is why I think Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are cruel fucking assholes for planning to give away their entire wealth to Charity and not leaving their children any meaningful percentage of their wealth. :x
the average person spends their entire lives stuck trying to make ends meet financially or trying to fix their life and never get the chance to truly explore life the way they really want to,and now these wealthy people are taking that chance away from their children. Even 1% of their gigantic wealth given individually to their children will be enough to set them for life and leave them free to pursue meaningful causes...but no,they aren't willing to do even that. If I were one of their children,I sure as hell would voice this concern. If you really want to give away your entire wealth to help those in need,that's fine and noble,but at least leave us 1% of your wealth to set us for life! :evil:

If these rich people raised their kids the same way the average unskilled and clueless parent (AKA. a Breeder. a derogatory term the Childfree community uses to describe these people 8-) )raises theirs,then the cruelty of their action is further magnified.

Anyway,moving away from that,I know exactly what you're saying Summerlander. right now I'm going through a life crisis myself,and yes,for the past few days I've been wishing that my mom aborted me along with the 2 children she aborted a long time ago when my family was far too poor to support further children. (She doesn't know that I'm aware of this. I can now see why refuses to take communion in Church and continues to suffer guilt even though she's a religious extremist. She thinks she committed an atrocity,but in truth,she made the right decision. Our family would probably have never gotten out of the rut we used to live in if my parents didn't make that decision. Ah,religion... :roll: )

I really hope things make it through for me,I haven't been this sad and devastated for a long time. Less-than-stellar genetics combined with sub-standard parenting leads to this...

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 14 Dec 2017 14:08

it's a small world after all

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 14 Dec 2017 14:18

24/7/365 wrote:it's a small world after all

On the contrary,no it isn't. :mrgreen:
http://www.wimsblog.com/2012/08/the-cure-for-arrogance-in-the-martial-arts/

or if you don't want to read that(I suggest you do,its really insightful),just take a look at this little image here:
Attachments
the-cure-for-arrogance-in-the-martial-arts.jpg
the-cure-for-arrogance-in-the-martial-arts.jpg (30.95 KiB) Viewed 60 times

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 14 Dec 2017 18:09

I use a different form of contraception...

..for me it is more similar to this... :| :o :shock: :idea: rinse and repeat

I like you. You have a bright future, as a crystalline device...

..magma is said to solidify as it cools. I choose to say it freezes...

What is BALL in the state or instance of one L before the quality of the suffix? _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
Alan II lived before the common era and was constantly involved in the sum of infinity mathematically speaking about his alter ego Alan III and could not wait to play ball in harmony. What is Alan?_ _ _ _ _ _ _.

Somebody answer that goddamn phone! Sorry, the phone rang. No no I didn't mean to yell, it's ok it's ok, go back to sleep now.
he says as he rows his fingers down the forward looking part of the interfacing square tumor atop the rectangular under growth.

what does any of it mean? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. he says as he yawns and sheds his outer layers of over growth.

you should be fine as long as your high

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Dec 2017 22:06

'You should be fine as long as you're high ...'

Hmmm ... :|

You make a good point. Sometimes I sense that Benatar's philosophy isn't as clear-cut as it first may seem. It is most likely true that in death there is no suffering---if one takes the materialistic view---but one can also make the argument that the unborn are deprived of life's ecstasies if the living do not procreate. But then again, the dead don't care. I think there are undiscovered mental states where one is absolutely happy. And even though those discovered felicitous states of consciousness may be elusive or fleeting, they promise a potential mental breakthrough for future generations that could further our advancement and improve the human condition.

So yeah, it might be worth continuing our existence as a species with that kind of hope. Meditation, for instance, can potentially neutralise qualitatively unpleasant percepts whereby the meditator may encounter an exquisite bliss in awareness alone. It is possible indeed to find contentedness in destitution. So yeah, Benatar makes a good point but good points can also be found in counterarguments that promote living. :geek:

I'm sorry if I digressed from the main topic, Redkryptonite. I do support your views regarding pro-choice, genetic engineering and parent training. They are more likely to be adopted by mankind than anti-natalism or pro-mortalism. I think it's because Benatar's philosophy can seem counterintuitive to a lot of people. Once you exist as a human being, you are bound to strive for survival. Committing suicide will only incur more suffering on your loved ones. :idea:

But we must never forget: being dead/nonexistent is never a bad thing because it's not a perspective where one desires anything. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 15 Dec 2017 00:15

Summerlander wrote:'You should be fine as long as you're high ...'

Hmmm ... :|

You make a good point. Sometimes I sense that Benatar's philosophy isn't as clear-cut as it first may seem. It is most likely true that in death there is no suffering---if one takes the materialistic view---but one can also make the argument that the unborn are deprived of life's ecstasies if the living do not procreate. But then again, the dead don't care. I think there are undiscovered mental states where one is absolutely happy. And even though those discovered felicitous states of consciousness may be elusive or fleeting, they promise a potential mental breakthrough for future generations that could further our advancement and improve the human condition.

So yeah, it might be worth continuing our existence as a species with that kind of hope. Meditation, for instance, can potentially neutralise qualitatively unpleasant percepts whereby the meditator may encounter an exquisite bliss in awareness alone. It is possible indeed to find contentedness in destitution. So yeah, Benatar makes a good point but good points can also be found in counterarguments that promote living. :geek:

I'm sorry if I digressed from the main topic, Redkryptonite. I do support your views regarding pro-choice, genetic engineering and parent training. They are more likely to be adopted by mankind than anti-natalism or pro-mortalism. I think it's because Benatar's philosophy can seem counterintuitive to a lot of people. Once you exist as a human being, you are bound to strive for survival. Committing suicide will only incur more suffering on your loved ones. :idea:

But we must never forget: being dead/nonexistent is never a bad thing because it's not a perspective where one desires anything. 8-)

:lol: Truth be told,a major motivation for me to keep living on is to savor every possible positive experience while I'm still alive. I'm a true hedonist at heart. :twisted:

Personally,I think the only valid reason to procreate is if you already live a wonderful life and you want to share that gift with someone. the vast majority of people only have children because:
1. They want someone to take care of them once they reach old age
2. They want to "pass on their genes/legacy"
3. Its just "what you do" (what society expects of them)
4. They think babies are cute...
All 4 are poor reasons to have children,especially #1. I mean,ordinary folk/sheep accuse the Childfree of "being selfish" but there's nothing more selfish than giving life for the sole purpose of having someone give up their dreams just to serve you.

- For #2,you can always just donate your sperm/egg if you really want to "pass on your legacy" (though I personally think its a pointless endeavor unless you have really,really good genes)

- for #3,well,as Steve Jobs himself says:
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.

-and of course,I don't think I need to explain #4. You don't take on such a gigantic responsibility for such a shallow reason. You can always just volunteer for children's activities(i.e preschool teacher,nanny,etc.) if you really want an excuse to play with babies.

Indiscriminate reproduction may have been a necessary evil back when we were mere cavemen,but those days are over. Now we have 7 billion people on the planet and rising and as technology keeps getting better,so is our life expectancy and quality of life. so now we should be focusing on minimizing suffering,and breeders mindlessly popping out kids doesn't help with that.

I'm just curious Summerlander,are your kids already grown up? if so,may I ask if you personally feel you've done a good job as a father? I know,that's a really personal question. you can opt not to answer if you don't want to. :)

Yup. Maybe I should use this argument the next time someone tries to Bingo(another terminology from the Childfree community,referring to people who refuse to accept our lifestyle choices)me and calls me selfish for not "sharing the gift of life" :mrgreen:

Ok,I'll reply later. gonna go back to bed. I'm doing a WBTB now after awhile of not practicing :D

Return to “Off-Topic”