This is why I support Genetic Engineering and Parenting training

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
RedKryptonite

Re: This is why I support Genetic Engineering and Parenting training

Postby RedKryptonite » 17 Jan 2018 10:55

:lol: To be honest,I was predicting this was going to be your answer. I was right,we're on the same boat. :D

Why do you think most Atheists don't ever become Antinatalists? is it because they were simply never introduced to the idea and it never occurs to them the consequences of procreation?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Jan 2018 11:56

Yes. Many were never introduced to the idea and others like the quixotic notion of preserving humankind until we finally reach the stars. :)

It's like some Darwinists supporting Social Darwinism as they erroneously believe that behaving on evolution's principle of survival of the fittest is what's 'morally right'. This is a terrible mistake because we can think of better ways to live our lives which are far divorced from nature's amoral madness.

An oil magnate might apply Social Darwinist tactics in his business to outdo his competition. But in life the rule that the strong have the right to crush the weak is unhealthy and unethical. We can all coexist by supporting one another.

I support Darwinism in the sense that much of it has been empirically verified. I do not condone Social Darwinism because I recognise nature is a horror show of predators and prey on a stage where morality is scarce.

You catch my drift? 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 17 Jan 2018 12:32

Summerlander wrote:Yes. Many were never introduced to the idea and others like the quixotic notion of preserving humankind until we finally reach the stars. :)

It's like some Darwinists supporting Social Darwinism as they erroneously believe that behaving on evolution's principle of survival of the fittest is what's 'morally right'. This is a terrible mistake because we can think of better ways to live our lives which are far divorced from nature's amoral madness.

An oil magnate might apply Social Darwinist tactics in his business to outdo his competition. But in life the rule that the strong have the right to crush the weak is unhealthy and unethical. We can all coexist by supporting one another.

I support Darwinism in the sense that much of it has been empirically verified. I do not condone Social Darwinism because I recognise nature is a horror show of predators and prey on a stage where morality is scarce.

You catch my drift? 8-)

Yes,I do. :D

http://chirontraining.blogspot.com/2012/12/unnaturally-good.html

I could only imagine how horrible life would be if we had never moved past the ruthless "survival of the fittest" race. (that's not to say that life isn't still a painful race,because if it wasn't,we wouldn't be such advocates of Antinatalism now,would we? :mrgreen: )
Kind and compassionate people indeed make the world a little less painful.

I suppose you can say that is the one aspect of human nature that is beautiful,the power to defy our "supposed nature."

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Jan 2018 15:16

Absolutely. I couldn't resonate more. There are beautiful and awesome aspects about life. Happiness is a real phenomenon too. And indeed we can mitigate the pain of living. But antinatalism remains solid in my view. Moments of happiness are fleeting and the bad outweighs the good when we take into account a whole lifetime. Nobody is exempt from this simple fact. We should be glad that nobody gets out alive from this insidious nightmare.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”